Transport Tycoon

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Fenderon said:
I had a 8hour straight multiplayer game with 3 others the other day :p

I'm an addict :(

I'm yet to try the multiplayer function on it ..

I actually remember playing the original version and thinking how cool it would be to play it with/against other people ...

It's a sad day when you realise one of your unreachable dreams comes true and it involves playing a (10+ year old) game over the interweb with people you have never and will never meet.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
I play with people I know (or that they again know).. never tried any of the public servers.. (but I hear you should password protect your company..).

anyway.. the game is still great :D .. and with the added functions.. the improved signals.. etc etc.. it's ... great!

delay

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
Now thats a game I've been trying to get hold of to play it again but can't seem to find it anywhere :/

do a quick search for "monkey island abandonware" on google, should find it there

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Some other old School games people might remember-

Kings Bounty (the Game that spawned the HoMM series)
Syndicate (kickass game, wars was okay too, best intro ever)
Sam and Max (one of the best games ever :p)
Hand of Fate (used to love that game, one of the first PC games i baught)
Pirates (they remade it but the original is still sweet)
Moonstone
Ultima 7 (i also liked Ultima 8, but this one takes the spot)

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
I bet no-one knows this but I spend sooo much time on it:

Colonization

It's a lot like Civ (it's a Sid Meier game as well) but it's just different enough to be a game on it's own.

Fenderon

Can't get enough of FH
I played colonization alot too :)

I even remember where to click to get 4 player hot-seat.. :(

colonization was great.. wish they made a "new" version of it using civ2 as a reference. Games like that dont need all that 3D crap :)

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Before when I had a life and some time over I used to play TTDX and I also played the new patched versions with mammoth trains etc.

I also enjoyed Colonization alot, it was great even though it never came up to the level of Transport Tycoon.

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
I played Colonization alot too :), I can still remember one night i was 6 orso, and we were watching jurasic park, but I got so scared that I asked my mum if it was ok to play Colonization instead of watching the movie :p

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
i loved settlers 2. had the same question. why isn't my army bigger :p. until i figured out.

transport tycoon i also played alot. i got the problem with that the towns would let me build any more there. was fun messing up the opponents transport by starting road rebuilds in town.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Most of my best memories are also mostly the first games I've played of that type (kinda like ur first gf, ur first sex experience etc etc ;)):

First game ever: "Excalibar" (yes, was in fact called that, lol) on C64 - some 18-19 years ago... My god times fly by when having fun! :p
First and best scary game ever: "Friday 13th" on C64 - The sound still gives me the chills...
First RTS game: "Dune - The Battle for Arrakis" on Amiga 500 (was actually called "Dune - The Building of a Dynasty" on PC)
Best RTS game: "Age of Empires" on PC
First TBS game: "Civilization" on Amiga 500
Best TBS game: "Civilization" on PC
First and best shoot-em-up game ever: "Who Dares Wins II" on C64
First RPG: [Forgot] :( Was the first one in the series with "Curse of the Azure Bonds" & "Secrets of the Silver Blades" on C64
First (M)MORPG: Diablo
Best MMORPG: DAoC (yes, I must admit it...)

Hmm... Im quite sure I left out a few genres.. Im getting old... :)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Double Dragon 2 :>
C&C: Tiberian Sun, tho it ain't all THAT old, I suppose.
Sim City 2 was really nice, as they added some silly shit in the third part.
Sonic was nice for like, a little while :p
Need for Speed 2, tho rather easy, even for a 10 y/o xD
Marshmellow Duel was brilliant fun, one of the funniest fucking games ever, try it.
My all-time favourite would probably be Tyrian tho, as I used to play co-op with a mate, when I still had mates :d

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
GG, I just typed some 20-page post about my favourite game but lost it as I couldn't edit my last post anymore and it got whiped :(:(

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
GG, I just typed some 20-page post about my favourite game but lost it as I couldn't edit my last post anymore and it got whiped :(:(
salvation :p

Litmus

Resident Freddy
Total Annihilation ruled, not sure if it fits into the right genre for the topic tho ;o

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Meduza said:
First RPG: [Forgot] :( Was the first one in the series with "Curse of the Azure Bonds" & "Secrets of the Silver Blades" on C64

Treasures of the Savage frontier and gateway to the savage frontier I think were before those 2...I cant remember the first one in that series either >_<

SSI ftw!

/Dracus

Agell

One of Freddy's beloved
Has to be action biker on the old C64, coming a close second for me would be the Kickstart series! split screen racing!!!

Possibly as good as both of these would be Racing destruction set, if you forgot the insane loading times

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
So many flashbacks/memories! I know so many of these games, and now I'm going to get DosBox and play colonization :p

tookha

Fledgling Freddie
dorfs said:
Golden axe
Ooooo, that game owned! Bit easy, but still. :)

Think I'll have to go with Moonstone for Amiga as an absolute favorite. Think I've stated that a million times, though. 8)

blueman

Fledgling Freddie
My favorite game must be 1 of 2 games.

Civelication nr 1 the real old one.
or Dune 2, i have played thous games alot.

also there is 3 realy old games that is high on my list to but u guys mighn not know them.

Capten Caper, bobcat, and Larry, no collors on these games. used back in the days comandore 64 was still a high teck computer. thou these games was for pc not comandore. think it was before the x86 age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom