News Tsunami

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I was about to say that you shouldn't talk about Karma with your history, but f*ck me, swedes being swedes is punishment enough :D

(Yes i write her name in capital)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
I was about to say that you shouldn't talk about Karma with your history, but f*ck me, swedes being swedes is punishment enough :D

(Yes i write her name in capital)
Bah we have never done anything wrong, cept perhaps let you fins onto the ferries :p

Laddey

FH is my second home
God bless them! They have all my sympathy. Been following this and it is absolutly shocking.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Am I the only only one old enough to remember that Ikea started off as expensive quality furniture, nobody bought it so they went cheapo overnight.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I spent all day watching footage from the eartquake and tsunami for work today...grim.

One interview with a japanese woman that I'm not sure ever made it to air was her describing losing grip on her daughters hand during the wave. I need a drink tonight.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Am I the only only one old enough to remember that Ikea started off as expensive quality furniture, nobody bought it so they went cheapo overnight.

Nope, that is just a figment of your imagination old chap, happens are your time of life though. :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What a bunch of inbread, trailer trash arseholes

No, more like:

"The internet has once again highlighted how the stupidity of the uneducated few can tarnish an entire nation"

Don't all be just as bad as them by assuming that it's representative of the whole country. This forum should be reminder enough of how many stupid dickheads there are across the world.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
i saw another of those retard american collages somewhere else, but with way more people (and different people too) *****

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
No, more like:

"The internet has once again highlighted how the stupidity of the uneducated few can tarnish an entire nation"

Don't all be just as bad as them by assuming that it's representative of the whole country. This forum should be reminder enough of how many stupid dickheads there are across the world.

Really? So Rush Limbaugh mocking the plight of the Japanese people and getting away with it isn't a reflection of broader opinion in America either? The bloke gets paid $50 million a year for his radio show and he took the piss out of the Japanese this week, no one batted an eyelid. He doesn't represent the views of the entire nation either but he does have pretty broad support and there has been no backlash.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Really? So Rush Limbaugh mocking the plight of the Japanese people and getting away with it isn't a reflection of broader opinion in America either? The bloke gets paid $50 million a year for his radio show and he took the piss out of the Japanese this week, no one batted an eyelid. He doesn't represent the views of the entire nation either but he does have pretty broad support and there has been no backlash.

A radio host gettng paid to be controversial? Nooo...never! :p

It's not like the US peeps pay his salary.

If me and Ch3t agree on something, it must be true.

ileks

Part of the furniture
There are loads of people at our uni collecting money for Japan. Do they actually need it? Seems a bit daft considering they are the second (third?) biggest economy as far as I know?

Those videos look terrifying I must admit. You would shit a brick if you saw the whole building next to the one you were filming from get swept away like that..

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
holy shit

Indeed, mother natures power is both awesome and terrifying.. all the weapons we've created over the past hundred years don't even come close to what mother nature can do in the blink of an eye.

It leaves something to be desired despite its destructive nature.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
There are loads of people at our uni collecting money for Japan. Do they actually need it? Seems a bit daft considering they are the second (third?) biggest economy as far as I know?

Those videos look terrifying I must admit. You would shit a brick if you saw the whole building next to the one you were filming from get swept away like that..

Well, let's say it like this;

You wrecked your car and some group wanted to help you and gave you 5p.

The persons would feel so much better about themselves for "helping", but you'd not really notice any difference.

Same goes with people who think it's a good idea to fly over and help them, don't. They have enough trouble without foreigners messing things up. Kinda like you really appreciate three peopel standing around your car engine, pointing at things that COULD be wrong with it.

In comparison, that's what it's basically about.

It leaves something to be desired

Yeap, better weapons :D

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It would be ok if you could target the people who weren't getting any help,
and there will be thousands of those, just the sheer logistics of it means
ten of thousands will go without any assistance at all.
And if we had a disaster over here and as usual the governement were to slow to respond and some Japanese guy turned up with some blankets and medicine, I'd be delighted.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, rather human like isn't it?

Care for a couple of days, then especially news agencies, drop the whole japan thing into second rate news.

Not to mention, the moment a nuclear plant was in danger, people forgot all about the whole godsdamned country being in trouble. Nah, we don't care because we have an anti-nuclear message to deliver.

The hypocrisy of caring is such a delight in people and recent weeks have just shown more and more of it :p

So here's me, one who doesn't actually care, bumping this from page 3 back on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom