TRACEROUTE thread

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
glastonbury_daoc_woo.png

Kyra

Longtime Songbird
Not too bad, only 16 hops and I connect from the NW US. Hell, I think my connect to the Blizzard CST servers has more hops.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
From just now, horrible many long lag spikes ingame, like 2-6 seconds.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
imo its silly you guys have to do pingplots but nevermind :|

Ashala

One of Freddy's beloved
i really dont see why traceroute should be nessecary, since they can just check in there log or something, when 25%-50% of the server went LD at the same time over and over again :p

especially last night the 14/2 :( was really bad

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Ashala said:
i really dont see why traceroute should be nessecary, since they can just check in there log or something

Seriously. Where do you people come from? do they have a factory somewhere that breeds "people who refuse to read" somewhere?

It has been explained about 1793 times on these very boards why GOA need us to send them Pingplots ...

My Pingplots are Rightnowed!

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Ping plotter

yeah thats all very nice and all but its really sad this situation:

network problems afecting several ppl with different ISPs isnt a custumer problem but GOA´s problem, i couldnt tell this cause Tilda or whatever his name is closed the thread.( besides its been proven to be wannado´s portals several times)

Its really sad and almost feel sorry for a company that needs customers to send plots to find out what is the problem

and third and most important..do they even care?? cause its been what...? 1 year and these situations still occur? i dont see any of this happen so frequently on US server or any other multiplayer games...and i played GW,EQ2,MO,WOW.

So yeah im not sending plots anymore cause i need the problem resolved before they happen and not 1-2 days after it occurs.

And responding to the large image Tilda sent to the ppl with eyesight problems yes its feckinghardtosendplotscauseihavemoreimportantthingstodo

best Regards
Kinetic

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
I've been LD'ing atleast 2-3 times each hour yesterday and today... how long will this go on?

f8d.jpg

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:

network problems afecting several ppl with different ISPs isnt a custumer problem but GOA´s problem, i couldnt tell this cause Tilda or whatever his name is closed the thread.( besides its been proven to be wannado´s portals several times)

Its really sad and almost feel sorry for a company that needs customers to send plots to find out what is the problem

and third and most important..do they even care?? cause its been what...? 1 year and these situations still occur? i dont see any of this happen so frequently on US server or any other multiplayer games...and i played GW,EQ2,MO,WOW.

So yeah im not sending plots anymore cause i need the problem resolved before they happen and not 1-2 days after it occurs.

And responding to the large image Tilda sent to the ppl with eyesight problems yes its feckinghardtosendplotscauseihavemoreimportantthingstodo

best Regards
Kinetic

You're an idiot.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Kinetix said:

best Regards
Kinetic

I got a problem with my connection at the moment.. have done for 2months... my ISP says "nothing wrong with it, prove otherwise" I provide pingplots that show shit load of packet loss between 16:00 and 00:01 and latency during that time... They come back with "Not our problem", and when asked if they do anything get back "Well no, BT fault for sure (I know it isnt fully BT fault), speak to them yourself (they tell me ISP got to speak to them), go back to ISP and ask what going on and just get told "Not our fault as said, BT will upgrade when they can be bothered and we giving you no moring information.

So tell me, how do you expect GoA to fix a problem they cant see or have direct control over? They need evidence that we provide.. and the more evidence we give them the more chance of a fix... maybe not get a perminant fix but they normal manage to get a temporary fix to the problem which lasts 3-12months... rather help get that then to just do nothing..

Oh, and how comes you have no time to send a pingplot but you got time to come here and whine like a little bitch?

Urgat

Part of the furniture
grr

Tracing route to glastonbury.daoc.woo (82.101.8.46):
Hop
# Avg
ms Loss
% Graph Address
1 48 84.13.0.1
2 41 62.24.198.35 (lg-100-83-rtr002.man.opaltelecom.net)
3 47 62.24.254.177 (gig-6-1-rtr001.man.opaltelecom.net)
4 50 62.24.254.241 (gig-0-0-4009-rtr001.hex.opaltelecom.net)
5 46 10 195.66.226.185
6 58 130.117.1.122 (p6-0.core01.par01.atlas.cogentco.com)
7 57 130.117.0.114 (p3-0.core01.par04.atlas.cogentco.com)
8 58 82.138.72.66
9 61 217.66.112.34 (at-010.Jun-2.Th2.b3g-telecom.com)
10 60 20 217.66.119.17 (Hosting-CMS.TH2.b3g-telecom.com)
11 * 100 0.0.0.0
12 * 100 0.0.0.0
13 * 100 0.0.0.0
14 * 100 Unable to reach 82.101.8.46 (glastonbury.daoc.woo)

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
OT-lag:

Green: normal state, 50ms average
Pink: OT lag thats been present the last week, specially primetime (see figure), routing changes this morning at 6am made the average latency to ENG cluster 119ms average. Hope any of the GMs can make the OT techies look into this ;)

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Prudil said:
OT-lag:

Green: normal state, 50ms average
Pink: OT lag thats been present the last week, specially primetime (see figure), routing changes this morning at 6am made the average latency to ENG cluster 119ms average. Hope any of the GMs can make the OT techies look into this ;)

FYI: those 3 100% packet loss on your graph are from gateways that don't resopond to ICMP pings.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
[GOA]Erivoss said:
FYI: those 3 100% packet loss on your graph are from gateways that don't resopond to ICMP pings.

I was refering to the jump in latency between #11 and #15, from 39ms to 118ms. Wich is 100% more than "normal" and caused after entering the OT network.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Today the latency problem seems to have been fixed but replaced with loads of packetloss:

193.252.123.33_2.jpg

Green: Latency fixed about 2am this morning
Pink: 10-60% packetloss in #13 to #16 and afaik #15 and #16 are GOA equipment (with same IP :p ).

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
wodzie said:

and after the 10 min.

so much joy..

Same problem this morning. Avg ping to excal was 1.2seconds (note that I don't mean ms but seconds....) After a total break down of like 15-20min around 0815CET-0830CET ping went back to normal.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
Somthings gone a bit wrong from 3:40 onwards this afternoon (i wasnt playing but ping plotter was running) its now incredibly intermittant to glast

somthingsup2hk.jpg

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
See attached images

Attachments

• lag1.jpg
    lag1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 15
  • lag2.jpg
    lag2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 14
  • lag3.jpg
    lag3.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 15
C

chikara

Really ... it's beyond a joke now
Time stamp: 13th March, 20:10 GMT

andagain6xc.jpg

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
chikara said:

andagain6xc.jpg
That's a perfectly healthy pingplot, no problems at all in that one and a very low average ping.

The one that Wodzie posted does show an issue that we can pass on but the trace length is too short to draw definite conclusions from, these plots need to be at least ten minutes long otherwise they don't really help.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
chikara said:

andagain6xc.jpg

What´s wrong with that pingplot? average ping of 46 is bad now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom