Too late to make the news...

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Simba said:
There should be a shame list anyway, with the cheaters guilds included ofc

Well maybe the whole guild might cheat but I doubt it, why stigmatise a whole guild for a few cheaters' actions? Unless it's like an fg rvr guild that's suspicious then it's not really fair.

Ging said:
And FYI the word "random" is generally used by fellow players in a derogatory way. Hence my above comment.

Think he probably has a fair idea of tone on the forums being a GM. Don't claim he is being condescending when you yourself are being patronising. Bad form.

But wtg on the bans - and I really am going skiing tomorrow :p

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Players from Camlann were banned too however the largest percentage were from the cluster and from Glastonbury.

Here's a random thing I noticed as I was sending out the goodbye notices:
I'd never heard of most of the players. There were a couple of 'names' but the vast majority were complete randoms. Most of the ones I did recognise were familiar to me because I'd caught them cheating previously or had them reported to me for anti-social practices rather than because they were well known characters. It seems as though the vast majority of the top players earn their RPs honestly so take that how you like regarding the prevalence of radar on the servers. Don't think for a minute that everyone uses it so you're just evening the field. I've read the rationales and the lame excuses on the radar forums and not a single one of them is valid.

so u basically mean most who get banned are random noobs :p

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
so u basically mean most who get banned are random noobs :p

yes they are all random noobs, every single one who got banned, all of them

illu

Part of the furniture
Ging said:
well ofc thankyou for clarifying that small matter. So easy to misunderstand what people mean on here.

And FYI the word "random" is generally used by fellow players in a derogatory way. Hence my above comment.

You're such a random, Ging :>

Oli - Illu

illu

Part of the furniture
PS Nice work banning those people :>
PPS It would be nice though having a tool that gave number of soloer's in a radius of 1000 near you, so that late at night when you are looking for a fight, you know that it's not just you and some green con mobs and some guards and npc's for company :> Or I suppose I can keep unstealthing ^^

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
kiliarien said:
Unless it's like an fg rvr guild
omg...bira made a grammar mistake :eek7: .,;. :p
also, nice1 on the bans ... and cheers for the info requiel u always think of us first ;)

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
.. but 55 accounts permabanned for radar on the English servers in time for the weekend.

Let the drama begin.
My hat off to you - one question - manual hard work or a new toy? Obviously details are not desireable - just info vague enough to be totally unusable by any would-be radar coders.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
ha, I knew it! Les Randoms need radar to play as good as moi!

B

Betrayal

Requiel said:
Random as in I'd never heard of them, rather than being well known players who run in organised groups or who are regularly discussed on forums. I don't call people random as a derogatory term - my characters are 'randoms' too. If you think that being called random is an insult then I'd suggest that's an issue with your perception of other playstyles.

And no, there will be no list of names. If the banned want to fess up, they can however I won't be hanging people out in public.
Doesnt matter if they are well known players or had high RP scores, or they just started playing the game, they got what they deserved.
PS: If you play on glaston, please tell me you are not playing a VAMP! :)

Dorimor1

Banned
Due to rl problems I've had to quit the game, thanks to all my friends for making it an enjoyable time.

:p

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
good work there... less cheaters around. should give a warning to ppl who have thought about cheating

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Well done, Requiel. :) Particularly the GMs, but also the mods of FH and the whole FH/IRC community, is the key to why the EU servers are so much cleaner and nicer places to play than the US ones.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Belomar said:
Well done, Requiel. :) Particularly the GMs, but also the mods of FH and the whole FH/IRC community, is the key to why the EU servers are so much cleaner and nicer places to play than the US ones.

heh....nobel peace prize ?

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
I will thank myself for not cheating, that way there is one cheater less :D

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Good job you squidgy GM you!

KenyaRadar.jpg

Bigblackclock trod carefully around Emain

:cheers:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Google Image Search takes up quite a lot of your time, eh, Eggy? :cool:

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
I am pretty sure some radar users abused their advantage on Friday. There were 1-2 mid grps w perfect timin on inc from the side n the unique ability to know when the fight between albs n hibs was over behind the mile wall, without climbin on the wall. That was in the glast server.
Lets hope that was their last run.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Google Image Search takes up quite a lot of your time, eh, Eggy? :cool:

No, the beauty of Google is that it doesn't take up much time.

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
good work by GOA..... not every day u get to say that about GOA :]

is there a total count on how many players have been banned on goa servers over the years, just out of interest.

personally i think you should fix the XML, then make a "cheaters" xml file to name accounts. then we can all throw stones at them. am sure without naming them some of the wrong ppl have been accused.

just out of interest, when you ban them, are you just banning their account ID? or do you ban them by home address/credit card number. wats to stop them just getting a new account.

Gamah

Banned
Well there are still radaring players, GJ that there are 55 less to worry about. However I could name one radaring bitch right now..however I won't (as its against FH rules :p) but I will be reporting to Rightnow once my evidence dossier is complete!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom