Today's Alb problem

islef

Loyal Freddie
Ye i do find that better ;)
Think them albs are making me quite the uptight git atm. The Kupo Flux Guild group that just took bled twrs be4 i left for work really got me sorta pissed of. I mean mid border keeps are practically empty as it is, a max of 30 active mids were out tonight i think. And still they come breaking bled port etc, farming us poor mids QQ.
At least we dont have to be scared it is a relic attempt, but bugger of to hib imo.:fluffle:

Ilur-OOM

Loyal Freddie
replying to the original post...

do you want a bigger penalty than roaming around for hours killing soloers or the eventual fg here and there? do you want a bigger penalty than spreading every 10 seconds just to know that it was another alb group?

Alb is the one realm that has the problem, hib has a couple of decent groups roaming around on prime time, but in mid there are no decent groups these days... see this as an oportunity and not a problem mate... you have the chance of doing loads and loads of rps with the alb zerg out there, we on our side cant do more than try to kill the odd group we find here and there, tbh i think its penalty enough.

Regards,

Namefake

Fledgling Freddie
Ilur-OOM said:
replying to the original post...

do you want a bigger penalty than roaming around for hours killing soloers or the eventual fg here and there? do you want a bigger penalty than spreading every 10 seconds just to know that it was another alb group?

Alb is the one realm that has the problem, hib has a couple of decent groups roaming around on prime time, but in mid there are no decent groups these days... see this as an oportunity and not a problem mate... you have the chance of doing loads and loads of rps with the alb zerg out there, we on our side cant do more than try to kill the odd group we find here and there, tbh i think its penalty enough.

Regards,

well if its so good, why dont you change and have a look yourself.
i cant see how it can be a problem to run in full groups killing soloers.
Albion's problem is that they are too many and what is the opportunity with trying to make a random group being overrun by either a set group or a zerg.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
this is where the oh so hated irvr and noadd policy comes very handy...

if YOUR realm dominates the numbers and you struggle to find people to fight, let the enemies have port to your realm.

if YOU dont add and let the enemies have some fair fights, they probably keep coming back for more fights instead of logging an alt in YOUR realm, resulting in even less people to fight.

if you just cut port and take towers in enemy lands so enemies cant port to even to their own keeps, you can be sure they wont come and feed you with rps.

Dave J.

Banned
But but, albs rather have relics then other players to fight in rvr ^-^

Sorry, that was Kagatos line :<

Ilur-OOM

Loyal Freddie
Namefake said:
well if its so good, why dont you change and have a look yourself.
i cant see how it can be a problem to run in full groups killing soloers.
Albion's problem is that they are too many and what is the opportunity with trying to make a random group being overrun by either a set group or a zerg.

I dont change for many reasons some of witch are:

- i have made friends here and i like to play with them
- ever since i deleted in hib and came to alb (over 4 years ago) i havent played another realm
- i cba to exp another char to 50 do more mls and arties etc

though there is a real opportunity in mid to build a decent fg and pwn the huge number of albs, you might not have relics, you might loose some keeps etc but for how long did albs fought without relics? Its just a matter of getting the right people together and making a decent group...

this is my opinion you dont have to feel the same, but certainly if i had a fully templated char in mid i would be trying to do a decent fg on prime time every time i could as there are loads of enemies to kill, unfortunatly albs cant say the same!

eble

Fledgling Freddie
uspe said:
something to add

daoc will die only if we want it to die. otherewise it will keep breathing

You did see that EA had bought Mythic right?,, DAOC will die when someone at EA decides it.

I'm guessing at around the launch of Warhammer personally.

Eble.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Is it just me or does this whole 'summer vacation so alb has more schoolkids' theory seem a little daft?

Firstly, it is indeed summer holiday for us school'kids', yet most of the schoolkids go on vacation to some nice warm country. Thus being unable to play daoc.

Secondly, it is frigging summer holiday. We do go out, have fun, enjoy the homework free life, get a vacation job,...

So following this theory this would mean that - since mid and hib have a lower population - hib and mid are the kids' realms. So who bloody cares? Zomg, someone who goes to school plays this game, behold, what a nerd and kiddo.

Comon now Hibs, we've always been outnumbered by both albs and mids. Atm, we're even outnumbering mids and yet we cannot get a grip on our realm? Where are those days were the hibs went where no other went before :< I've always feared the hibs when I played mid - cause of their sudden attacks and tough spirit. Give back the good old mentality instead of this crying about some relics which we didn't even lose.

Midgard and Hibernia needs some decent leaders again - Where's Ardamel and Aran?

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
I saw this trend on Killibury, there are 5 severs in that cluster, when albion had all 6 relics for about 8 months the population was roughly 45% albs and the rest splitr between hib+mid. At christmas hibs took the relics back and for 2 weeks we held all 6 relics, in that time our population went through the roof, we would run about as an 8 man group and find 1 alb group per night if lucky and 3-4 mid groups. It was incredible to see the change in populations because of a shift in relics.

We lost 4 relics to albion and the alb population became huge again, school might play a small part in it but for the most part its probably people logging on their alb characters instead of mid/hib.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
school might play a small part in it but for the most part its probably people logging on their alb characters instead of mid/hib.

That's even beyond daft then :mad: It's probably just me but I cannot see how it can be fun to be far in the superiority. Wouldn't it give more satisfaction killing a few groups of albs, knowing that you did a heck of a good job? Or just taking the relics back against this superior force. Play hib and mid mates! :fluffle:

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
Congax said:
Midgard and Hibernia needs some decent leaders again - Where's Ardamel and Aran?
Im still around and try to do the occational raid but its a lot harder now.
Problem is that i do my stuff primetime when we are outnumbered 2 to 1 which with the swarms of sorcs/lords/ladies and relic bonus makes things very hard.
Managed to take Behnn back last wednesday and hibs did some amazing defending at the bolg tower.
Others have been trying to run things as well with various levels of success.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Well defended at the bolg tower - we almost wiped you when we RA/bomb/ml dumped etc but enough survived to finish our lone fg.

Enjoyable fights actually, WHY albs dont just raze the tower though i dont know - its much easier and port can't be broken for a long period then. Read the siege folks - treb >>> palintone vs a tower...

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
TheBinarySurfer said:
WHY albs dont just raze the tower though i dont know - its much easier and port can't be broken for a long period then.

You may have answered your own question ...

TheBinarySurfer said:
Enjoyable fights actually

Razing the tower and then zerging the peeps in it is easier. But it is less fun for all involved (attacker and defender). If all that happens every time is that the tower gets razed then it quickly becomes boring as hell and no one is going to bother.

I know people want to "win" but winning at all costs potentially means the enemy get bored/tired/hacked off and do not come back. Not sure who wins then...

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
The time it takes to get hib frontier for mid, is quite a frustration (by boat). Then hitting some good alb group or a very good hib group or just the zerg.

We soldier on, but it can be quite tiresome. It would be handy if the hibs took back Dun behn, its just the worst keep we could have in the hib frontier.

Wholdar

Can't get enough of FH
TheBinarySurfer said:
Enjoyable fights actually, WHY albs dont just raze the tower though i dont know - its much easier and port can't be broken for a long period then. Read the siege folks - treb >>> palintone vs a tower...

You´ve been gone for a while. Razed towers can be repaired now.

/j

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Aran Thule said:
Im still around and try to do the occational raid but its a lot harder now.
Problem is that i do my stuff primetime when we are outnumbered 2 to 1 which with the swarms of sorcs/lords/ladies and relic bonus makes things very hard.
Managed to take Behnn back last wednesday and hibs did some amazing defending at the bolg tower.
Others have been trying to run things as well with various levels of success.

great job, clearly shows that you can be outnumbered and still compete (oh well, hibs have proven that enough in the past).

the way the hibs have been standing strong through the storm and struck back at every possibily while beeing clearaly outnumber can only be respected as an enemy tbh.:worthy:

i sometimes think best thing we could do as albs at this moment, is open a port in MID TOO, to spread our numbers over more fronts against diff enemies to `water down` our numerical advantage effect.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Muylaetrix said:
i sometimes think best thing we could do as albs at this moment, is open a port in MID TOO, to spread our numbers over more fronts against diff enemies to `water down` our numerical advantage effect.

I'm kind of surprised that has not happened already. I expect there would be some "leave us alone you have the relics" comment but it would give albs/mids and hibs more choice. Given that iRvR compresses everything into a small space which in time encourages adding and zerging, anything that can spread the fight zones but still allow those who want to avoid boat rides the option to port seems to be a good idea.

Last night was a good example. The group I was with ran as a fg only. We tried to ignore solo runners (we waved to Graendel a few times) and we tried not to add. In turn we got run over by 2fg+ who were running together. We got added on by other fg's hitting us mid-fight from the rear or solo stealthers popping and killing our healers (and I am not just talking about low RR peeps but up to RR10 here). We generally had a sucky time.

So we were left with 2 choices, either log for the night or join up with some others and run as a FG+ hoping to compete. We did the latter for a short while. It was less fun for us (although we were screaming revenge to an extent) and I am sure less fun for those we steamrollered (sorry if you were one of the peeps who just sat down and accepted the inevitable). If we had logged then there would have been even less frontier activity.

Sooner or later getting hammered by superior numbers is going to wear us down, even if we do enjoy each others company and generally have a good laugh and take the p!ss out of each other. Sooner or later we will stop running.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Relics wouldn't be so bad if they didn't include +100% population to go with the +10% damage where Albion is concerned. ;)

Ffade

Fledgling Freddie
DavidH said:
Way too many albs atm, so I wouldn't mind seeing more mids and hibs out there :) Like people keep saying, and I agree with, its not too late for Mythic to seriously start advertising for DAoC in EU as well! Would seriously not be that hard to gain like 1000 players, and it would mean the world to our cluster.

Agree with you, lastnight i saw on TV a ad for lineage2, and if i haven't seen it so far it would be a good reason to check it out..!
Thinking it about GOA...
Also it would be nice to make some arenas...for fighters & for mages, 1 vs 1 or fg vs fg.
i.e. King Arena or somethin simular ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom