Toa Update From Game

Knobby

Fledgling Freddie
Heres an update the Gold 2pack is in stores that had preorders for it, but alas the standalone ToA expansion will only be available from tomorrow due to shipping probs from Koch Media who distribute the game...

If any Game store trys not to sell you the game 2morrow ask them to contact Either Simon Reynolds or Lucy Whitaker in the buying dept for auth to sell it

Hope this helps

Cheers :cheers:

Holt

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone else find Koch media funny, or is it just the immature side of me showing through

Eroa

Banned
Spanjab said:
It's pronounced 'cotch' :)

If it pronunced like that why not type it like that?

Silly ppl..

My named is actualy pronunced Jake but it is spelt Eroa

fruitcake

Fledgling Freddie
I have just spoken to my local game and they have received confirmation that they can sell TOA today.They don't expect an order in till 11:30 and they will ring me when it comes in.

Thks moo and Knobby for the help.

tasaroca

Loyal Freddie
hummm game at durham are saying that they havernt recivd the toa as yet and they get dilivries before 12 usualy is this a tactic to delay selling it till friday or have they not recived the game yet can ppl plz tell me if other game stores have sold them the standalone expantion pack today
cos if this is just them delaying im gunna be ssoooo piisssed off :flame: :flame:

fruitcake

Fledgling Freddie
I very much doubt they are in the business of using tactics.from what I know the Game shops here get a delivery around midday,so I don't think they are lying to anyone.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
not every store is getting it and they cant tell you which stores will or wont (I've just checked with the HO to try and find out)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I went to my local GAME yesterday and the guy hadn't even heard of ToA, SI, or Daoc. They had no copies of any of the 3 games in and haven't had for like 6 months. He had no idea when ToA was out, and it wasn't on there "to be released" list.

I think I'll wait till friday.

Squalion

Fledgling Freddie
just phoned my local game up, they said they havnt got it but im gonna go down there anyway :)

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I've had the same news as fruitcake... the local GAME store said they'll have it in stock later and will sell today. Looks like ToA zones will be busy tonight :D

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
phoned local game up was informed they cant sell it by law till friday

spoke to customer services they said release date it 27th so not till then

spoke to buying department at game they said tell em to phone us lucy whitaker or simon renalds to autherise

told my local store to ring em, had a 5 mins arguement with a really snotty kid on the phone about when theyll get it and wether he will ring up lucy or simon

result should be in a 1pm

never buying games from these useless muppets again tbh :twak:

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Herbal said:
phoned local game up was informed they cant sell it by law till friday

to my knowledge the friday release dates in the UK are nothing to do with UK retail law.

(afaik, plz correct me if I am wrong but...)

...this is a general "agreement" between publishers releasing in the UK to release on friday for the game charts, similar to how music is released on mondays for the music charts.

if the publishers authorise the game to be released prematurely the distributors can do so if they please, GAME did this for SI and it sounds like they are doing it for ToA if they have it in stock too.

the best thing to do is to head down to your local game IN PERSON (phone is usless) - check if they have ToA expansion in stock, and inform them to phone head office (or the buying department with names above) to confirm the release date has been moved forward. If the assistant refuses to do this ask to speak to their supervisor or the manager of the store. they dont often get people going into their stores talking about phoning head office or their buying department so they are normally pretty shocked, but it does work if you are persistant and dont get stroppy with them.

Grimmy

Fledgling Freddie
Herbal said:
told my local store to ring em, had a 5 mins arguement with a really snotty kid on the phone about when theyll get it and wether he will ring up lucy or simon

Just had the same, irritating little twat :twak:

fruitcake

Fledgling Freddie
You may just try getting them to check their e-mail as well.I can't really see why my local game received an e-mail allowing them to sell today and not other game stores,I would have thought they would send CC to all stores.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Well just phoned 3 of my local Games in Newcastle upon Tyne 2 of them where arseholes tbh, no time to speak to me. I gave them the game title and reply was oh yes heard of that not sure when we getting any of those in. I asked if they would check and the said i would have to phone back after delivery. tossers!!!!

Anyway the 3rd store was more fruitful they got 9 in stock this morning and i was lucky enough to get my hands on 2 of em.

Kaitlyn

One of Freddy's beloved
Game in Solihull say they will have it tomorrow, haven't tried Birmingham city centre yet as its bloody cold outside.

Boomeruk

Fledgling Freddie
Good news:

went to my local game store in lancaster today, firstly asked if the disks had been delivered and he said yes, then asked to buy 2 copys and told him the names of the dudes in the buying department.

he dissappeared out the back, came back 5 miniutes later with 2 copies in his hands and sold em me :)

good job guys, and thumbs upto game :D

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Got 2 copies from my local Game at 10am. But they were the only 2 copies they got in! Game website have it to order on 24 hour delivery if you are desperate.

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
I got a call from my local Game today, they got toa deliverd today and I can go pick it up :)

freakyphil

Fledgling Freddie
Just rang the GAME store in Birmingham pallisades. They got a grand total of 2 copies in and sold them to someone who stood waiting whilst they opened the delivery - so my preordering it with them was a waste of time... He said he hopes to get 10 more copies in tomorrow. He suggested I try GAME in the bull ring.

Tried ringing there and they said they had received none in their delivery.
:eek7:

Motowntheta

Fledgling Freddie
Game in Aylesbury had two copies on the shelf when I went in earlier.... unfortunatley I left with them also ;)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Just spoke to GAME in Nottingham - they have copies, but only enough for pre-orders.

Good thing I pre-ordered then :p

<rushes out front door>

Lance

Fledgling Freddie
Just called Game Ltd in Milton Keynes and they have copies in stock and have been authorised to sell them today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom