News Unemployment. here it comes!

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Eksdee, well done on the job!
If you wanted you could always offer to do a free/low paid internship at local design places on your 1.5 days off?
It's something I've been thinking about doing in the mornings when Im not working.
A lot of the places that have decent design jobs for all look for industry experience, which is fucking hard to get if no one will give you a job!

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Just a small word of advice for those currently on the dole here in England. There's a scheme called the future job fund. Most of those jobs are with shoddy employers. Be wise. If the job aint up to scratch then tell the dole to FO and get you a better one. I was in an interview on Friday. Most ridiculous piece of shit I've seen, and yep they got told to FO and the dole know it as of this morning and it's all cool. Moral? Don't be scared to say what you think... :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
More fluff, once again it's smoke without fire. Wait until the actual recommendations are released, not speculation from leaked letters. It's in the Unions interest to do this kind of thing, they are the one's that risk losing massive sums of money here.

also Chodax, if you insist on posting sensationalist headlines, at least have the decency to go into some detail as to the content. The actual story linked tells a different tale than your headline. Alternatively, Labour have been crying out for a new spin doctor since Campbell left, could be a career there for you!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
What it doesn't say potentially 15,000 ministry of justice jobs could be lost? Knock on effect? Less prison places, longer waiting times for all court actions?

Wake up fella, almost every department is facing cuts of 15% and upwards. That isn't a prediction, the Tories have already indicated such.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm awake, I didn't say there would not be cuts, the UNION predicted 15,000 cuts, not the leaked letter. The leaked letter only mentioned the scale of budget cuts, whihc aren't finalised.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I'm awake, I didn't say there would not be cuts, the UNION predicted 15,000 cuts, not the leaked letter. The leaked letter only mentioned the scale of budget cuts, whihc aren't finalised.

Ok so we have a number on the £ being cut from the budget, now tell me how they pay 80,000 salaries from a pot that only has enough in it to fund 70,000 or less? They can't fucking magically keep paying those all wages and make £2 billion in cost savings elsewhere in that department, we are talking nearly 20% of the total departmental budget and so big job losses are enevitable. Sadly those losses are coming in a department already close to being run off the rails by insane amounts of red tape and massive workloads because the courts/jails are so backed up.

You know where they need to cut? Trident, NHS administrators, Inland Revenue. Those have far more room for manouvre when it comes to staffing levels.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
All the departments have to review their budgets, so like I said, wait till the actual proposals are out, it's pointless speculating. It's sheer scaremongering. The unions are clearly going to do this as much as possible.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
unison do predict a lot of shit. I remember Rollie Rowlands telling me once that equal pay cases would cost hampshire county council £2billion. hahahaha.

R2D3

Fledgling Freddie
Would have been useful if Brown had read Keynesian economics a bit more and didnt just read the bit about deficit spending and go "Yep <Darth Vader inhale> sounds good to me" shame never read on where you are supposed to save during the good times so you have the money to deficit spend during the bad.:lol:

Pity the public sector workers who are for the chop now at the worst possible time. But darn wish I had their pension scheme (though not much use to most of them now :()

R2D3

Fledgling Freddie
Well cuts are starting to kick in, Audit Office canned, MOD next (20%) cut.

Wonder if any of it will ever be reflected in lower taxes, painfull to look at my wageslip each month and see the big bite that is taken out of it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Well cuts are starting to kick in, Audit Office canned, MOD next (20%) cut.

Wonder if any of it will ever be reflected in lower taxes, painfull to look at my wageslip each month and see the big bite that is taken out of it.

2 more months of smaller cuts before the big ones hit, double dip recession here we come and just as Germany post 2.2% growth for the last quarter. This governement is fucking clueless, stalled recovery incoming!

R2D3

Fledgling Freddie
Most governments we have had have been pretty damned clueless, what you get when the governments are elected on the basis of who can BS the best, not who are actually the best qualified to run a country.

The beauty of democracy! :cheers:

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I think we should form vigilante groups to purge terrorism and crime from our streets. I'll buy the guns.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I will pay for the reading lessons! We dont want same mistake as last time where the vigilantes beat up the pedotricians by mistake!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I will pay for the reading lessons! We dont want same mistake as last time where the vigilantes beat up the pedotricians by mistake!

They get paid £100k a year and more, so are part of the reason we are in recession! A few knee-cappings will sort em out!

Talivar

Part of the furniture
We should just settle things with football, each season instead of relegation we just wipe out the whole towns and everyoen that supports them!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
We should just settle things with football, each season instead of relegation we just wipe out the whole towns and everyoen that supports them!

Oh man how good would that be when West Ham get relegated, bye bye London. :D Half the United fanbase gone as well but fuck em, they had it coming! :D

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Would need special rules for towns with multiple teams, maybe let the other teams from the town hunt down and kill off the relegated teams fans?

R2D3

Fledgling Freddie
Saw a thing in the paper yesterday on the armed forces and it was saying that we have about 3 Brigadiers/Air Commodores/Commodores or above for every battalion/squadron/ship.

No wonder we spend so much money on our armed forces, but couldnt take on anyone more powerful that the Monaco without the yanks :twak:

Conservatives saying they will cut back on the top brass, but then never happens (if they were going to do that they would start with the number of MPs we have). Its always the cannon fodder that get cut and the top brass who remain.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Saw a thing in the paper yesterday on the armed forces and it was saying that we have about 3 Brigadiers/Air Commodores/Commodores or above for every battalion/squadron/ship.

No wonder we spend so much money on our armed forces, but couldnt take on anyone more powerful that the Monaco without the yanks :twak:

Conservatives saying they will cut back on the top brass, but then never happens (if they were going to do that they would start with the number of MPs we have). Its always the cannon fodder that get cut and the top brass who remain.

You kind of answered it yourself, we have 3 of those guys in each position because we got rid of the manpower/equipment years ago but kept the offers partly because of the old boys network and partly because it is nearly impossible to replace those people quickly in the event of war. Regardless it seems obvious to me that you don't cut troop numbers, ships, planes, tanks or other equipment. You scrap Trident full stop, it just isn't needed and the money saved means we don't need to cut other areas of defence.

- English -

Resident Freddy
You kind of answered it yourself, we have 3 of those guys in each position because we got rid of the manpower/equipment years ago but kept the offers partly because of the old boys network and partly because it is nearly impossible to replace those people quickly in the event of war. Regardless it seems obvious to me that you don't cut troop numbers, ships, planes, tanks or other equipment. You scrap Trident full stop, it just isn't needed and the money saved means we don't need to cut other areas of defence.

Ofcourse you dont need Trident, until its too late.

Its part of what makes us a good ally to have, because of nukes.

- English -

Resident Freddy

rofl, they have cut the numbers of MPs.

R2D3

Fledgling Freddie
Well tbh we could cut the lot and just do it Swiss style with national service and every household with a automatic rifle eady to go (though the thought of that is a bit eeek).

Would just need to admit that we are a joke internationally these days and flexible, mobile, highly trained and well motivated = small, poorly equiped and a bit shite.

Have no problem admitting that myself if it saved a chunk of money. Dont really give a monkeys what they get upto elsewhere, let them sort it out amongst themselves...

Plus not as if we do anything independantly of the Americans these days so might as well let them just get on with it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Ofcourse you dont need Trident, until its too late.

Its part of what makes us a good ally to have, because of nukes.

You misunderstand, we should have nukes but land based are a small fraction of the cost and we do not need anything more.

- English -

Resident Freddy
You misunderstand, we should have nukes but land based are a small fraction of the cost and we do not need anything more.

But the fact Trident is always on guard, cannot be detected or know where it is etc, is our biggest detterant.

R2D3

Fledgling Freddie
rofl, they have cut the numbers of MPs.

Thought they were still debating that (and as it is the MPs who are debating and will vote on it :m00:) and we currently have over 700 of the suckers if you include the Scottish MPs and well over a 100 ministers (so basically 1 in 7 MPs is a minister....slightly monty python)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
But the fact Trident is always on guard, cannot be detected or know where it is etc, is our biggest detterant.

No, the detterant is that we can strike back, Mutually Assured Destruction.

All Trident offers us is flexibilty of launch site and stealth but it comes at a massive cost and of course massive risk because nuclear subs cost billions and can still be lost. A well dispersed mobile platform of ICBM's is much more cost effective, hard nigh on impossible to totally eliminate before we can launch enough to make anyone really wish they hadn't attacked us. We have enough overseas bases to be able to strike back even after a massive attack, we should be using them and not getting tied into a contract that will make defense companies tens of billions in profit at the expense of the taxpayer. We need value for money and Trident offers ZERO. It will be borderline obsolete by the time we have it in place anyway.

R2D3

Fledgling Freddie

We hope it cant be detected :ninja:, we stake a lot that it cant but the list of nasty shocks to those sort of statements that have been received is a long one:

- The Maginot Line is impregnable
- The bomber will always get through
- TnT will make warfare obselete
- The battleship is the warship
- Singapore is impregnable
- No bombers will attack Berlin
- Whats the worst that can happen if we bring that wooden horse in.

And we will be bit stuffed if we find out that Trident can be detected when our mightly fleet goes glug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom