News Tsunami

Laddey

FH is my second home
is there any footage of when the ocean goes out and then comes back in?

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
this is the stuff of nightmares right now guys. whatever god you pray to.. pray, if you dont believe in god, make one up and pray to that.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
this is the stuff of nightmares right now guys. whatever god you pray to.. pray, if you dont believe in god, make one up and pray to that.

Not really. It's a natural disaster, but that's about it. the planet is not gonna stop doing its stuff just because a few evolved monkeys have a bad day.

As asid before, this is equivelnt of a light fart on the planetary scale and all forms of scaremongering about it is doing more harm then good.

Go about your business, have a thought about the people if you're so inclined, go help/send help if you want/can and that's it.

Oh and while we're on the subject; remember libya? Yeah, that horrible thing that was happening last week that everyone forgot after something bigger and more media sexy came along to "care" about.

Yes i SAID it :eek: Most people who are so "shocked and sympathetic", do so only to get attention points or whatever the f*ck the fake care currency is and will switch between places faster then a hooker chased by Charlie Sheen. It's the equivelant of celeb media stunts and oldschool god worship.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Oh and just FYI; the last bit, if you get offended, hit a sore spot. If not, good for you for actually giving a sh*t.

Because people who don't get offended by someone saying that, ACTUALLY don't do the caring to get carepoints.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
It´s probably the wrong thread to discuss this, but I agree with Tohtori here.
People seem to be "surfing the shock-news" these days. Just a couple of months ago, an earthquake shattered columbia... or what was that last big thing again? Does anybody remember?
There is a big flood in the Bangla Dhesh area (iirc) every year, causing hundreds of thousands of victims. But nobody seems to give a damn, it´s not even a one-line-news.
Stuff like this happens. It´s sad and I feel sorry for the people, but that´s nature. It´s bound to happen sooner or later. And I even think it´s a good wake-up call for all those people who keep chasing the illusion of mankind dominating and controlling the planet.
Funniest thing are all those people who are popping up left right and middle now, telling us that nuclear power isn´t safe. These things can explode! No shit, Sherlocks! It´s not like this was the first time we´ve seen this happening.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That's their own stupid fault for cutting down all the trees, building on flood plains and over farming though. (No, sorry. nothing to do with "climate change")

It's a small human emotion called empathy, I feel sorry for those affected but realise there is little I can do to help them, their government is rich enough to provide for the people caught up in it.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Seems a 3rd Reactor is on the fritz as well now :( This has all the makings of one epic disaster movie, just a shame it is not just a film.

It is also a serious indictment for countries that are insisting on building these things in places that are so prone to these types of disasters - earthquakes, floods etc.

Iran included.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I have heard these natural disasters are the cause of the earth plates moving and the moon being closer to the earth. Nothing that have not happened before. Nothing apocalyptic about it so far.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Day reduced by 1.6 millisecond after the Quake and earth shifted on axis by 8cm.

How cools that, and GPS satellites will have to be adjusted.

Marc

FH is my second home
11/09/01 + 10/03/11 = 21/12/12.

Joor will be fapping like mad at this!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Jeez if these numbers hold up...

Japanese death toll to far exceed 10,000 | World news | The Guardian

According to the Japanese media, the provisional death toll is as follows:

Miyagi prefecture

• At least 785 people confirmed dead in cities including Kesennuma, Higashimatsubara and Sendai, but local authorities fear more than 10,000 people may have died in the prefecture alone.

• Around 2,000 bodies found on two shores, including those in the town of Minamisanriku and Ishinomaki City.

• Minamisanriku has a population of 17,000, but 10,000 are missing after the tsunami.

Iwate prefecture

• At least 574 people confirmed dead, including those in Ofunato and Rikuzentakata.

• The city of Rikuzentakata, with a population of 23,000 people, was "almost completely wiped out", the fire department says. No information yet on how many survived. More than 80% of the city was flooded.

• In the town of Otsuchi, out of a population of 15,000 people 12,000 are missing.

Fukushima prefecture

• About 420 people, including those in Iwaki and Minamisoma cities, are confirmed dead. Around 1,200 people are missing.

Death toll in other districts

• Tokyo: 7

• Chiba: 15

• Ibaraki: 19

• Aomori: 3

• Tochigi: 4

• Kanagawa: 3

• Hokkaido: 1

• Yamagata: 1

• Gunma: 1

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
that's some scary numbers man :(

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Christ, imagine the sight of that many bodies on a beach :/

Yet assholes continue to spend hours trying to make the next funny joke, sickening (Most are unemployed idiots to whome Facebook is their lives)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yet assholes continue to spend hours trying to make the next funny joke, sickening (Most are unemployed idiots to whome Facebook is their lives)

:clap:

Anyone dissing facebook is a friend! :D

Anyway...humor is a coping thing. Firsdt place to go really, most jokes stem from simply not realising/understanding the magnitude and the brain not being able to process it. So you haha, turn away and concentraate on something else.

For example; i don't make jokes about it, but that's just 'cause i don't really give a f*ck. I admit it, it just doesn't bother me at all. It's nothing to do with being cool etc, i just don't. BUT, i wouldn't joke about it. It's 10.000+ other fellow monkeys that are gone, i can appreciate the common courtesy involved(even if there's no courtesy to be shown in this forum, and probably never will be).

Ofcourse there are dicks, there's always dicks, majority of people are turning into dicks because of other dicks, but that only means that those who gve a toss, or simply aren't dicks, will shine through a bit more. Whichy is a good thing.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
americans, assholes of the world.

I'm sure the 70,000 they killed in hiroshima would agree....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I wouldn't judge a nation by the individuals, least we judge england by Scouse and CorNokZ :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I wouldn't judge a nation by the individuals, least we judge england by Scouse and CorNokZ :p

Scouse is a good lad, you badly misjudge him just because you don't agree on a subject. The bloke is no turnip. Coconutshewz is a bit of a spanner though! :D

rynnor

Rockhound
Having too much time on my hands I worked out the total energy equivalent of all of the aftershocks around Japan since the 8.9 - the 7, all those 6s, inumerable 5s and 4s etc.

All totaled it was less than 1% of the energy of the original quake - the richter scale is a tad misleading when you just look at the Magnitude numbers :)

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
What a bunch of inbread, trailer trash arseholes

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Scouse is a good lad, you badly misjudge him just because you don't agree on a subject. The bloke is no turnip. Coconutshewz is a bit of a spanner though! :D

I actually don't misjudge him, that was commonly known as a joke :p

Let's not try to judge me by saying something i'm not doing ;)

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Having too much time on my hands I worked out the total energy equivalent of all of the aftershocks around Japan since the 8.9 - the 7, all those 6s, inumerable 5s and 4s etc.

All totaled it was less than 1% of the energy of the original quake - the richter scale is a tad misleading when you just look at the Magnitude numbers :)

The logarithmic scale used for Richter was never designed for the masses to understand. You'd be lucky to find a great number of seismologists to agree on the ramifcations either as geological densities of plates or fluxes of mantle/lithosphere; all that jazz has to be taken into consideration as well. It's a simple matter that plate tectonics is still mostly guesswork and most readings are still useless in predictive terms.

Some knobs in the US, same as here. Can't judge on that. I might argue the numbers issue between Pearl Harbour and say Hiroshima/Nagasaki though. It's not like there wasn't already payback. Let's see how much help they ask for on the west coast when the San Andreas fault next decides it's going to fuck them up.

I doff my hat to 'Robo Lynch' for being honest in that picture. Fair play matey. :D

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Like that Tsunami/Pearl Harbor!!! Karma is a bitch. Can only wonder when karma will fuck the US back to the stone age for all things they´ve done. Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Korea, Vietnam, Central/south america, supporting the Talibans. Killing off all thoose native americans.

Well its only time that will show em when California gets dumped into the ocean. Or Yellowstone blows. etc etc etc

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Like that Tsunami/Pearl Harbor!!! Karma is a bitch. Can only wonder when karma will fuck the US back to the stone age for all things they´ve done. Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Korea, Vietnam, Central/south america, supporting the Talibans. Killing off all thoose native americans.

Well its only time that will show em when California gets dumped into the ocean. Or Yellowstone blows. etc etc etc

Oh aye, Karma is indeed a bitch and I have no doubts the USA will get some of that Karma gift wrapped from mother nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom