Uninsured Driver

Laddey

FH is my second home
So i was eating my tea and i got a knock on the door.

Some 18 year old kid had smashed his parents golf into my brand new nissan juke. My cars FUCKED.

Now this young prick was uninsured, his dad owns the IT company for BAE so he's got pure doe. They begged my not to ring the police as he is training to be an officer in the merchant navy. I told his dad he gets his hand in his pocket n pays for the repairs. He agreed.

Now what if my cars chassy is bent to shit and its a write off? The cars on finance and theres a few grand left on it.

If i claim off MY insurance, im gonna lose my no claims as they are unprotected and my premiums are gonna go up to shit.

What would you do? I don't wanna ruin this guys career but i wont hesitate to ring the po'po if his dad messes me about.

Personally, i want rid of the fucking thing. My insurance is £250 a month and the finance is £250. The heap of shit is expensive.

WTF

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Wouldn't claim on your insurance, no matter what. If the guy doesn't pay up completely, go to the police?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Similar thing happened to my mum a few years back, just make it clear that if they do not put you back into the position you were in that you will follow through with the police.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Not sure it'll look to good on you if they fail to pay for the damage then you go to the police.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Get the car assessed and a quote for the repairs from a couple of garages to get the general price.
Show quotes to twonk's dad and say "If you're prepared to cover this expense, then we'll be okay".
If twonk's dad agrees and pays up, consider it finished.
If twonk's dad disagrees, then report it to the police as criminal damage and fuck up twonk's chances.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, get it looked at ASAP. If it's a write off then he make sure he buys you a new one/makes arrangements.

If he fucks you about then go to the police.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Do you have any proof that said twonk is the one who hit your car? If not, go to the police now.

soze

I am a FH squatter
As you are failing to report a crime I am not sure how the police will react if you report it in a month if the guy dicks you about. If it was someone I know then I would do it but for a stranger I think i would want cash up front.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Sounds to me as though this lad has taken the car without its owner's consent, regardless of the relationship between them.

In which case, if the car is fully comprehensively insured, the other company should cover it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
if he drove it without consent or without insurance tbh go to the police .. theres nothing to stop this dude turning round in 3 weeks time and saying yeah good luck c ya

and you have no proof .. call the rozzers imo

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
What Soze said, you are gonna look like a right twat in a weeks time if it all goes tits up and he doesn't pay.

"Hi officer, my car got hit by an uninsured driver last week but I decided to call you because his Dad offered to pay for my damages. He was lying and now I need your help."

Driving uninsured = crime.

I have no sympathy for him at all. Report it.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Personally i would think about myself in this instance and feck everyone else and think about yourself. I would get the police involved asap... Thats my opinion anyway

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
1-report it.
afaik whoever sorts out insurance isnt up to the police, but they will give you an incident number
2-if his dad is offering to pay so you dont get his life ruined etc.. get it in WRITING and SIGNED by him
then if he dicks you about, you can go to insurance with the "i acted in good faith, he fucked me over, so im claiming"

Gumbo

FH is my second home
What Tom said. Fuck the kid. If he's prepared to roar around uninsured in his Dad's car, probably Twocing too, then he has no place as an officer anyway.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
if he drove it without consent or without insurance tbh go to the police .. theres nothing to stop this dude turning round in 3 weeks time and saying yeah good luck c ya

and you have no proof .. call the rozzers imo

Definately take this into consideration... ^^

If they change their mind, there is very little you can do about it. Once they've repaired the damage on their car, your proof is probably gone.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I'd go easy tbh - rape his dad for the money but don't ruin the guy's life. Friend of mine did exactly this - totalled his dad's car and got busted for it. Within a year his life had turned to shit and he's a shadow of what he should be.

The little cunt will get a slap from his dad and won't do it again, I'm sure. You make SURE your costs are covered and walk away I suppose?

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
Why should he go easy. The twat shouldnt be on the road. Fuck him tbh... After all i dont see why he should get away with it. The best thing by far is to report it asap.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i had my car written off last year, in june
was parked on a wide pavement outside MILs house.
guy was driving his mates' mum's car.
wrote it off in my bonnet.
owner turned up, gave description to the W yorks traffic cops, including "he rang me from a field saying hes hurt himself and to tell the police it was stolen, but i wont do it for him"
ok cool
now their insurer is saying "oh it was stolen".. er no it wasnt. and i know even if your brother/mum/whatever takes it without asking its "stolen"
i pointed out the fact to the insurance company that w yorks rozzers had a statement and they said "oh thats ok sir, but we dont actually check the police statements until it goes to court"
?!!?

tldr: whole insurance thing is a minefield of mouth breathers and money spinners, cover YOUR OWN ASS, let him sort himself out

Zede

Part of the furniture
imagine the bastard had hit the car with you in it, and your now just coming out of massive reconstructive surgery on your leg, first of approx 5 operations over the next 4 years, fuciking your life up completely, and you get jack shit to show for it. report him asap and be glad it was not a lot more serious. fuckards like him don't belong on the road.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'd go easy tbh - rape his dad for the money but don't ruin the guy's life. Friend of mine did exactly this - totalled his dad's car and got busted for it. Within a year his life had turned to shit and he's a shadow of what he should be.

The little cunt will get a slap from his dad and won't do it again, I'm sure. You make SURE your costs are covered and walk away I suppose?

Are you serious?

Imagine if this cunt hit someone. Clearly he's not competent enough to drive the car - hence why they were not allowed. What they did was put other people at risk of death/serious injury ( he wrote off a car! - it wasnt a minor prang ) they DESERVE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES.

rynnor

Rockhound
The officer training thing is probably a lie to tug at the heart strings - if they play this right they can con you that they are going to pay and then walk away.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
At the end of the day. Its up to you on what you decide on... If it was the other way around I'm sure no1 will even think about letting the other person off...

All I say is... THINK ABOUT YOURSELF AND ONLY YOURSELF REGARDLESS!

Chilly

Balls of steel
Are you serious?

Imagine if this cunt hit someone. Clearly he's not competent enough to drive the car - hence why they were not allowed. What they did was put other people at risk of death/serious injury ( he wrote off a car! - it wasnt a minor prang ) they DESERVE SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES.

Yeah I suppose you're right. I just know that I've got away with stupid shit I've done and I have no intention of ever doing again.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I would go to the police tbh, it's not just the car and the damage (that car no matter what will never be 100% again) it's the hassle you have been put through in getting quotes/not having a car to use.

Plus the implications of if you take afew extra quid for that hassle which may backfire, go to the police and tell them to say someone else was driving or something, not 100% legit but the cleanest way to fix it

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Yeah I suppose you're right. I just know that I've got away with stupid shit I've done and I have no intention of ever doing again.

The difference being this is the stupid shit happening to you. Well, not you exactly, but you get the idea.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Report it to the police and your insurance company, if you do have to go the insurance later, they will ask lots of questions as to why you did not report it earlier.

Nate

FH is my second home
Go to the police, he shouldn't be driving and if his Dad is so rich...why isn't he insured?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The sensible person in me says report it. You could get stung.

The money grabber in me says get the dad to admit to it, and agree to a price, into your videophone. At least you can then fuck him over if he fails to pay up. - but you'd have to do it today.

I'd probably do the first, but if you can make cash (and enough to put your mind at ease) and you really want to, you have to protect yourself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom