Tonight's big match

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Ash!
Tonights game 2-2 draw

Hey Well done with that prediction!!

You win.....a do as you please night with Wij!

Have fun!!

E

Embattle

Originally posted by mank!
They train 5 days a week, have to control their diets at all times, work fucking hard (physically) - much harder than most of us do for sure - are constantly under pressure to perform, in the public spotlight, and football is quite a skilled game!

:ROFLMAO: Oh give me a break.

M

mank!

Originally posted by Embattle
:ROFLMAO: Oh give me a break.

Yeah, ok. At least try and offer some sort of reply that points out why I'm wrong, instead of something with a crap smiley in it.

E

Embattle

Why bother, if you believe that pile of shit and seem to make out that footballers have a hard life then it just isn't worth any more effect above a smilie.

M

mank!

Why bother, if you believe that pile of shit and seem to make out that footballers have a hard life then it just isn't worth any more effect than a smilie.

Explain to me how working as a footballer (or any other professional sportsperson) is any less hard work than sitting on your arse in an office all day?

S

Shocko

Explain to me how working as a footballer (or any other professional sportsperson) is any less hard work than sitting on your arse in an office all day?
It's not, but few office creatures get payed 50k a year, let alone a week :rolleyes:

M

mank!

Football is a lucrative market and is driven by money - although with the collapse of ITV Digital etc wages will probably drop. I do agree that some players get obscene amounts, but what annoys me is the fact people seem to think it's just kicking a ball about for 90 minutes a week.

E

Embattle

I don't think that, however it certainly isn't as hard as you make out either and certainly don't work as hard as Italain players.

Oh and BTW those obscene amounts of money are starting to make the foundations of the clubs collapse, you may want to remember that hardly any football clubs in the prem have made a profit in years.

D

Daffeh

LOL noone deserves the obscene amount of money these people earn

what really bugs me if the other shit they get upto...the drugs, gambling, drinking etc.

A

adams901

compared to public services (Ambulance, police, firemen, doctors, Armed Forces, even teachers) Sportsmen are vastly overpaid, many sportsmen make more in one week than any of the above make in a year.

I think something is wrong when sportsmen get paid much more than people who risk their lives for the public every day.

M

mank!

I don't think that, however it certainly isn't as hard as you make out either and certainly don't work as hard as Italain players.

Oh and BTW those obscene amounts of money are starting to make the foundations of the clubs collapse, you may want to remember that hardly any football clubs in the prem have made a profit in years.

I still disagree, it's a pretty tough lifestyle. I agree some are overpaid, but that's life really. As for the money side of it, you're right. It's worse even further down the divisions with Leicester (relegated from the premiership last year) flagging in debt, Huddersfield unsure how much longer they'll exist whilst they drown in £18m of debt and York City were existing on a week to week basis a few months ago. My club - Swindon as you are all aware - are also extremely financially strapped. As are most Nationwide teams nowadays.

The bigger sides and their finances are killing off other clubs, but if you want to succeed you have to fork out money, it's simply the way it works in football. Although, when you look at Man Utd's best players, they all came through the youth ranks there and their most recent high profile big money signings have failed to live up to their high price tags.

However, it does rile me a bit when people dismiss how hard some of these players work. I realise many are living the high life but it's only because they're highly skilled footballers who have had to work on their game and are under pressure to perform week in week out at a consistent level. Else they're fucked basically.

Rant over, anyway.

D

Daffeh

pfft highly skilled my arse :)
the way some of them play i could do better

and im less athletic than a one legged elephant with asthma :)

M

mank!

Originally posted by Daffeh
LOL noone deserves the obscene amount of money these people earn

what really bugs me if the other shit they get upto...the drugs, gambling, drinking etc.

I'm not entirely sure who earns what sort of wages over here, but it is pretty obscene I guess. As for drugs, gambling and drinking... well, that's a pretty normal thing to do isn't it? I'm sure plenty of non-sportsmen do all of that with money they can barely afford to waste.

M

mank!

Originally posted by adams901
compared to public services (Ambulance, police, firemen, doctors, Armed Forces, even teachers) Sportsmen are vastly overpaid, many sportsmen make more in one week than any of the above make in a year.

I think something is wrong when sportsmen get paid much more than people who risk their lives for the public every day.

That's a good point actually, but then it is down to the way the football industry works that [some] players earn such high wages.

M

mank!

pfft highly skilled my arse :)
the way some of them play i could do better

and im less athletic than a one legged elephant with asthma :)

Hehe, well I'd be happy to watch you try and match Henry for pace and stop him from scoring, or take the ball past 3 defenders and score a marvellous goal from the edge of the penalty area :p

D

Daffeh

ok im free Saturday if Henry is free for a kick about :D

E

Embattle

I still disagree, it's a pretty tough lifestyle.

I think you'll find many on these forums, esp those who have jobs and have to work for a living, will disagree with you.

It is not only the lower Premership clubs, and other division clubs, that are in trouble, a number of the larger ones are and still most of the top ones have not a made a profit in years.

M

mank!

I think you'll find many on these forums, esp those who have jobs and have to work for a living, will disagree with you.

It is not only the lower Premership clubs, and other division clubs, that are in trouble, a number of the larger ones are and still most of the top ones have not a made a profit in years.

As surprising to you as it may sound, I did go out and work fulltime for about a year, until I quit just before Christmas, so don't treat me like a child on the dole ta! Fair enough, football isn't the hardest way to make a living - hell, I'd be happy to play for Swindon if they asked me! - but it's not as easy as people think, which is what bothers me.

I'm not sure how much Leeds are in debt, but they've sold half of their key players and it seems likely a few more - Kewell or Viduka in particular, perhaps both - are going to have to leave to try and balance the books. Talking to me about money is useless though, I can never manage to balance the books on CM, let alone anywhere else heh.

M

mank!

ok im free Saturday if Henry is free for a kick about :D

I think he might be busy, prior engagement in Middlesbrough or something :)

D

dysfunction

I still disagree, it's a pretty tough lifestyle.

If it were that crap the players would make their millions in the first few years and then retire.

But they dont cos they love what they do.
They eat, drink and sleep football!
There is nothing they would rather be doing. Its their dream to do this for a living.

Not everyone is able to do what they love and get paid for it.

E

Embattle

As surprising to you as it may sound, I did go out and work fulltime for about a year, until I quit just before Christmas, so don't treat me like a child on the dole ta! B]

I was thinking more of a pikey student tbh, oh btw that 1 years work is still not working for a living. I mean thinking about mortgages etc and realising that some football player who doesn't work as hard or as long is making more in a week than you do in 1+ year/s.................just for kicking a football around and a little bit of training.

M

mank!

I was thinking more of a pikey student tbh, oh btw that 1 years work is still not working for a living. I mean thinking about mortgages etc and realising that some football player who doesn't work as hard or as long is making more in a week than you do in 1+ year/s.................just for kicking a football around and a little bit of training.

I thought you were treating me like a kid accusing me of not valuing money, or whatever. I still think footballers work just a hard as you and I, but earn a shitload more money than any of us do.

L

leggy

Mank

I watched a lot of football until very recently.

The Roy Keanes of this world put me off. It's all image and greed nowadays.

I have little or no respect for people like Sol Campbell and David Beckham.

M

mank!

Fair enough mate, it's sad that you feel that way though and can't just enjoy the football. Some players are terribly greedy though, I admit. I don't think Becks is one though, personally. I met one of the Swindon players (claim to fame!!!) the other week and he was a damn nice bloke actually. My guess would be that he earns about £1-2K a week, but this is division 2 :)

S

Shocko

It's worse even further down the divisions with Leicester (relegated from the premiership last year) flagging in debt
Don't cry for those cunts, please. They're virtually premoted to the Premiership already, and it's the most depraved, shit, mangey, god forsaken shit city this side of the Scotish boarder. Wish them pain, wish them defeat! :eek:

But yes, the problems in the lower leagues are huge. The players there are in the shit as well. I very much doubt that 2nd division players are on 2k a week. Baring in mind that they work as footballers for about 15years(if they're lucky), a player in the lower divisions probably doesn't retire to anything special... Which is why it's even easier to hate the big names in the premiership, who are bankrupting their clubs, and making more money than they'll ever even manage to dream of spending :eek:

B

bids

Originally posted by Shocko
Don't cry for those cunts, please. They're virtually premoted to the Premiership already, and it's the most depraved, shit, mangey, god forsaken shit city this side of the Scotish boarder. Wish them pain, wish them defeat! :eek:

Compared to other cities in the midlands (Notts / Derby / Birmingham / Northants), Leicester is far and away a better place to live in almost every respect - and we're going up :)

Shocko - your comments are not down to Forest being crap are they ? :)

S

Shocko

HE@S FROM LEICESTER!!1111 :eek6:

And he likes it as well. Someone chop his balls off before he procreates :eek:

:moon:

T

Tom

Football is popular. Lots of people watch it. Lots of people watch it on TV. Vendors therefore want to advertise for these reasons. The clubs therefore charge high rates for this advertising. Ditto sponsorship. The FA does a deal with the TV companies, because they can charge the advertisers more money.

Now in the past, most of this money would have gone to the club, and the players had very little say in the matter. That's what testimonial matches were all about. All that's changed (apart from the huge sums of money floating around the game) is that the players are getting a bigger chunk of the cash.

Let's face it - who is responsible for player's wages? The player? Or the chairman? Who, ultimately, makes that decision? I don't blame any footballers for the money they receive, its there, they can get it, so good fucking luck to them.

Oh, and football never has been, and never should be, run as a profitable business. It just isn't meant to be that way. The people who put money into the game do it because they love their team, not because they want to make money. Jack Walker put money into Blackburn to see his team win the league, not because he wanted to make more money.

Why don't you have any respect for Beckham, leggy? What has he done so wrong?

C

Clowneh!

if you had the skills and was bein paid 40k a week, you wouldnt complain... what i just said may have little to no relevance to this thread but im bored and im just about to go to sleep, i'll re-read this thingy again tomorrow and work shit out buaudashd;asljkd

man u should have won :( two lucky goals from arsenal whhahahawa

asd
asd
nsdfaskdnu;skdhuas adji aosidj asdj;aoijwd oaijd'[iopasjd' asijd ''apdjiowaopej0382urfn a[089n [adh8[]80DN 0[SPNDd inf'sn

C

Clowneh!

OH WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING, WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME helloooooooo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom