UEFA Can Suck My Bellend (contains swearing)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
You mean the most attacking team in the football league? The one who's scored the most goals?

Put four past your shower at the bridge after our league double :p

Kinda nullified by the four we put past you the same night. And the three we put past you at your place.

Anyway after a day in bed with the flu to calm down and reflect, I still feel we were absolutely fucking robbed. OK we could have taken our chances better (well, chance), but then we should have had about 3 more if not for illegal interventions in the penalty area by Barcelona players. Drogba would have been clean through if Abidal hadn't tugged him back then tripped him up, Anelka would have had a clear chance if Piquet hadn't got his hand in the way, and who knows what Malouda could have managed without Alves' assault. The first two in my mind were stonewall penalties, the thrid was debatable whether anyone woud have seen it was inside the area in real time.

The Ballack claim was an interesting one, and how many times have we seen these given, especially if the player concerned in a wall for a free kick? In fact, I'm guessing the part time footy fans sticking their oar in won't remember THE EXACT same thing happening to us in Turin when Beletti raised his arm in the box. Juve were awarded a penalty and there were no complaints.

Two stonewall penalties, and two that coud quite easily have been given. If the same had happened to England in a World Cup, the country would go apeshit.

From speaking to other Chelsea fans today I still remain of the opinion that Drogba was only voicing the opinion of every Blues fan in the world. HE might not have been particularly eloquent, but he's a foreign footballer, what did you expect? I am proud of all our players after last night - they played with the passion and intensity that was missing under Big Phil, tactically they were superb, and for all Barca's huffing and puffing, were the more effective team going forwards. The best team didn't win.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
From speaking to other Chelsea fans today I still remain of the opinion that Drogba was only voicing the opinion of every Blues fan in the world. HE might not have been particularly eloquent, but he's a foreign footballer, what did you expect? I am proud of all our players after last night - they played with the passion and intensity that was missing under Big Phil, tactically they were superb, and for all Barca's huffing and puffing, were the more effective team going forwards. The best team didn't win.

I am surprised he didn't go down clutching his face when they dragged him back, never have I seen such a big lad need smelling salts so often...

He has nobody to blame but himself for his penalty not being given, if he had the balls to stay upright more often then he would score a shed load more goals, having said that the other penalties should have been given, any ref not on Platini's payrole would have given them.

Marc

FH is my second home
Kinda nullified by the four we put past you the same night. And the three we put past you at your place.

Anyway after a day in bed with the flu to calm down and reflect, I still feel we were absolutely fucking robbed. OK we could have taken our chances better (well, chance), but then we should have had about 3 more if not for illegal interventions in the penalty area by Barcelona players. Drogba would have been clean through if Abidal hadn't tugged him back then tripped him up, Anelka would have had a clear chance if Piquet hadn't got his hand in the way, and who knows what Malouda could have managed without Alves' assault. The first two in my mind were stonewall penalties, the thrid was debatable whether anyone woud have seen it was inside the area in real time.

The Ballack claim was an interesting one, and how many times have we seen these given, especially if the player concerned in a wall for a free kick? In fact, I'm guessing the part time footy fans sticking their oar in won't remember THE EXACT same thing happening to us in Turin when Beletti raised his arm in the box. Juve were awarded a penalty and there were no complaints.

Two stonewall penalties, and two that coud quite easily have been given. If the same had happened to England in a World Cup, the country would go apeshit.

hang on. You refer to Chelsea as "we" when talking about the game with Juventus. A couple of years ago you proclaimed on here to be a Juventus supporter :S

JingleBells

FH is my second home
hang on. You refer to Chelsea as "we" when talking about the game with Juventus. A couple of years ago you proclaimed on here to be a Juventus supporter :S

I believe he supports both.

I support Spurs and Kidderminster Harriers, but lets face it, they're never going to play each other. Juventus and Chelsea at least have a remote chance of playing each other.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
The beauty of living in various different countries is I've picked up a few teams to follow. Chelsea Juve was the only time any of them have met, and I don't see Dundee United getting into the CL any time soon. Although the UEFA Cup is a distinct possibility.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
We should have a General v DAoC game of elevens.

Who's for it?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
You mean the most attacking team in the football league? The one who's scored the most goals?

And still won fuck all, another potless season for the bin-dippers and the fat spanish waiter. Nevermind, you lot always go nice and quiet come late May, is it the hibernation season or do you need 3 months to come up with more excuses?

Rest assured that Chelsea will end up with more silverware than your mob again.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
YOU DO NOT ATTACK BARCELONA ffs.

Simply as, the undoing of most sides vs Barca is that they go attack, example is Real at the weekend, they had no clue to defend they just attacked and Barca ripped them to shreads. The best you can do is what Chelsea did, defend superbly and play the odd counter attack, it totally nulifies Barca.

lolorama! :D

Rolf Harris

Fledgling Freddie
was a bit of a lollerfest watching chelsea self destruct.

got the lead with a screamer (albeit an absolute fluke really) and then fumbled about trying to get a second and failed.

its easy to sit and moan about penalty claims but some of them were pretty soft (malouda was it...somehow his legs crumpled when he got a slight palm across the face?). drogba...more leg crumpling from the softess touches.

then they even get handed half an hour with a man advantage and still cant close it off.

then the model professionals in ballack and drogba show the typical chelsea "entitlement" tantrum when they end up getting owned by a superb finish by iniesta (which seems to have been lost in all this).

oh and about the iniesta finish. he was 20 yards out and right in front of goal. where were the chelsea defenders? nowhere near him. the bus was parked in the 6 yard box...which doesn't work when you give a world class player essentially a free shot from the edge of the area.

enjoy watching the final boys...i think it'll be a cracker

Marc

FH is my second home
Im sorry, how was Drogba's goal a "fluke"? Im a Barca fan but have to admit that Essiens goal was straight out of the top drawer.

Everz

FH is my second home
lolorama! :D

So my evidence to disprove it, La Liga is defensively weak and a more attacking league, thus Barca this season has dominated it with ease as it plays into Barca advantage of being able retain the ball easily, launch an attack and score without much hassle.

They came up against a strong defense of Chelsea, where the idea wasn't to attack but it was to defend then launch a counter attack to score which caused Barca no ends of problems as it shut there game down totally. They couldn't pass there way through to the goal, they were limited to long range shots and didn't look much like scoring the whole night.

Only a fool would go with an attacking mindset vs Barca, setup the way chelsea did to counter attack them on the break and you'll beat them, there a tactically inept team, one style of play and thats it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
And I guarantee you that Sir Slex will use the exact same tactics against Barca in the final, sure he may say he is going to play attacking football, but he is no idiot.

People moaning about Chelsea's tactics are either; Platini, bitter, trolling, or have no idea about football.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Technically speaking since you're counting CL goals in your argument about who's the most attacking team; Liverpool have scored 95 goals, United have scored 112... just sayin'.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
you mean a old fat has beens vs over stimulated AdHd nerdy kids ?

not that this has anythnig to do with the topic, but its freddyshouse so thats a mute point, ADHD afected children are not overstimulated, they are actually understimulated in a part of their brains that control behaviour patterns.

Everz

FH is my second home
And I guarantee you that Sir Slex will use the exact same tactics against Barca in the final, sure he may say he is going to play attacking football, but he is no idiot.

People moaning about Chelsea's tactics are either; Platini, bitter, trolling, or have no idea about football.

Exactly, all these posts saying 'chelsea did nothing but sit back' blah blah blah are beyond a joke, Hiddink is no mug, he setup chelsea perfectly to win that match, which they were on course to do till they slacked off in the last minute.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Imo, Hiddink set Chelsea up perfectly to play a full-strength Barca side, which they weren't on wednesday night. With the names they were missing, especially in the middle of the park, he could've afforded to go with a simple 4-4-2, and get the ball up to the Drog and Anelka. I'd have stuck my best winger (Malouda on current form) on which ever wing Messi wasn't on, so he wouldn't have had to worry too much about tracking back, got the ball to him and got him to stick in cross after cross to the 2 big men up top.

Maybe i just play too much football manager though.

Rolf Harris

Fledgling Freddie
Im sorry, how was Drogba's goal a "fluke"? Im a Barca fan but have to admit that Essiens goal was straight out of the top drawer.

because when you watch it you see it takes a lucky deflection and sits up and essien basically swings a leg at it to get a shot off before the defender gets there.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
That is hardly a fluke though, essien is a very skilled footballer with a powerful and precise shot. That takes practise and talent, he could not have hit the ball like he did without that. A fluke would be a random joe of the street attempting a volley like that and maybe getting it on target.

Turamber

Part of the furniture

Who is moaning? They play the way they play and they are very good at it. It normally gets them wins but not this time. They could hardly have got their tactics perfectly correct or they'd be in the final QED.

Anyway, you may wish to refer your comments to Johann Cruyf who has also pointed out how poor Chelsea's tactics were.

Football365.com - CRUYFF: EXIT WAS HIDDINK's FAULT - All The News - Football365 News

He's not Platini, he doesn't seem to be bitter and he's not trolling. Ah, so maybe the greatest player of his generation doesn't know about football? Or, perhaps, your logic is somewhat flawed?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
That is hardly a fluke though, essien is a very skilled footballer with a powerful and precise shot. That takes practise and talent, he could not have hit the ball like he did without that. A fluke would be a random joe of the street attempting a volley like that and maybe getting it on target.

While he hits the ball with good technique, the ball has looped up massively from a random deflection, making it a fluke goal. It's not like he had the ball, moved forward with it and let one fly. There was a random ball in the air and he smashed it.

Chelsea deserved it IMO. They cheated their way through 180 minutes, refusing until the last few minutes of the tie to even bother attacking. Only 1 of those "penalty calls" should have been a penalty, there was no anti-Chelsea bias, the referee was terrible for both teams all over the pitch.

Drogba, Bosingwa, Terry and Ballack are all utter disgraces. Bosingwa declared the referee was a cheat and a thief. Terry hilariously pulled figures out of his arse saying he's only reffed 10 games before... It's more like he's reffed 21 Champions League games and nearly 50 official UEFA matches. He's a good referee, he just had a bad day. Spouting stuff about his nationality is the most short sighted idiotic shit I've ever heard from either Jamie Redknapp or Bodhi. For example, take the other 2nd leg semi? Reffed by an experienced Italian. He does a SHIT job. Go back one week, and look at the ref in the first leg of the other semi: a Danish referee. Gets pretty much every call right. A referee's nationality has NOTHING to do with their ability and just stinks of casual racism and a complete lack of understanding about foreign football (Norwegian footballers are as full time as other leagues, they're not part timers and produce some good footballers, many of which are plying their trade in the EPL now).

Ballack and Drogba should be fined for their disgraceful behaviour, ridiculous levels of aggression and bringing the game into disrepute. Shit decisions happen, deal with them. We had it last year v Liverpool with that awful penalty decision, did you see us behave like that? Did you see Fletcher or Fergie behave like that when he was wrongly sent off?

Chelsea need to grow a fucking pair and realise they are not the greatest team in the world, and learn that throwing your toys out the pram gets you nothing but hate and a lack of respect.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Only a fool would go with an attacking mindset vs Barca

I disagree. Only a fool sits back and prays their defence holds. Just like Chelski showed over the two legs, by being hugely outclassed by a side that, if they fought properly, I think they'd have beaten.

People used to sit back against the mancs 'cause they were scared. It doesn't work. Attack is the best form of defence.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Technically speaking since you're counting CL goals in your argument about who's the most attacking team; Liverpool have scored 95 goals, United have scored 112... just sayin'.

I said best attacking team in the league.

The fact that we put 4 past you at home, after doubling you in the league, was just icing ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Exactly, all these posts saying 'chelsea did nothing but sit back' blah blah blah are beyond a joke, Hiddink is no mug, he setup chelsea perfectly to win that match, which they were on course to do till they slacked off in the last minute.

No. Chelski spent 90 minutes hanging on as far as I'm concerned. It was a match that looked like Barca would surely get a goal at some time.

Guess what?! They did!! Just like loads of teams against Liverpool under Houllier.

It's a *shit* way to play. Looks crap, insults the fans and, chances are, you end up losing.

Actually, it IS the "perfect" way to set Chelski up :D

Everz

FH is my second home
No. Chelski spent 90 minutes hanging on as far as I'm concerned. It was a match that looked like Barca would surely get a goal at some time.

Guess what?! They did!! Just like loads of teams against Liverpool under Houllier.

It's a *shit* way to play. Looks crap, insults the fans and, chances are, you end up losing.

Actually, it IS the "perfect" way to set Chelski up :D

You sir are an idiot.

Barca never looked like getting a goal, they had the possession yet when it got the final third they had no way through and didnt have a clue what to do with the ball, they would overpass it which lead to a Chelsea counter attack and them scoring/creating an opportunity. You can't go attacking against Barca, you can never match there attack abilities, even when they don't have the ball there constantly pressurising for it back and usually they would get it, if you setup attacking you wouldn't have the people in order to defend in said situations, which Barca would capitialize on 9 times out of 10.

I hate chelsea as much as the next person but on the night they setup perfectly to counter Barcelona's style of play, if you setup the way of attacking then they would have got slaughtered like Real did at the weekend.
It's not all about pretty football, look at WBA this season, they play 'beautiful football' (according to all the pundit, but we all know the sh1t can't fight there way out of a paperbag) and its cost them as there on the way back down, Stoke play it route one and guess what.. there staying up. It doesnt matter how you play, aslong as there a victory ensured then its whatever it takes.

And a pool fan talking about negative tactics.. its the 75th minute, pool down 1-0 and here sub spainish fat git with an amazing attacking change... the striker is coming off.. and here comes the defensive mid.. genius!

God, its like you never watched football in your life, either that or your simply retarded.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You keep saying you can't go attacking against Barca, but you're wrong.

"You can never match their attack abilities". Bullshit.

They obviously didn't set up perfectly as they bored the shit out of everyone and LOST. At home.

WBA are a good example to bring up but not for the reasons you think - their fans are happier their team attempts to play good attacking attractive football. They'd rather go down than stay up playing like Stoke. And I agree with them. They're not going to win the league or the champions league any time soon so the club may as well do what football is designed for - entertain their fans.

Chelski haven't entertained their fans much since Abramovich took over. The Special One lost his job over it. As did Grant. The papers blamed the lack of a Champions League trophy but Abramovich is no fool. He wants Chelski to be a big club, and knows it never will be unless it wins the hearts of the supporters.

It won't do that by sitting back like scared little children against a ten-man team, whoever they are. Can't push on against ten men??! Fuck that's weak.

Honestly, I think that Chelski are a better team than Barca but Hiddink killed any possibility of showing that. I think if they had some balls and went all-out to win then they could well have done it.

And even if they had lost - we'd have not been slating the club as shit, dull, boring cowards. We'd have been impressed that they at least had some balls.

Anyway, keep your personal insults coming. It's making you look cleverer than me.

Edit: Oh yeah, and we've scored more than anyone in the PL this season? :p

Everz

FH is my second home
You keep saying you can't go attacking against Barca, but you're wrong.

"You can never match their attack abilities". Bullshit.

They obviously didn't set up perfectly as they bored the shit out of everyone and LOST. At home.

WBA are a good example to bring up but not for the reasons you think - their fans are happier their team attempts to play good attacking attractive football. They'd rather go down than stay up playing like Stoke. And I agree with them. They're not going to win the league or the champions league any time soon so the club may as well do what football is designed for - entertain their fans.

Chelski haven't entertained their fans much since Abramovich took over. The Special One lost his job over it. As did Grant. The papers blamed the lack of a Champions League trophy but Abramovich is no fool. He wants Chelski to be a big club, and knows it never will be unless it wins the hearts of the supporters.

It won't do that by sitting back like scared little children against a ten-man team, whoever they are. Can't push on against ten men??! Fuck that's weak.

Honestly, I think that Chelski are a better team than Barca but Hiddink killed any possibility of showing that. I think if they had some balls and went all-out to win then they could well have done it.

And even if they had lost - we'd have not been slating the club as shit, dull, boring cowards. We'd have been impressed that they at least had some balls.

Anyway, keep your personal insults coming. It's making you look cleverer than me.

Edit: Oh yeah, and we've scored more than anyone in the PL this season? :p

For fucks sake, its not about the neutral and making it nice for the TV, it's about getting the damn results, what are you, some plastic armchair? Would you rather Pool play beautiful and not win anything, or play crap but win trophies.. i'd pick the later.

What? I know more WBA fans then you do, i can almost guarantee although there football is nice they wish mowbray would have changed so that they are able to stay up.
You telling me that sh1t fans are happy that there fierciest rivals now leapfrog them (us), that there going back to the CCC again one of the most annoying leagues to get out of, face losing most of there players and having to build from scratch? You telling me that they will take all that because they play nice football? You sir, are way wrong.

I can pretty much guess from what your saying that your an armchair fan that probably doesn't know how heart and soul destroying a relegation or losing a match is when it matters the most. I still cheer the same whether Wolves play crap and win 1-0 or play beautiful and win 5-1 at the end of the day it means points on the board, which makes me happy and entertained, something you armchair lot seem to miss out on.

Fergie is going to use the same tactics in the final, whilst the fat spainard plots his next round of excuses as Pool end another season empty handed.
You plain and simply do not watch football or do not understand the basic concepts of tactics do you?

Who's the happiest fans atm?

Arsenal (beautiful football, trophyless season)
Chelsea (tactical football, fa cup to come)

Tell me come the end of the season, which of those two sets of fans will be the happiest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom