News Tottenham riots

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Take the pepper spray incident today, we all know that pepper spray is potentially unsafe for a small portion of people, yet we have a police force who aren't armed and no one bats an eyelid when they get hurt doing their jobs. Yet if they hurt a suspected criminal there is hell to pay.

We are lucky we don't have a fully armed police force in this country, so we should be careful to not remove the non lethal tools they can use instead.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Take the pepper spray incident today, we all know that pepper spray is potentially unsafe for a small portion of people, yet we have a police force who aren't armed and no one bats an eyelid when they get hurt doing their jobs. Yet if they hurt a suspected criminal there is hell to pay.

We are lucky we don't have a fully armed police force in this country, so we should be careful to not remove the non lethal tools they can use instead.

Agree with your sentiments mate, though I do think arming the police is long overdue.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Agree with your sentiments mate, though I do think arming the police is long overdue.

Based on what? I dont think the average copper should carry. It just escalates things. There's already a decent sized armed force that can roll out to most of the country pretty quick so I dont see a need.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
You dont, I do. Cba with yet another debate that will solve nothing, lets just leave it at that.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Throd; an armed police is not a deterrent it only causes more violence.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Tell that to this bloke :(

shooting_1675096c.jpg

This is just an example, but when that bloke was shooting people in Cumbria from his car a policecar was following him, but had to turn away as it wasn't armed. More people died, I would say pretty much directly as a consequence of that.

Just about every police force in the world is armed except ours.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes, and so because of isolated incidents we should arm our force? No.

You arm the police and then criminals will arm themselves accordingly to avoid capture. So suddenly you have criminals that wouldn't be armed before armed. It's utterly pointless.

Gray

FH is my second home

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fuck the daily mail, newspapers like that need to go out of business fast.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Given the choice between pepper spray, and twatting someone around the head with a lump of wood, I'll take the former.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yes, they are, and you'll end up with criminals that weren't armed previously suddenly using more weapons.

I'd rather not live in that country.

Also I still cannot get over how shit that mail article is. Half the article of sensationalist accounts from "eye witnesses" and nothing about the family affected or what they said till the end.. Should lock the editor up for 4 years for incitement based on what they've just published.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
My god, I've seen some poor journalism in my time, but that Mail article really is atrocious.....

headline says arrested by Eleven officers in massive letters then in the first paragraph "up to eleven officers", so obviously a mail reporter was there to count. 1, 2, many, lots........the rest of its just hearsay and supposition as well, mainly based around "gossip" from the next door neighbour.

you'd almost think they were trying to stir up another riot, so they could have another few weeks of hand wringing about our broken society.

fucking rag of a paper should be banned.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tell that to this bloke :(

Good comeback :p

I'm guessing that as you've made no reference to the escalation in violence in response to gun-toting coppers you've conceded the point and will therefore be posting pictures of lots of dead people when the time finally comes eh?

;)

Just about every police force in the world is armed except ours.

Are you saying popularity of a decision makes it correct? What was the problem with Hitler in that case? I mean - he had popular support for what he was up to...

Corran

Part of the furniture
Come to glasgow area. Plenty of armed people here. You wont believe the amount of fraud cases I dropped at the council because the police told us to back off them. Hell when you phone the police to get information on someone and they tell you "erm, just so you know he is a suspected hitman for the local drug dealers" you kinda put that to the bottom of the to-do pile. lol.

All depends on area. Some areas should have armed police. Or even if they arent generally carrying weapons have them readily available (ie secured in the vehicle for real emergancies)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Come to glasgow area. Plenty of armed people here. You wont believe the amount of fraud cases I dropped at the council because the police told us to back off them. Hell when you phone the police to get information on someone and they tell you "erm, just so you know he is a suspected hitman for the local drug dealers" you kinda put that to the bottom of the to-do pile. lol.

Seems to be that we already know who's bad and yet the oh so brave coppers aren't actually doing that much about it...

...which is my experience of the dirty violent fuckers. :eek:

Cops go for low-hanging fruit.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
This all reminds me of the famous "arguing on the internet" phrase, and I wont persue it any further.

No-ones opinion was ever changed about anything on this forum, and no-one has ever conceeded a point regardless of right and wrong.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I stopped off for a wee @ McDonalds last week & got chatting to a bunch of policemen who were having a fag break on the grass. Nice enough fellas, but boy, were they young. They say thats a sign of getting old - when coppers appear young to you. Personally, I am more comfortable with the few highly trained armed fast response units we've currently got than having every copper armed with a gun. Can't speak for anywhere else, but in London, the armed police ain't slow at responding to a situation.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Most police I know do not want guns in this country. There is too much red tape involved in a shooting one armed officer I know says you practically have to get shot before you have a clean shoot. So officers would not want a gun and would rather have an ARV to handle all that mess.

And 11 officers is not a lot if the guy was ultra violent there are a lot of things they are not allowed to do to bring a guy down. Watch any police show arresting a drunk you get one that's strong enough and they need to be mob handed.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
If you've ever seen police arresting drunks you'll know its safer the more there are. Same with people who are being violent. They need to keep them pinned and under control, and that's not easy with just a couple of people.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Firstly you'll notice any country that has more legally held guns generally has higher gun crime. The idea it stops massacres as well is generally weak considering the various massacres in the US, even more interesting was that someone on another forum stated that when that Senator was shot in the US a number of the others killed/shot had permits for carrying a concealed weapon although I've no idea of the truth in what this person said.

As for the number of police involved in restraining a person, it is simply a case of controlling the situation and doing so in a safe way....normally.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Highest estimated cost of UK riots: £100m.
Tax Avoidance by Vodafone: £6 Billion.
Tax avoidance in 2010 by richest people in UK: £7 Billion.
Tax payers' bill for banking crisis: £131 Billion
Perspective: priceless

:p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Destruction of personal property, homes, victims of violence and losing personal businesses that people have struggled for years to build up are priceless, yeah.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Pathologist tells police YOU LIE!!!!!!!!!!

if the police officer then fired the shot that struck Mr Duggan in the chest, the track of the bullet would have to pass from the left to the right.
[lawyer asks pathologist]: "But in fact the chest wound is right to left?"
"Yes, that's right," answered Dr Poole.
[Lawyer]: "So the scenario can't be right? The officer fires to his left and the bullet hits Mr Duggan in the chest and it should go from left to right - but it went right to left. Therefore the scenario can't be right?"
"I agree," Dr Poole replied

Cop (probably, at least until the jury is in) murders black kid. Countrywide riots. Politicians say it's all our own fault...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom