Toa Update From Game

Dozi

Fledgling Freddie
GAME in Ipswich refused to phone anyone, treated me like id asked them to murder their first born child.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Game in Bromley (Glades) had 3 copies, sold me 2 today, 1 left still ! :)

Bleri

Fledgling Freddie
Game in Hastings ......

Monday morning - "Hi will you have ToA available to buy on wednesday"
salesperson looks on lists... "what format is that sir... ok ... no its released Friday"
"yes but European release is wednesday and servers are activated wednesday" .. explain SI release.
"No definately not we have to wait untill Friday, we are in Uk not Europe sir <DOH> would you like to preorder?"

Thursday morning - "Id like to buy a copy of ToA"
sales person looks through list "we have it in stock and it will be on sale tomorrow"
"well I was hoping to buy it today" and goes through same scenario as monday.
"we definately cant sell it untill tomorrow would you like to preorder ?"

Thursday afternoon - "Id like to buy 2 copies of ToA if you have a problem selling them to me can I suggest you phone one of these 2 people at head office, they will give you authorisation"
after a bit of a huddle staff start asking each other have they seen where its likely to be ?
Bleri wanders around the store picks up 2 boxes off a shelf (the only 2 boxes) "I'll take these 2 copies that you told me there was no way you could sell untill tomorrow"
"Do you have a reward card sir?"

This reminds me of why I rarely shop in Game :p

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
I had no problem getting copies from GAME in Wigan today, after phoning and needing to drop those 2 names. Rar! Fantastic.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
LOL Bleri
I said the same thing
He asked me if I had a reward card
'unlikely' I replied, 'you are so bad I would rarely shop here, but in this 1 occasion Amazon are worse, so here I am'

I'm not making this up, something about walking into a Game shop turns me into a sarcastic psycho, and I have no embarasment as I make it plain to all of my displeasure at having to shop there.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
We should collect up all the names of all the stores that wouldn't sell ToA even after being told to phone their head office and we should email said head office telling them they've got badly run and operated stores that are losing vast amounts of customers/and good will with the game playing public.

By this thread alone that's got to be a good couple dozen people who are seriously pissed off with Game.

Sonny

Fledgling Freddie
I went to Game in Wrexham at 10.30. I asked if they had it and some scruffy women spent 2 minutes looking through the release list and eventually found it. Told me it was prob in amongst a delivery they had just had. I explained that we should be able to buy it today and gave names that were mentioned to contact. Manager appears and I tell him the same story and he writes the names down. Well he says we will see if its in one of these boxes, if so we will get in touch with area manager and see what he says. OK I say, Ill call back later.

12.45 I go back and speak with manager. Oh he says, someone came in shortly after you and told us the same story so we phoned to confirm and he went away with a copy of the game. Oh I say, thats good (getting excited now) . Then he tells me they only had 2 copies, the one he had just sold and one that was pre-ordered.

So if youre the twat that went in after me and got the single copy of the game Id just like to say well done ya jammy bastard! ;)

Comrades of Camelot

Fledgling Freddie
freakyphil said:
Just rang the GAME store in Birmingham pallisades. They got a grand total of 2 copies in and sold them to someone who stood waiting whilst they opened the delivery - so my preordering it with them was a waste of time... He said he hopes to get 10 more copies in tomorrow. He suggested I try GAME in the bull ring.

Tried ringing there and they said they had received none in their delivery.
:eek7:

Games policy on pre-ordering software as far as i know is .... (could be wrong though)

before they sell any copies of a game from the first delivery all pre-ordered copies are taken from the order and not to be sold to anyone but the person pre-ordering them, if they've sold these copies to anyone else without dealing with pre-orders first then you should phone ...

0870 7502747

and make a complaint, many of the GAME stores in this country seem to have managars who don't adhere to company poilicy and the only way anything wil get done about it is for GAME HO to receive an influx of complaints, or just to boycot GAME until they go bust :(

Comrades of Camelot

Fledgling Freddie
Cadiva said:
We should collect up all the names of all the stores that wouldn't sell ToA even after being told to phone their head office and we should email said head office telling them they've got badly run and operated stores that are losing vast amounts of customers/and good will with the game playing public.

By this thread alone that's got to be a good couple dozen people who are seriously pissed off with Game.

hehe i already did that, i was so annoyed at what happened in my local games store i spent an hour on the phone and phoned 30 stores, 23 of them didn't know they could sell it early, so i then spent half an hour on the phone to their HO listing all these stores and the amount of bad attitude salespersons/managers i spoke to, aparently they will 'look into it' hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom