Galid said:
Active ones

Hibernia:

Champion:Shako
Warden:scourger

Midgard

Savage:marrro

Does these solo? Never seen that :)

Thread says soloers which is why im wondering ;)

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Wiliam the scout is mentioned in the thread about "Toughest meleer solo"

Highly amazing reading about all these "solo" people around.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
GrivneKelmorian said:
3 names for you: Waylander, Sinister, Rowena. ;)

I've never played with or against them - only started to become active in rvr with the arrival of NF ;) So my opinions are purely based on NF. :)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Gotmagi said:
My norse babe will have close to that :p
Lies! I'm going with aug str,dex,qui 3 as well as MoM3 in 1.84. Beat that!

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Too bad I erased my screenshots just today after noticing more then 1000 ss's makes DAOC not take the SS properly, but the 700 Shadows rain on ur ass made me laugh.

Come out more on your hunter, even you should get bored with WL by now :wanker:

Just cut them in a new map, did the same thing working like a charm again.

Oh, and my thane doesn't nuke! :fluffle:

illu

Part of the furniture
Updating my list :p

Albion:

Scout: Dafft
Minstrel: High RR war ones are evil / Alpha
Infiltrator: Phibe / Arauddry / ZEFS
Armsman: Kagato
Mercenary: All evil
Paladin: Theodon (nice hard fight tonight)
Reaver: Xry (always close fights)
Friar:
Heretic:

Hibernia:

Blademaster: Nightsend (I'll get you soon!)
Champion:
Hero: Sacre
Ranger: Habemus/Touzii/Galid
Nightshade: Faiotan (Won my first fight in like 100 last night :p)/Lick/Renna/TEMPLES
Warden:
Valewalker:
Vampiir: Bliizard

A bit of a crap night tonight. The boat journey to DC is starting to bore the pants off me when I get steamrolled in about half the fights I have (it's the same for everyone though :(). It takes about 7+ mins to get back if you're really quick after a death, so you spend half the evening on a poxy boat.

Most fights were pretty good, but when you come across Rangers that duo (high RR + medium RR) the outcome is pretty much guaranteed, since melee rangers when they solo are hard enough.
I can see why people zerg, it's the only way to make any RP.

Trying to kill Zefs the Infil and Temples the NS is nigh on impossible - am I the only one having problems? No matter what I did against them, I would lose easily. It would be interesting to know how they are specced and what RAs they have. I was a little unlucky a couple of times, purge was down in one fight and I didn't put remedy up in most of the fights, or I would SL and still miss my PA or Backstab from walking on a poisonspike :/

I don't really want to go back to CS spec as I found it awkward, but my LA spec isn't that great at the moment either. Maybe it's time to make a new template and try some different tactics.

Oli - Illu

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Come to HW instead :) just don't hang to close to the bridge where all the campers are. Personally I run from the bridge to further down the western coast then around that area, checking in water occasionally.

Havent bothered with DC in ages, its a waste of time, even odins is better then that.

I miss the bold area roamers.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
Come to HW instead :) just don't hang to close to the bridge where all the campers are. Personally I run from the bridge to further down the western coast then around that area, checking in water occasionally.

Havent bothered with DC in ages, its a waste of time, even odins is better then that.

I miss the bold area roamers.

Just lure the lowbie rogsters out to xp and I'll be back :)

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
No more chicken then someone that only fights unbuffed enemies with grapple/twf spam :) Arwenmyr has stuck with his class from the begining and proven to be the best at it.

1) i rarely use twf when 1vs1
2) even more rarely grapple (i got slam for this)
3) unbuffed? who was that?
4) i stucked with warden from start as well and what ur point?
5) the most important Arwenmyr has been seen by me only once solo, rest of time its usually duo+++ with Horner or some others (and never goes into melee as well he/she plays like caster so dont count as meleer...as melee means u got to put ur weapon out if im not mistaken)

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Spetsnaz said:
5) the most important Arwenmyr has been seen by me only once solo, rest of time its usually duo+++ with Horner or some others (and never goes into melee as well he/she plays like caster so dont count as meleer...as melee means u got to put ur weapon out if im not mistaken)

Tbh spets has been playing that warden a lot longer than the tic class has existed :>

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
illu said:
Trying to kill Zefs the Infil and Temples the NS is nigh on impossible - am I the only one having problems? No matter what I did against them, I would lose easily. It would be interesting to know how they are specced and what RAs they have. I was a little unlucky a couple of times, purge was down in one fight and I didn't put remedy up in most of the fights, or I would SL and still miss my PA or Backstab from walking on a poisonspike :/

sorry bout the dotmine when u SLd me there, was afking alil and doing other things on side, usually put down a mine so i avoid a PA or BS2 in the face/butt. But nono, Im deffo not unkillable for SBs, I lost one outta 3 to Fey today which is cool since hes on the right track vs me at least, Im normally just wellprepared and seek my fights when I'm ready for them, all there is to it. Catch me on my guard and you are in for a rough ride, catch me offguard and ill fall like timber lol (just like anyone else). HighAFtemplate, solid resists with no hole to worry about and my specc now since I dinged today is 33st, 34blades, 50cs, 30env and 29CD. I had similar setup all rr6 just that CD was lower. Zefs I dunno, I think there are better ones out there, he isnt particularly hard in any way imo. Phibe is a better player, so is shatter and also Infilly. Shatter probably the better of those but he rarely plays :< The king is still probably BC if he got his butt out there sometimes!

My suggestion mate is, talk to Fey, and check how hes specced etc, hes one rough SB to deal with. But, so are you and I thank you since I take what you say as a compliment. :fluffle:

ps: also, dont forget relicsituation, alb have easymode atm, that does a tremendous lot on stealtherbalance. I find some fights hard now that should be real easy just because of the relic. 10% is 10%, its alot.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Spetsnaz said:

By unbuffed I meant shear style spamming, I really didn't think i'd have to spell that one out :rolleyes:

As for sticking with the class from begining, that referance had nothing to do with you at all, and was directed at Arwenmyr, whom the paragraph was about and who is still playing when most have tried the class, got bored and moved on.

And lastly, I did not make up the class list, the original thread starter did, if you don't like that choice, take it up with him, not me. Personally, im not bothered by their inclusion.

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato ppl talking about solo melee classes plz cheak this out:

Ploppi said:
Why not make 1 more of theese pointless threads :)

So who's the Toughest solo meleer of every class out there.. that plays today.

I would prefer ppl who solo, more fun that way but u r free to choose another 1.

1) the person i mentioned aint solo at least not on my book (ok there is option for not solo as well but anyway...)

2) i have seens Tics going into melee and this one never does so doesnt count

3) as about buffshearing i rearly use that (exept the FG situations) as well (i was mostly throwing dex/quik debuff ml9 style and rest essenceflames when i was soloing at the begging of the fight u can cheak this in my video as well)

4) it seems u think in order to win I TWF+grapple and buffshear, i think u need to go get a clue ...

5) nevermind i wont bother anymore with this

illu

Part of the furniture
Shike said:
sorry bout the dotmine when u SLd me there, was afking alil and doing other things on side, usually put down a mine so i avoid a PA or BS2 in the face/butt. But nono, Im deffo not unkillable for SBs, I lost one outta 3 to Fey today which is cool since hes on the right track vs me at least, Im normally just wellprepared and seek my fights when I'm ready for them, all there is to it. Catch me on my guard and you are in for a rough ride, catch me offguard and ill fall like timber lol (just like anyone else). HighAFtemplate, solid resists with no hole to worry about and my specc now since I dinged today is 33st, 34blades, 50cs, 30env and 29CD. I had similar setup all rr6 just that CD was lower. Zefs I dunno, I think there are better ones out there, he isnt particularly hard in any way imo. Phibe is a better player, so is shatter and also Infilly. Shatter probably the better of those but he rarely plays :< The king is still probably BC if he got his butt out there sometimes!

My suggestion mate is, talk to Fey, and check how hes specced etc, hes one rough SB to deal with. But, so are you and I thank you since I take what you say as a compliment. :fluffle:

ps: also, dont forget relicsituation, alb have easymode atm, that does a tremendous lot on stealtherbalance. I find some fights hard now that should be real easy just because of the relic. 10% is 10%, its alot.

Thanks for the info bud, and don't be sorry about the poisonspike - it was a good tactic! :> I played a bit sloppy, Faiotan would probably have done a decoy to check for poisonspikes, I kind of took it for granted that it would be an easy kill on a stealthed sitting target, how wrong I was :p

I don't think that I have used my full arsenal on a stealther before (actually I think Faiotan got most of it - but you need to! :>), I usually save it for someone like Nightsend or Theodon (and they still win :p), but I think I'll have to learn to use Remedy more, and play better. Maybe try CS styles until hammy/leaper lands and then switch to LA styles.

Always room for improvement! :)

Oli - Illu

pip

Banned
Yep if you not playing op class imo you need to team as a rouge:( or trio

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
pip said:
Yep if you not playing op class imo you need to team as a rouge:( or trio
as playing a VW im totally shure if you know your class,have a good template and specc nearly everyone can do good as soloing.

Saje

Loyal Freddie
Kagato said:
By unbuffed I meant shear style spamming, I really didn't think i'd have to spell that one out :rolleyes:

As for sticking with the class from begining, that referance had nothing to do with you at all, and was directed at Arwenmyr, whom the paragraph was about and who is still playing when most have tried the class, got bored and moved on.

And lastly, I did not make up the class list, the original thread starter did, if you don't like that choice, take it up with him, not me. Personally, im not bothered by their inclusion.

well how can u whine about ppl using their abilitys ? :eek:
it would be the same as saying dont use Warguard+Battler... would've been fun to watch ur vid without that..

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
Congax said:
Yeah, Belx was and always will be the most rox hunter imo :D <3 for him.
Last I heard he was meddling around on classic.

i talked to him he quit classic shortly after he started with the rest of the guild that was months ago

he said he got abit tired of playing his hunter and only hosts the weekly ML10 raid on sundays now other than that he doesn't log in

Everz

FH is my second home
Saje said:
it would be the same as saying dont use Warguard+Battler... would've been fun to watch ur vid without that..

he's kagato, hes the divine one thus he can..

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Darkmack said:
i talked to him he quit classic shortly after he started with the rest of the guild that was months ago

he said he got abit tired of playing his hunter and only hosts the weekly ML10 raid on sundays now other than that he doesn't log in

Say hi to him from me.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:
he's kagato, hes the divine one thus he can..

Thats chosen one, thankyou.

Saje said:

Firstly, nearly everyone can use battler, im not stopping you, and personally I only ever use battler if a) someone uses it on me first b) im out numbered.
You wont find many people who give even that curtesy so you can hardly criticise.

As for buffshear spamming, its up to you if you do it, but I was pointing out that its a bit rich to call someone else a chicken for using their abilities when they themselves are spamming buffshears to fight people buffless which is far more lame. Personally if I know a warden is that sort of person I wouldn't waste my time on them regardless, but each to their own. I'd rather fight a heretic any day.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:
Thats chosen one, thankyou.

Firstly, nearly everyone can use battler, im not stopping you, and personally I only ever use battler if a) someone uses it on me first b) im out numbered.
You wont find many people who give even that curtesy so you can hardly criticise.

As for buffshear spamming, its up to you if you do it, but I was pointing out that its a bit rich to call someone else a chicken for using their abilities when they themselves are spamming buffshears to fight people buffless which is far more lame. Personally if I know a warden is that sort of person I wouldn't waste my time on them regardless, but each to their own. I'd rather fight a heretic any day.

So if buffshears are soooooooooooooooooo LAME!

I take it your well aware tics can buff reactive buffshears right?

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Sorry to butt in but Katago (also Theodon) are in my eyes the most respected soloer's out there today by the "solo" community. They dont spam all abilities unless needed too on an equally tough opponent. Ive seen lamer stuff than people using warguard and battler or buff stripping, ie inf's not attacking but emoting you for 20 mins then only attack when you are under 50% hp or already being attacked. There are nice solo idea's but no rules its just down to what you play for, the fun or RP's. Some make 120k + rp a night im lucky to make 50k a month, but i still have fun when i do get a good fight unhindered. If you ever played in Gahns's solo group you would have found the most nicest players in daoc who arent all rp horny or selfish.

Saje

Loyal Freddie
Kagato said:

Well as a warden im struggling alot with my weaponskill, i have 12xx weapon skill atm and doubt i will get much more. When meeting a rr5+ tank with abit defensive spec my only chance to get a single hit in is to shear some of their buffs. I choose to play like this like it or not. I like to find solo fights, and as wardens most fights go all the way. and its not like u dont have a chance if i shear some of ur buffs, i remember last time i fought u i still had to use IP2!

censi

Can't get enough of FH
gotta love all this I never battler first bollacks.

its like birds denying they fart.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Solari said:
So if buffshears are soooooooooooooooooo LAME!

I take it your well aware tics can buff reactive buffshears right?

Tics have 5% chance to buff shear if the proc goes off lol, thats hardly comparable and I never said anywhere that this was not lame either.

censi said:
gotta love all this I never battler first bollacks.

its like birds denying they fart.

lol what the fuck is up with you these days, did I step on your toes or something whilst stealthed?, your acting like a little flea trying to get a bite in all the time and you used to be nice.:fluffle:

As for the battler first, a) how would you know? b) prove me wrong. Its a code I have tried to stick by from the begining, I only use battler if somebody uses it on me first, its the very reason I got it, so I could counter the charge,. The only other times i will use it is if facing greater odds like a stealth zerg or something similer. Rest of the time i'll only stick to my own abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom