Unexpected item in bagging area

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well they're far too advanced for us French folk but when I've shopped in England I've never had a problem with them.

georgie

FH is my second home
what is that? like a self-service checkout?

Exactly like one, I think. :)

used to live near a 24 hours spar in cardiff.. was opposite a brothel
used to be a cop car outside more times than not

I used to live round the corner from that Spar too, why did I not know about the brothel?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Well they're far too advanced for us French folk but when I've shopped in England I've never had a problem with them.
we have/had them at workies. they would set off an alarm at random times to have a slop trough staffy come and check your tray to see you weren't a thieving cunt. turns out that so many people are thieving cunts that they only have them on at super busy times, and even then you're watched like a hawk :)

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
At least you lot don't work with them =( I spend a shit load of time at work sorting out some shit-eating neanderthal's mistakes.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I love it when noobs don't realise they let you pay at customer services at busy periods, OMG 10 minute queues - brb, paying at Customer Service, then everyone gives you evil like you stabbed someone. gtfo.

I did something similar in M&S the other day - zillions of people queuing to pay for food, I just walked to the child clothing till and paid for my food there :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I did something similar in M&S the other day - zillions of people queuing to pay for food, I just walked to the child clothing till and paid for my food there :)
Great minds think alike, the best was when I was picking up some alcohol from Tesco, and this guy was struggling to carry stuff, as was I, we both looked at each other, nodded, and walked to the tills with pride in tact, got a basket, nodded again, and went our separate ways, was like a music video.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
worst thing you hear is "please take your items" every 5 seconds

Chilly

Balls of steel
you lot are retards, they work flawlessly for me. I even know the manager's code for the one near ealing common tube. Hint: it's an ascending sequence of integers starting with 1.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
A person > Machine

We've had them in DK and they are being dismantled as we speak.
I've stubornly refused to use them, opting to stand in a que if I have to to avoid using them.

seems I'm not the only one ;)

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
The worst thing is when some idiot scans something, doesn't actually read the screen, doesn't put the item in the bagging area and then looks blankly at the screen because it won't scan the next item. Then they glare at you when you tell them it needs to go "Down here where the bags are."

In fact, no, the worst thing about it is the old people who knwo nothing about technology. It's as if they think to themselves "I know, I'll try to use this machine and make that very busy customer assistant spend 20 minutes helping me instead of doing something useful."

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
I buy 2 different types of cake that you put in a bag yourself. I choose the 1st cake and it says put it in the bagging area so I have to put the whole bag there. Then I choose the 2nd cake and it says put it on the bagging area even though I was forced to already. So there is a flaw in the system with some scenarios...

russell

FH is my second home
In a world of stress where kids are screaming and I am late -they shine like a quick way out -only to tempt me in and then drive me mental by taking twice as long. Dont be fooled by them, they are designed to wind you up.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I fucking love them. In the sainsburys where I get my lunch each day there are 5 self scans and 5 manned tills and the queue feeds in to both. I spend the whole queue going 'please be self scan please be self scan please be self scan.'

Although to amuse myself I do sometimes respond to the machine quite loudly to freak out my fellow customers.

Machine - 'Have you scanned your nectar card?'

Me - 'Why, no I haven't! I must do that now so I don't miss out on those 6 points!'

Machine - 'Unexpected item in the bagging area.'

Me - 'Are you flirting with me?'

rynnor

Rockhound
Its still faster to use a manned till which is a pretty big flaw - plus they are full of bugs and cant cope with anything novel.

Humans rule!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I like the self-scanning stuff, when you have a small amount of items, especially, they should really enforce the 10 items or less rule.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Please scan your first item

*BEEP*

Please wait for assistance

pez

Can't get enough of FH
You people are the only reason self scan is ever a problem. Its like the easiest thing in the world. You scan an item. You put it in a bag.

I spent 6 months working on a check out. I don't know if that gives me a super human advantage but I never thought it was that hard. I use one twice a day and must have a problem less than 1% of the time.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
30+ years watching someone else scan my stuff = I work dem fine!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Let's not turn this unexpected item in the bagging area into a murder.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
You people are the only reason self scan is ever a problem. Its like the easiest thing in the world. You scan an item. You put it in a bag.

I spent 6 months working on a check out. I don't know if that gives me a super human advantage but I never thought it was that hard. I use one twice a day and must have a problem less than 1% of the time.

Yes but when you have to wait for some mong to come and unlock it for you because you're buying something with an age restrcition, or it just doesn't recognise your item it brings on some real rage.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yes but when you have to wait for some mong to come and unlock it for you because you're buying something with an age restrcition, or it just doesn't recognise your item it brings on some real rage.
TBH it is your own fault you buy age restricted stuff you know you will need a member of staff so go to a manned checkout. Simples.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Tesco: Never had a problem with them, ever. Their weight scanners could sense a hair if it were to be scanned through.
ASDA: 1 item -> Unexpected. 2 Items: Please put it in bagging area. 3 items: Unexpected. <- FUCK OFF. It's not like I'm trying to scan a 2ft midget from some BSDM store in Camden, am I?!

German friend got IDd in ASDA a few days back and they refused their German passport. Imagine how that played off when the manager was involved.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
So, get TdC to one of those machines and swaffle it. Perfect picture op with "unexpected item in bagging area".

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Its still faster to use a manned till which is a pretty big flaw - plus they are full of bugs and cant cope with anything novel.

Humans rule!

I dunno about that,,,say if you had 4-5 items of food, at the checkout the staff have to ask questions like at the airport :p where as if you use the machine ..you scan item+ bag it 5x..put note in and its done. no waiting for that 1/2p change or receipt or school vouchers of the coupon you get as you spent a particular amount etc etc etc.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Another thing:

"Do you have a co-op card?"

"Do you have a clubcard?"

"Do you have a nectar card?"

"Do you have a shell card?"

"Do you collect schools for whatever vouchers?"

FUCK OFF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom