Too late to make the news...

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Clive_Dunn said:
No evidence at all, merely statistics. 450 people banned in the US, 55 people in the EU 3 weeks later on a higher population base. So you can either interpret it one of two ways - EU players cheat massively less than their US cousins, or giving people 3 weeks notice allowed some more dedicated cheats time to uninstall.

All I'm suggesting is that to maximise the efficiency of any anti cheat devices, that you really need to implement it worldwide at the same time.
I'm not going to go into how the tool works for obvious reasons, but it doesn't just show us the people who are cheating right at this minute. It's possible for us to see who was cheating before the US bans. And, for the record, I do honestly believe that 3rd party cheating is not nearly as common as people think it is on EU servers.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
The most common cheat is probably macro crafting.

Radar aint used that much in EU me thinks.
Looks like there is alot more of that in US. Ppl even thinks its ok to use radar over there.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
The most common cheat is probably macro crafting.

Radar aint used that much in EU me thinks.
Looks like there is alot more of that in US. Ppl even thinks its ok to use radar over there.

but crafting sucks, only time i do any is if i am bored shitless and want to make myself even more bored, Mythic should make crafting automatic if you have the ingridients on you. I do like the WoW crafting system, makes drops from mobs usefull..

:m00:

Clive_Dunn

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
I'm not going to go into how the tool works for obvious reasons, but it doesn't just show us the people who are cheating right at this minute. It's possible for us to see who was cheating before the US bans. And, for the record, I do honestly believe that 3rd party cheating is not nearly as common as people think it is on EU servers.

In which case I happily stand corrected, clearly I'm too cynical for my own good.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
scorge said:
but crafting sucks, only time i do any is if i am bored shitless and want to make myself even more bored, Mythic should make crafting automatic if you have the ingridients on you. I do like the WoW crafting system, makes drops from mobs usefull..

I belive we will see a rework on the crafting system. Both WoW and EQ2 crafting systems are superior to DAOC.

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
OLOL now im exited to see if i can log in when i get back home! :m00:

*joke*

partyanimal

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
I belive we will see a rework on the crafting system. Both WoW and EQ2 crafting systems are superior to DAOC.

EQ2 craftin system is fun actually, but u cant alt tab to read fh :mad:

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Just wondering,

if the (or a) cheat is properly written, it shouldn't be noticed.. unless you got some i-spy gadget like WoW has, is GoA using software to see what other programs you got running too then? aka, doing something local laws prohibit? (no, CoC doesn't overwrite law)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Tualatin said:
is GoA using software to see what other programs you got running too then? aka, doing something local laws prohibit? (no, CoC doesn't overwrite law)
No we aren't.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:

It sucks to rvr without finding anything too though. ;)

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Question for Requiel. Have you guys ever caught people cheating, and instead of giving them a warning or suspension, decided to mess around with them? Like giving them a perma -100 Dex/Str/Acu (Etc) buff for a longer amount of time? Or something similar. :D

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
DavidH said:
Question for Requiel. Have you guys ever caught people cheating, and instead of giving them a warning or suspension, decided to mess around with them? Like giving them a perma -100 Dex/Str/Acu (Etc) buff for a longer amount of time? Or something similar. :D
haha :D

Being in a fg and stopping them from earning RPs :p when they get buffs there stats don't increase, they can't speak in any channel, mix up there qbars for them... that would be funneh :D

Himse

FH is my second home
I'll tell you what, GOA just load up fucking radar themselves tbh and see which people run right at em when they stand next to GG, also they see which twat will use aoe spells next to an epic mob <laughs> :D

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
DavidH said:

or move their bindpoint from whereever to the dragon's lair and make them pop up there wether they use /release entrance, /release house or /release from the frontier :D

Himse said:
I'll tell you what, GOA just load up fucking radar themselves tbh and see which people run right at em when they stand next to GG, also they see which twat will use aoe spells next to an epic mob <laughs> :D

To be honest I doubt they actually have to. I guess they should be able to show the world in polygons, see thru the hills etc :)

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest I doubt they actually have to. I guess they should be able to show the world in polygons, see thru the hills etc

wow they must feel like neo in the end of the matrix tbh its a wonder they get any work done at all :p

A

Aoln

Himse said:
also they see which twat will use aoe spells next to an epic mob <laughs> :D
Septina did that in a movie. :p

I knew it!

SEPTINA RADARS !!!!111

:(

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
DavidH said:

Requiel once made me burst in laughter when punishing a Warlock for geometry abuse in Vendo Caverns. The guy was pulling a load of mobs, then jumping into a wall and pbae'ing them. Suddenly a /slap and an ivisible Requiel says "Bad Warlock!". Same second he got moved out of the wall and insta-owned by the mobs. Guess he got a warning/suspension/ban afterwards anyways thou.
Even more funney thou was that he was bitching at me to rezz him afterwards.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
No, the beauty of Google is that it doesn't take up much time.
That is why you have daoc...
Lovely picture btw. cracked me up :D

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Noticed at least on Hib group on cluster tonight running with a brehon bard. :worthy:

My grp runs with a brehon bard;) what does that have to do with anything? i used to play a rr 10 bard but it was on another acc and i cant afford to keep 3 accs open as im a poor student without student aid. Acc isnt banned or so im to crap with comps to get such a complicated thing like radar to work:)

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Valgyr said:
My grp runs with a brehon bard;) what does that have to do with anything? i used to play a rr 10 bard but it was on another acc and i cant afford to keep 3 accs open as im a poor student without student aid. Acc isnt banned or so im to crap with comps to get such a complicated thing like radar to work:)

*Wielding the lit match, screaming...* "Arrrrgh, MUST NOT do it!"

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Requiel once made me burst in laughter when punishing a Warlock for geometry abuse in Vendo Caverns. The guy was pulling a load of mobs, then jumping into a wall and pbae'ing them. Suddenly a /slap and an ivisible Requiel says "Bad Warlock!". Same second he got moved out of the wall and insta-owned by the mobs. Guess he got a warning/suspension/ban afterwards anyways thou.
Even more funney thou was that he was bitching at me to rezz him afterwards.

haha, happen to me once, years ago. no real warning tho, but i never exploited again ;p

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
no update on the camelot website regarding bans? - or is it only here that the lovely GOA people like to gloat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom