Too late to make the news...

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Players from Camlann were banned too however the largest percentage were from the cluster and from Glastonbury.

Here's a random thing I noticed as I was sending out the goodbye notices:
I'd never heard of most of the players. There were a couple of 'names' but the vast majority were complete randoms. Most of the ones I did recognise were familiar to me because I'd caught them cheating previously or had them reported to me for anti-social practices rather than because they were well known characters. It seems as though the vast majority of the top players earn their RPs honestly so take that how you like regarding the prevalence of radar on the servers. Don't think for a minute that everyone uses it so you're just evening the field. I've read the rationales and the lame excuses on the radar forums and not a single one of them is valid.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
Players from Camlann were banned too however the largest percentage were from the cluster and from Glastonbury.

There were a couple of 'names' but the vast majority were complete randoms.

good to see you discuss the people who pay your wages so respectfully....

... anyway good job on booting the cheating fuckers.

PLs can u post a list of NAMES so the rest of us know how completely random we are to you at GOA.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Ging said:

... anyway good job on booting the cheating fuckers.

PLs can u post a list of NAMES so the rest of us know how completely random we are to you at GOA.
Random as in I'd never heard of them, rather than being well known players who run in organised groups or who are regularly discussed on forums. I don't call people random as a derogatory term - my characters are 'randoms' too. If you think that being called random is an insult then I'd suggest that's an issue with your perception of other playstyles.

And no, there will be no list of names. If the banned want to fess up, they can however I won't be hanging people out in public.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
ROFL

I am so amazed the GM's still bother with posting here with fucking nitpickers like you Ging.

AngeLujo

Fledgling Freddie
Ging said:

Don't think any of em deserves any respect at all ^^

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Outlander said:
I am not random, I am LEGENDARY! :twak:

:D :D
Outlander has reached the rank of Legendary Random!

I havnt been banned, and I havnt heard of me either.

Ging

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
Random as in I'd never heard of them, rather than being well known players who run in organised groups or who are regularly discussed on forums. I don't call people random as a derogatory term - my characters are 'randoms' too. If you think that being called random is an insult then I'd suggest that's an issue with your perception of other playstyles.

And no, there will be no list of names. If the banned want to fess up, they can however I won't be hanging people out in public.

well ofc thankyou for clarifying that small matter. So easy to misunderstand what people mean on here.

And FYI the word "random" is generally used by fellow players in a derogatory way. Hence my above comment.

Simba

Fledgling Freddie
There should be a shame list anyway, with the cheaters guilds included ofc, atm anyone can get a toa account quite cheap so there will be still a lot radar users.
But a shame list where peepole can say: I know it he killed me on the corner of xy zone xping etc..

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
nice job - although I would love to see the list of names and laugh I can understand how on some levels you have to protect your customers regardless if they have been banned or not ..

good job - keep it up

stupeh

Fledgling Freddie
I realise this may not be the exact stance of GoA, but as stated by Mythic in a recent grab bag:

Mythic said:
Q: We would like to have public hangings of the cheaters.

A: /whimper.

Short answer is no, because a) the real names on the accounts don't always correspond with the person doing the cheating and we know it, b) posting real names is probably illegal and is definitely against our policy, c) posting 'toon names is completely pointless because every server has several versions of just about every name I ever heard of, d) I just KNOW that someone will see "Tweety of Percival" on the list and proceed to torture Tweetie of Merlin. Longer and more complete versions of this explanation are in the Herald archives in fifty places. A little Googling will hook you right up.

However! We did think it was very reasonable that cheaters should immediately cease with the hogging of the Herald rankings, and earlier this week we quietly removed all the cheaters. PLEASE NOTE: Anyone who retired earlier this month would be naturally dropping off the Herald right about now. So, if you assume that absence from the Herald proves the presence of cheating, you have proven the ancient wisdom behind the old cliché about the verb "to assume." Please do not take the Herald stats as proof of cheating, and just enjoy the knowledge that those on the Herald this weekend are current players and deserve every point.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Kerith said:
OMGOMGOMG?!

cough

look into the eyes, the crazy eyes, look around the eyes, 1,2,3, your under. you did not! repeat did not! see that signature!

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
cough

look into the eyes, the crazy eyes, look around the eyes, 1,2,3, your under. you did not! repeat did not! see that signature!

lol m8er your jedi mind tricks wont work on me, nor your little britain ones !!

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Now that I have found out that Requiel plays... all I'm interrested in, is who his chars are xD

Radar all you want on me... I loose regardless :p

edit: There's always adding!

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Kerith said:
lol m8er your jedi mind tricks wont work on me, nor your little britain ones !!

for great justice though! take off every zig mega meight!

Kerith

Fledgling Freddie
indeed, and check my sig. your brother has misguided faith in me :eek: he thnks i rock lol

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
kerith, we discussed this many a year ago. you and rock are only allowed in the same sentence when discussing films by sean connery or playing rock, paper, scissors

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
it's a relief to finally see a number :) a straight fact for a change
nice of requiel to give that as we always had more vague info rather then a number on it

the only thing i would like is if a known player is caught that he would confess, even better let it be done on a closed thread, a whine-block :p

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
i quit daoc a while ago because my thumb got stuck in my ass and i had to cut it off and i can no longer use the thumb button on my mouse, so i cant assist. i swear. have i ever lied to any of you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom