News Unemployment. here it comes!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Losing what argument? I'm pointing out that you are very unobjective on this topic. You can take that badly if you want.

I won't say a thing, I fully realise the cuts could be really bad. But until they are announced then scaremongering only serves Labour and the Unions and the press.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Losing what argument? I'm pointing out that you are very unobjective on this topic. You can take that badly if you want.

I won't say a thing, I fully realise the cuts could be really bad. But until they are announced then scaremongering only serves Labour and the Unions and the press.

When the Police themselves announce big cuts it is still scaremongering? Yesterday we had Chief Constables from all over England on TV detailing the levels of cuts they have been told to expect, how is that scaremongering?

Oh and that doesn't excuse the personal insult either, I am entitled to my opinion and I am expressing it here, either debate it with me or leave the thread but lets not turn it into a personal slanging match.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Here is a shocker for you. Completely agree with the child benefit changes, infact I think they could have gone further but cutting it for households earning twice the national average is definately a welcome step in the right direction.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hehe, bastards. :p

Still, it is a good change and long overdue. People earning good money should not be looking for government handouts as a top-up.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Quite a few calls to curb unions strike powers today.

With the benefits crack down, it's a shame they didn't go the full hod with the universal credit system, and it looks like 5 years before a lot of the changes will be in effect.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Quite a few calls to curb unions strike powers today.

With the benefits crack down, it's a shame they didn't go the full hod with the universal credit system, and it looks like 5 years before a lot of the changes will be in effect.

I haven't heard enough detail about the new credit system to comment yet, will wait on the full announcement.

As for union strike powers, they should leave it alone for now, the last thing the country can afford at the moment is a war with the unions. Concentrate on avoiding a double dip and sort the trade union laws out sometime before the next election.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Fucking media are putting the pressure on to try force them to backtrack on child benefit. They keep quoting this 1.7 million families number, what they don't say is 1.7 million families of which 1.5 million have a household income of £50,000 a year or greater. Why the fuck do those people need a government handout? They already earn well in excess of the national average for families, they do not need and should not be subsidised.

Now we have all this nonsense about future tax breaks because the media have them running scared on the issue.

BBC News - Cameron hints at tax break amid child benefit row

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Not read the thread fully so apologies if I'm about to post something that has already been written.

I was reading today that one of the things the change fails to take into account is a family where both parents are earning say £40k as they will still receive the benefit but a family with one person earning £45k will get their benefit axed.

That doesn't really seem fair.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Not read the thread fully so apologies if I'm about to post something that has already been written.

I was reading today that one of the things the change fails to take into account is a family where both parents are earning say £40k as they will still receive the benefit but a family with one person earning £45k will get their benefit axed.

That doesn't really seem fair.

They should have just gone with a household cap of £50,000 and made it simple, no family earning that amount needs £20-30 a week off the government to clothe their kids.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Thats not the housing benefit though, it's the social housing program, which is very different.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Surely no carrier or harrier for the next decade leaves us wide open if the Argies ever decide to make a play for the Falklands again? Especially if we find oil during this test drilling process.

Marc

FH is my second home
Surely no carrier or harrier for the next decade leaves us wide open if the Argies ever decide to make a play for the Falklands again? Especially if we find oil during this test drilling process.

Nope, i cant remember what he said but the defense sec at the weekend repsonded to this question on the politics show. Cant remember what he said in full but the jist was we will still have the required air support

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom