Troll in Albion [Conclusion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

[Cerebus]

Well......

gary.glitter.jpg

hmmmmm?????

Do ya wanna be in my gang, my gang, my gang?

J

Jenkz

Originally posted by kr0n
Official? Please...

#daoc.prydwen is as official as an IRC channel for prydwen could be. 300-400 people arnt going to up and leave to start a new one just because you are an operator there. Kemor joins #daoc.prydwen to give announcements etc. its about as official as it can be kr0n.

My point was having a self confessed criminal who broke the law using IRC as a means of breaking the law as an operator in the "official" prydwen IRC channel is ironic. Whats to stop you doing it to anyone in there again? I know i wouldnt trust you with any file you may attempt to send me over IRC.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

That's why I stopped logging on to #daoc.prydwen a short while before Brannor's account was hacked by dodgy, little pr0n.

Gee... premonition?

W

<Wels>

So shall i just sell these stones to the people overseas, I heard they are always open for good quality stones, they need them on the VNBoards?

C

Coren

Originally posted by Generic Poster
Coren! No wonder you're confused, you've been misquoting Turamber all along!
Didn't I mention something about dealing with issues by labelling them as anti-sotl, and helping you to understand it?

Anyway, I'm getting tired now but I'll do this one last time... only because it's you. ;)

No shit.

After twisting his words to suit yourself , it's no wonder they take on a different tone. Looking at the original quote above, you will notice Turamber was infact complementing sotl by saying it's a guild which the 'leet' players want to join. As you yourself have observed, there is no difinitive description for the word 'leet', however it's derived from the word Elite(or so I'm told). One can assume he meant the hardcore/powerlevellers, and among such players, you will find assholes as standard.

So serious gamers and freaks of nature alike, want to be part of sotl. This is down to it's reputation, as pointed out by Turamber, which equates to a compliment, not a flame.

Well done, you were able to find 1 thing I might've quoted the wrong way! But then again, was I trying to 'find' things to flame Turamber with or was I replying to the things that were anti-sotl in my eyes? Please tell me how I twisted his words on the other quotes? And good for you that you see 'leet' as such a positive thing, because I certainly don't.

You are right, there were people in the 'Jamza' thread who said they would leave if he didn't, but there were also those who said they would leave with him. I'm only interested in the latter, the former showed loyalty to their guild and should not be involved here.

I somehow doubt you had access to our private forums where everything was discussed back then. Starting to get quite curious about who those people that said they'd leave with him are. Feel free to send some private message with their names, because I wasn't able to find any of those posts.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by &lt;Wels&gt;
So shall i just sell these stones to the people overseas, I heard they are always open for good quality stones, they need them on the VNBoards?

In other words: stop flaming pr0n for being an egotestical tosser?

Oh yes, we are so more refined than all them flamers on the VN boards.

Pfft... *cackles*

T

Turamber

Originally posted by Coren
Please tell me how I twisted his words on the other quotes? And good for you that you see 'leet' as such a positive thing, because I certainly don't.

Coren, my post was not intended anti-sotl. I am not anti-sotl, I have friends in your guild and I recognise a lot of good things they have done for Albion. You have some muppets in the guild, but then so does every other guild.

My apologies for using the word 'leet', I am not very sassy with the street talk - apparently I used the wrong word.

If Gideon returned to play DAOC, say because of the Isles expansion, could anyone imagine him being in any other guild than SOTL? Indeed not. That simple fact means he deserves more respect than is being given him by some (not all!) of the posters on this thread.

And what does this have to do with me? I play in the same realm on the same server, the comments are in a thread on a public forum which invite reply and comment.

By all means disagree with me, discount what I have to say even, but please don't read things into my posts that are not there.

In any event this is a huge sidetrack from the real issue here: the criminal activity of a member of the BW forum and DAOC gaming community. And the fact that GOA still allow that person to play the game whilst Brannor has a mark on his account. It's so wrong it's almost parody.

C

Coren

No harsh feelings Turamber, and it got nothing to do with you anymore. :p

G

Generic Poster

Coren, if you care to read my post above, you will see I tried to make it as clear as possible. You did misquote Turamber, by taking a series of his words and making your own little paragraph, where the original meaning of his posts were twisted to suit you.

If you want to pursue the matter further, please ask Turamber for an explanation. I have neither the time, nor inclination to re-write everything above, just so you can understand it.

I don't know what's happend to the old sotl forums, but if it is archieved, you will find everything I have said to be true. If you insist on proof, Lochy has confirmed what I have said.

As for the word 'leet', that's a whole new topic in itself. Ultimately, it's net-slang and as such, has no true meaning and can be used in many way, positive and negative. But I'll tell you this for sure, when Turamber mentioned sotl attracting all the leet players, he meant it as a complement to the guilds success. If you're too blind to see this, then refer to my suspicion of you translating everything as anti-sotl if you fail to understand it.

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Jenkz

#daoc.prydwen is as official as an IRC channel for prydwen could be. 300-400 people arnt going to up and leave to start a new one just because you are an operator there. Kemor joins #daoc.prydwen to give announcements etc. its about as official as it can be kr0n.

The owner of the channel could kick/ban everyone if they pleased, GOA have zero control over it.

If you want kr0n out of the channel, talk with the quakenet team, its against the rules to use the medium as an aid to hacking.

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Jenkz

My point was having a self confessed criminal who broke the law using IRC as a means of breaking the law as an operator in the "official" prydwen IRC channel is ironic. Whats to stop you doing it to anyone in there again? I know i wouldnt trust you with any file you may attempt to send me over IRC.

First of all, I havent send any infected files to anyone. Not that Im aware of at least. Certanly Brannor isnt THAT stupid, no.

What prevents from me shitting to a cup and throwing it to my moms face? Nothing.

You obviously dont know my reasons for this, nor you want to. And I aint gonna explain them to ya. Would deop prevent me from doing it again? No. Would banning me do the very same trick? No, no ban can hold a person off the channel. If he really wants to come there.

And no, #daoc.prydwen certanly isnt even NEAR official channel. Kemor only visits there during patchdays, mainly to ask if anyone has any problems, since the channel is one of the biggest DAoC channels around.

Cut the bullshit already.

G

Generic Poster

Originally posted by kr0n
What prevents from me shitting to a cup and throwing it to my moms face? Nothing.

I'd hope it was your sense of morals and decent upbringing :p

J

Jenkz

i just find it ironic that someone who had their prydwen account blocked by GOA for gaining unauthroised access to someones account using IRC as the medium for aquiring the IP (or whatever else) is an operator on the prydwen channel.

meatballs i know GOA have no control over it, i never said they did. i said its "official" in the terms its, as kr0n says, one of the largest daoc channels on quakenet, and having a self confessed "script kiddie" as an operator there is ironic.

layl i can understand some of the reasons why, and i can pretty much guess you wouldnt do it to any random person. never the less you still did it, thats a pretty big black mark against your name, a name which is running #daoc.prydwen

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Hmm... I remember the guy whoe created(?)/runs(?) #daoc.prydwen saying something along the lines of: if you send harmful files/hack through #daoc.prydwen, you are banned forever.

Is pr0n still an op there, I wonder?

G

Greyheed

not that I play anymore and simply dont respect kr0n one bit I thought I'd post his original confession from the sotl boards.... glad I keep important things cached... any way here you go. (sorry to anyone that thinks I shouldnt post this but well... I feel I should )

This discussion is over, the suspension stands.

Tata.

So, whats done is done, gotto realise that. Just threw away 6 months and 200e.

Own fault ofc, I dont wanna hear any lectures bout anything, I know what Ive done, I know why and I do know they are against the rules.

Gonna be straight with you guys... Think what you think, this is what happened.

Yes, It was me who took Brannor's account for a brief moment.

I was discussing with someone about trojans and overall concept of "hacking". I used to play around with those kids tools a while back. Started up a Scanner and saw Brannor was on IRC, and since I despise his guts, I scanned him... (Un)Luckily he had firewall down and he got Shares enabled, and a directory called Games shared. Surfed around those files, checked few screenshots he took (mostly for reporting people, was a laugh reading at what Brannor said). Finally I found 2 little files, with account details for both accounts.

Tried to log in with em and it worked. Thought what I could do with them I decided I didnt want to do permanent damage to Brannor, Im not that ewul. Since he's clean taking Glauthrong to Alb side would be a nice payback/prank. It was never supposed to be a public thread, thats one of the reason I was prolly fucked up. So I did it yes. Would do it differently next time tho...

This is... sort of good for me. Im 17, I go to school, I (still) have friends etc. I have a life to live. DAoC has been way too addictive for my little mind. I got cought to it from Day 1. I dont want to admit this but I've fucked up many things in IRL just to be online and play DAoC. So perhaps this is only for the good.

This Brannor thing made them investigate my actions a bit more.
They somehow got the idea I spied on Mid... Which I did not do. I've logged in 4 times to Pryd/Mid account. 3 times to Brannor (checked first time if the Pass worked, 2nd time to check if the new changed password worked and 3rd the last time) and once it was Delkets friend account, was venturing in Mid for fun.

So, this is the story. I wont buy a new account thats for sure. I cba to waste money for exping again for a soon-to-be dead server.

This info will never reach public boards, GOA wont tell Brannor who it was (but surely he has guessed it), so I wont bring the Guild in shame (except for what Ive said on boards already ).

I'll be active outside the game for a while, might even get another account to tamper on since Im outta GOAs records... But I wont be coming back with Layl/Layls anymore... Shame tho... Was really starting to enjoy Layls.

If you dont want to see me again in #sotl, boards I respect that.

funny thing his the little muppet says he wont buy another account in this confession.... and there he is still playing... ah well

cya all.... nice knowing you. Consider this my parting gift.

I

ImLestat

Would do it differently next time tho...

And he doesn't even have enough remorse to say he don't want to do it again, he just says he would do it differently. Bah......

E

Euthanasia.

Originally posted by Lochlyessa

Tbh, imo anyone who gives out their IP address without having sufficient protection is kinda stupid anyway, and prolly deserves to be hacked :(

remember to always wear a condom while giving out your ip adress :m00:

L

liste

To all those who goes to PvP.

You'll have Layl the pluncker to accompany you

Good luck :p

W

<Wels>

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)

In other words: stop flaming pr0n for being an egotestical tosser?

Oh yes, we are so more refined than all them flamers on the VN boards.

Pfft... *cackles*

Eh no, your forum mind is working overtime now I was just wondering if there would be a public stoning or not? :p

EDIT: I just realised this might be it, <starts throwing stones into the middle of the crowd>

F

Fightersuntzu

<gets the hint and starts throwing chicken into the crowd>

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by &lt;Wels&gt;

Eh no, your forum mind is working overtime now I was just wondering if there would be a public stoning or not? :p

EDIT: I just realised this might be it, <starts throwing stones into the middle of the crowd>

Oh... oops.

*catches one of the stones and throws it back at Wels*

My bad.;)

C

cHodAX

feel free but you must flame, that is a requirement of this thread :p

G

ghoul

Originally posted by liste
To all those who goes to PvP.

You'll have Layl the pluncker to accompany you

Good luck :p

Rather have Layl there than you, dickwad.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by ghoul

Rather have Layl there than you, dickwad.

Oh! Profanities!! Thanks for starting it, shitkicker.

B

Brannor McThife

Um, can I ask that this gets locked? It's concluded, finished. Let it die and sink down into oblivion.

-G

D

Damon_D

WHY the F .. hassent this thread been locked/deleted yet ??? are the mod's on vacation ??? There is not a singel reasonable post past page 2 or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread