Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
QQ the cheaters got banned,

omg i piety them

/sarecasm off

About time Mythic Goa do something about the hackers

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
These are people whose dicks are so tiny that they cheat in a video game. Fuck them. Fuck them right in the ear. Name and shame them in public so we can all see just who these pathetic little shitheads are.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
.. but 55 accounts permabanned for radar on the English servers in time for the weekend.

Let the drama begin.

I would've bought you a beer but by lack of time I can't come to paris, so have a rep!! :D

[EDIT]
I would've given you a rep but due to "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Requiel again." I guess I owe you a beer then ;)

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
well done

same program as on US active? according to Herald they banned 450 accounts in 1 weekend :clap:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
[NO]Subedai said:
so u basically mean most who get banned are random noobs :p
most? i'd say that ALL of em are, no matter if they are "famous" or not. dont give any of those fuckers credit when they dont deserve it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
brad said:
Any chance GoA could change their policy's to allow us to see the players who did do it?

that bit is explained on the herald why Mythic isnt doing it quite well...

to many avatars with the same name, and even tho they aint on the same server u can bet that any other toon with that name will get their reputation totally destroyed if that name were in any way asociated with cheating...

and i bet you wouldent like to have any of ur toons name up on a "confirmed cheater" page on the GOA site eh? :) even if u never played on that server alot of ppl would still think it was u :)

Mikisen

Fledgling Freddie
That it was "random people" you haven't heard much of makes me a bit disappointed.

When NF came out and lots of people got 2 weeks ban, I got so very disappointed at you for only catching 1% of the ones truly using it. Later on I got a bit happier - as many of the ones I knew were cheating finally got banned. Restored my faith a little bit. But just a little, because there's still people using both radar and speedhack.

I just hope the cheaters we STILL have on our servers, that use undetectable radars, will eventually get caught by other than logs of radars using sloppy coding. Or for mythic to really implement new ways to catch cheaters....

Say you need to have an anti-cheat program running in the background to play the game - one that check for known operations of third party programs. And in the user license you need to accept that this program runs, to play the game. To avoid cheaters complaining about privacy. How is it privacy related when you break an agreement?

Oh well... mixed feelings atm... I know for a fact that there's still a lot to do... but happy about that we got around 20? players less on excal cluster.

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
After checkin rvr action in glast, i start to remember other posts goa personel made about exca server, like :
server lag???? ffs use ping plotter n send the results!!!
Even if 155 players were banned in english servers, w/o knowin the char names, we can never even guess who these were in glast, cause there is no stats page.
Is there any way we can be sure that servers r radar proof?

This thread has turned into a gratz thread w/o content.
imo

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
partyanimal said:
After checkin rvr action in glast, i start to remember other posts goa personel made about exca server, like :
Even if 155 players were banned in english servers, w/o knowin the char names, we can never even guess who these were in glast, cause there is no stats page.

imo

There will always be cheats no matter how hard they work on finding and removing them.

Only thing they can do is trying to keep it to a minimum

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
partyanimal said:

imo
What has lag on the servers got to do with catching cheats?
Seeing as people seem to have found out who some of the banned players are and some have posted on the RvR board saying that they were banned, it looks as though it could possibly, just maybe, within reasonable doubt be true.

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Radar creates lagg >.<

Should be glad they have gone from Glastonbury !

Anyway should see less lagg now and who cares about seeing there names. If thats how you get your kicks then you need to get a life mega meight0rz.

Matmardigan

Part of the furniture
doesnt like threads like this 1.

it makes me curious which guys got banned.

Bigbrother

Fledgling Freddie
hmm

n1 goa ..

but what i dont get is : players know that GoA has these " cleanup" rounds
why do they still do it ? .. just sad that people have no brain , and when req.. said that some of these guys have a prev. history from cheating THAT should be bigenough clue for them to stop doing that .. jzzz how .. retarded can people be..:touch:

BaTDiE

One of Freddy's beloved
Requiel said:
.. but 55 accounts permabanned for radar on the English servers in time for the weekend.

Let the drama begin.

In DaoC USA 225 people got banned in Kilisbury cluster (Population 1,7k) but in Europe people are more honest and in a Cluster (EXC/PRYD) plus Classic Server of 2k people only 55 people got banned ?

No way.

D

Doom

BaTDiE said:
In DaoC USA 225 people got banned in Kilisbury cluster (Population 1,7k) but in Europe people are more honest and in a Cluster (EXC/PRYD) plus Classic Server of 2k people only 55 people got banned ?

No way.

actually i think its true. lamorak was just SICK in terms of adding/cliprange inc-lag and so on. excalibur has never ever been anywhere close to that.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Noticed at least on Hib group on cluster tonight running with a brehon bard. :worthy:

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
Jeriraa said:
Noticed at least on Hib group on cluster tonight running with a brehon bard. :worthy:

its something to think they run with radar, then they actually do. Many of u ppl acuse Random roleplayers for radar use , back in the days it was nolby pride. But in then end ur just abit unlucky , they find u etc and thats it. What goa are doing is good , must be for the first time in years

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:

If it was at the mid tower it was probably me with my bard Lindon, four years playing and finally managed to convince myself to play a support class.
So no its not a replacement for someone that has gone 'missing' its just me trying to get the hang of playing a bard (its not easy) and taking some friends out on the frontier to have fun.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Brehon Bards all over the place!!!

B0001XE0OS.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Clive_Dunn

Fledgling Freddie
Seems a little odd that is was mostly "randoms" that got caught, you've got to suspect that a few people saw that Mythic could detect some radar hacks in the US and quickly uninstalled their cheats before GOA had updated.

Perhaps Mythic and GOA could look to synchronise anti cheat stuff in future ?

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Clive_Dunn said:
Seems a little odd that is was mostly "randoms" that got caught, you've got to suspect that a few people saw that Mythic could detect some radar hacks in the US and quickly uninstalled their cheats before GOA had updated.

What evidence do you have that suggests that fixed group players use radar? Maybe only "randoms" use it because they need to, the fixed groups shouldn't have any need for radar really.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Clive_Dunn said:

not really most of the "names" that cheated have already been banned months ago, whats left at the rest of the long term / vocal / well know "names" that know its not worth losing 4 years over radar, its more to do with pride then elitism and rp whoring.

:m00:

Clive_Dunn

Fledgling Freddie
Naffets said:
What evidence do you have that suggests that fixed group players use radar? Maybe only "randoms" use it because they need to, the fixed groups shouldn't have any need for radar really.

No evidence at all, merely statistics. 450 people banned in the US, 55 people in the EU 3 weeks later on a higher population base. So you can either interpret it one of two ways - EU players cheat massively less than their US cousins, or giving people 3 weeks notice allowed some more dedicated cheats time to uninstall.

All I'm suggesting is that to maximise the efficiency of any anti cheat devices, that you really need to implement it worldwide at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom