UEFA Can Suck My Bellend (contains swearing)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Benitez is correct of course. But then that is why the "big four" are the big four -- success breeds success, and the Champions League money enables them to have huge squads full of quality players.

I can understand why he wants the playing field levelled but he should be careful what he wishes for...

It should also be said that Liverpool have spunked millions on plenty of average players over the years. Their key players this season, Gerrard and Carragher, are both products of the youth system though interestingly enough.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fucking LOL, Benitez makes me laugh. How many times do we need to pull out the transfer costs to show liverpool have only spent a little less than us over the last 4 years.

Even better is the article itself, it lists the transfers made this season, but lets you add them up for yourself

"When you talk about United you're talking about a side spending big, big money on every player, every season.
"For me that is the main difference between the teams," said Benitez.
United brought in Dimitar Berbatov for £30.75m at the start of the season, while Serbian duo Zoran Tosic and Adem Ljajic arrived from Partizan Belgrade for a reported combined fee of £16.3m.
Liverpool, meanwhile, signed left-back Andrea Dossena (£7m), Brazilian goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri (£3.5m), striker David Ngog (1.5m), forward Robbie Keane (£20.3m) and Alberto Riera (£8m)."

So £46m spent at Utd, and £40m spent at Liverpool. Hardly a huge difference.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fucking LOL, Benitez makes me laugh. How many times do we need to pull out the transfer costs to show liverpool have only spent a little less than us over the last 4 years.

Dolt :p

Last 4 year spending is nothing. Man Utd have been buying 20m+ players to strengthen an already title winning squad. And they've been doing that alone for more than 4 years.

Benitez has had to spend (and has spent less net) to try to build a new squad from scratch. Yet we've still only got one £20million player on our books.

Benitez will get handed £20 million to buy with this summer, as always. The rest he'll make through sales first. Fergie can blow £50m a season (and does), sales notwithstanding.

The points other people are making about the "top four" being so rich that it's a pain in the ass for them are true. If it wasn't for Abramovich's lunacy and the apparent riches of City (who are MILES away) then nobody in England would be able to touch Utd's spending.

If you want to compare current value of squad you'll find, if you tot up the total cost of players currently at the club, that United's squad is more expensive than Chelski's. And that Tottingham's players add up (in what they've paid for them rather than value) to more than ours.

:kissit: :D

Embattle

FH is my second home
Dolt :p

Last 4 year spending is nothing. Man Utd have been buying 20m+ players to strengthen an already title winning squad. And they've been doing that alone for more than 4 years.

Benitez has had to spend (and has spent less net) to try to build a new squad from scratch. Yet we've still only got one £20million player on our books.

Benitez will get handed £20 million to buy with this summer, as always. The rest he'll make through sales first. Fergie can blow £50m a season (and does), sales notwithstanding.

The points other people are making about the "top four" being so rich that it's a pain in the ass for them are true. If it wasn't for Abramovich's lunacy and the apparent riches of City (who are MILES away) then nobody in England would be able to touch Utd's spending.

If you want to compare current value of squad you'll find, if you tot up the total cost of players currently at the club, that United's squad is more expensive than Chelski's. And that Tottingham's players add up (in what they've paid for them rather than value) to more than ours.

:kissit: :D

You are quite right the last 4 years spending is nothing unless you are trying to always prove a rather dubious point about club values, spending, etc.

The fact is that spending, and value of a club, figures do not automatically result in wins. One sure thing is Liverpool supporters will claim greatness but moan about spending whenever they lose although it is interesting to note that the alleged big spenders up the top of the table appear either side of Liverpool with the others in mid table.

At the end of today, should Man U win, they would of proven they are the best club this season and even more so if they win European Cup.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
What is really funny is Benitez claims Liverpool don't have the spending power of Arsenal. The man's a complete fuckwit and can't admit he has no idea what he's doing in the transfer market (or tactically, but that's another story).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What is really funny is Benitez claims Liverpool don't have the spending power of Arsenal.

True. This is why Arsenal regularly spend £8-12m raiding young unproven talent - generally more than is spent by ManU, Chelski and Liverpool.

The Manc's & Chelski can afford to take a punt at that price, but rarely do because they can also afford to bring proven talent at the cost of £20m+.

Arsenal go for the young 'un's because they can't compete with ManU's and Chelski's spending firepower there, and are being more risky. When the stadium debt becomes more manageable they'll be able to up their game.

Liverpool can't afford to compete with Arsenal on such a risky business and can't afford to up it to ManU's level. Therefore Benitez buys solid but unspectacular players with a strong work ethic and is now at the stage where he could take a punt on a couple of superstars (but won't). This is proven by his track record at his other clubs. So as for his tactic's being shit - far from it, he relies on it to make up the shortfall... Did OK doubling the mancs and chelski and drawing with the Arse this season :p

As for the rest of the premiership - they're even more fucked. And the Championship teams look on in envy.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
How has your local team done this season Ch3t?

You know, Cockney Rovers or is it Laaaaaandan United?

:p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hey, Trem, did I tell you about that new cable that will improve picture quality from your console to your tv yet? It may require you to get the tools out!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Hey, Trem, did I tell you about that new cable that will improve picture quality from your console to your tv yet? It may require you to get the tools out!

*fetches tools*

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What a great day. What a wonderful, scouser-baiting, won-nowt-again, 18-18 day.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
What is really funny is Benitez claims Liverpool don't have the spending power of Arsenal. The man's a complete fuckwit and can't admit he has no idea what he's doing in the transfer market (or tactically, but that's another story).

Wenger reportedly had £70m to spend this season. Just because he chooses not to spend any money doesn't mean it's not there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom