Troll in albion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Fafnir
And the guy that did this against me was convicted to 1 year in jail in France.
I was starting to wonder why Kemor was so quiet. Guess they only allow him so much online time...

:flame:

-G

B

Blood

Originally posted by Lanc3l0t
so should the culprit still be allowed to be an op in #daoc.prydwen... seems a bit off to me

who is the culprit? if you know, then tell us please!

F

Fafnir

And his name should be made public and sent to all other online game companies, and banned from gaming online, or even to use the net. For a full year or something.

O

old.Jadow

Originally posted by Greyheed
The european union has laws against this sort of thing. It's basically a subset of the UK "Computers Misuse Act" which means that anyone aware of it has to report it to their local police authority. This isn't a civil law, it is a criminal law. What was perpetrated was a criminal act.

Hey, that's a direct quote from me in a forum elsewhere... THIEF!

G

Greyheed

bah prove it.

There are laws against this kind of thing
:p

O

old.Jadow

<explodes>

I didn't think you still had access to that other forum actually. Oh and I can't prove it without revealing certain confidentialities, as well you know, so I won't :p

Theiving Git!

O

old.Jadow

Oooh you're in sooo much trouble for that. You're going to end up in hell!

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Fafnir
And his name should be made public and sent to all other online game companies, and banned from gaming online, or even to use the net. For a full year or something.
rofl... funny Fafnir. Except this would be completely ridiculous and I know you are joking anyway.
You want to allow someone caught comitting what is basically a criminal action to be allowed back? Nice going
This kind thing doesn't exactly mean that the person is a full-time hacker of some sort... lol. Sheesh.

I

ironclaw

Now let me see where we are at ---

The person who hacked G has been banned. If he/she uses another account that will be banned - unless they have used that account without consent, when that account won't be banned - unless it is G's account where if that is used without consent G will be banned forever.

My head hurts.

I

ImLestat

The problem with the #3 Brannor stated is that even though the person who did this was banned, he could still hack Brannors account once more and do this over again, and thus get Brannor permanently banned. He can't be punished himself this time because his own account is already banned. Rediculous imo. I know that B has taken precautions against this, but it's probably still possible, although unlikely.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by ironclaw
Now let me see where we are at ---

The person who hacked G has been banned. If he/she uses another account that will be banned - unless they have used that account without consent, when that account won't be banned - unless it is G's account where if that is used without consent G will be banned forever.

My head hurts.
I was just going on the premise, that GOA MAY see it as the person behind the account in his instance, and not in my case.

Ban hacker, regardless of account (suspend/warn multiple accounts).
Suspend/warn Glauthrong, regardless of who plays him.

Understand?

dumbass troll. :p

-G

K

kr0n

Afaik GOA views players as accounts. The account that does things = the account that gets the punishment.

Kemor might enlighten this situation.

P

Pixie.Pebr

Well, since Brannor got punished it is rather obvious they look at it that way.
But in that case they should have leaved the hackers account alone, since it was the hacker and not his account who caused damage.

Goes to prove (again) that GOA need to review their rules/policies on this.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by kr0n
Afaik GOA views players as accounts. The account that does things = the account that gets the punishment.
Don't think it's exactly equal. But moreso partially equal. In general, I'd say this applies, but in this specific instance, a criminal act in the real world (theft) lead to an ingame situation. So the ingame punishment was against Glauthrong (first offense), while the real world punishment was banishment from the game for the person who did it.

Originally posted by kr0n
Kemor might enlighten this situation.
I really don't expect K to post here. I don't think GOA discusses their policy with anyone really, they just state it.

-G

B

Brannor McThife

btw... Grats on getting your Twink to L50 kr0n.

:clap:

-G

I

ironclaw

Originally posted by Brannor McThife

I really don't expect K to post here. I don't think GOA discusses their policy with anyone really.

-G

I assume you do mean with each other :)

O

old.Patrick-S

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -

You want to allow someone caught comitting what is basically a criminal action to be allowed back? Nice going :m00:
dunno why but the prison system came to mind... you punish someone for XX numbers of years then allow them back to normal life... remaking characters would make a long time and hopefully he/she would learn there lesson i reckon a permanant 'black mark' would do the job personally but <shrugs> and about number 3... makes no sense to me either let off the person who did it saying its not his fault and wipe G's account (EEEEEK lol defineately not ) or say its the person who hacked Brannor's accounts fault, punish him and let Brannor go unpunished but doing both is saying it was partly Brannor's fault.. which it wasnt oh well at least your accounts ok :clap:

O

old.Immortal

Would you shoot someone in the head, in cold blood, cause you have an order to do so?

Would you ban Brannor's trollie, in cold blood, cause someone hacked him?

It's not a good comparison (is that a word?), but my point beeing; *SOMETIMES* you gotta use your own head, apply your own rules.. common human sense for example. (Not that I know much of such a thing) :p

[edit: shit]

O

old.Normengast

Well, in all the time I have been in Midgard (since beta) I can count the sparkling purple troll warriors that I've seen on one hand.

I'm sure that - if this was intended - he would have disguized himself.

Won't waste many words on this one.

Oh and Brannor, install a firewall, even a free one will do the trick ;)

http://www.sygate.com

Cheers!

Ociri.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by old.Normengast
I'm sure that - if this was intended - he would have disguized himself.
You select the Disguised Ewul Twoll! He is an enemy of your realm!!

Originally posted by old.Normengast
Oh and Brannor, install a firewall, even a free one will do the trick ;)
Have two running now. With intruder detection. Can instantly shut my machines off the net, and from each other with the click of a button. Quite secure now. Besides, I don't think this was really a full on hack, more a case of searching my shared folders and finding the two (now non-existant) text files with my passwords in.

So, whoever did this isn't exactly a genius...just someone who wanted to either appear like one and/or wanted to make use of something that is quite clearly not his.

Like going along the street, checking which cars have the keys in them, then taking the car for a joyride and riding over some pedestrians before returning the car to its previous location.

-G

J

Jupitus

SHOCK REVELATION!! IT WAS BRANNOR AFTER ALL!!!!

Yup.. it's true... this was a Max Clifford inspired publicity stunt to get Brannor's name back into the limelight again. Having a quiet time in Hibernia has left him short of things to say, so he conjured this plot to get himself noticed again.

And if not.... stop bloody bumping the thread G, ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread