ToA free server

Wikked

Fledgling Freddie
I myself belive ToA will ruin DAoC. I like it just the way it is right now.
I was wondering how big is the interest for a "ToA free" server. it might sound crazy but nothing is imposible.
I've talked to a lot of players saying they will quit DAoC when ToA is released, mabe Mythic and GOA will earn more cash actually not releasing ToA, atleast I think it would in the big run. who on earth would want to start playing DAoC now when you'll have to PvE 1 year befor you have a chanse in RvR

so if you would be interested in a "ToA free" server then plz post here, and only post here if you think so, no whining about me being crazy etc.

Wikked

Fledgling Freddie
:eek7: just noticed.. moderators plz move this thread

Sar

Part of the furniture
Doh!

PS: What's so bad about this ToA expansion?

xane

Fledgling Freddie
They are putting Bionicles into DAoC now ?

Sar

Part of the furniture
und301x426_kopaka.jpg

Deady

Fledgling Freddie
You can swim underwater!

Or at least you can move at a reduced speed with a slightly foggy screen while a swim animation plays

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
It's always the same when something new is introduced into the game, all the prophets come out of their holes and start chanting that the end is nigh.

Coren

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
It's always the same when something new is introduced into the game, all the prophets come out of their holes and start chanting that the end is nigh.

<Straps on his sandwich board and exits hole>

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
Wasn't shrouded isles generally accepted? The US topics were looking forward to it afaik people planning their new SI chars and looking at how best to raid sidi.

TOA has been full of terrible reviews by players in the states. They had originally planned the rvr patch (which is needed far more than more pve) before toa but no they bring out another expansion.

Ive quit cause of this exact reason, we need the rvr patch and not to have to put in more x amount of months just to have a chance to compete in rvr regardless of how much skill you have in playing your character.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Nothing good ever came out of the VN boards, but even so theres still been too much whining not to admit that ToA will drastically alter our perceptions on how to ArrVeeArr and farm 'teh 1337' RP.

As for the non-ToA server. Sure why not - i'm sure loads of people would love to do the grind again. No really.

By the way, i eat kittens :rolleyes:

Lupaerian

Fledgling Freddie
Wikked said:
I've talked to a lot of players saying they will quit DAoC when ToA is released, mabe Mythic and GOA will earn more cash actually not releasing ToA, atleast I think it would in the big run. who on earth would want to start playing DAoC now when you'll have to PvE 1 year befor you have a chanse in RvR.

Dunno about the cash issue. Seems to me that the purpose of an expansion, from their point of view, would be to milk the cow for as much as they can get. Sure, some will quit, but those who stay will pretty much be forced to buy ToA in order to stay competitive in the RvR arms race... and it'll take quite some time for them to get all the artifacts and MLs. That's a healthy sized truckload of money right there.

As for who would want to PvE for a year before having a chance to RvR. Well, to be honest, I have the feeling that ToA is all about ensuring that the players with lvl 50 characters stay rather than attracting fresh blood (I don't think there's that much fresh blood to attract with the wave of new MMORPGs about to hit the streets in 6-12 months). Just take a look at the last million or so EQ expansions released over the years. They've pretty much been all about high level content with just a few useful scraps for the low level players. It's all about keeping the players busy with -something- since it's the subscription fees and expansions that make most of the money.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Esoteric said:
TOA has been full of terrible reviews by players in the states.
Mainly - but not only - due to the constant (ie daily for the first month and more) server downtime while Mythic sorted out the bugs.

TOA lauched on Mythic's servers with 1.66, GOA say we'll be starting with 1.67 - the current version running on Mythics servers. That should mean we're not going to have quite so much server downtime due to bugfixes, but theres bound to be a few problems initially.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Mythic have to please their new partners, who own a large chunk of the business.

pleasing them means making money, and an expanion makes more money than fixing problems.

Cba to find the press release, but it was on the herald some moons ago :)

Skeggi

Fledgling Freddie
I'm really looking forward to ToA, besides it's good some ppl finally do some PvE instead of getting PL'ed to 50 and not knowing which button does what and thereby suck in RvR. Another point: you'll need ToA for the New Frontiers! And it is sweet!

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
So if you don't have TOA you can't RvR or you would that mean you have to RvR in the old crappy frontiers? :eek7:

Not having TOA will be a huge disadvantage to anyone wanting to RvR. They will just get torn apart in seconds by some ML9 git in his shining Atlantean armour. Sucks but makes good business sense from Mythic's p.o.v.

I'm a bit fooked off that they are patching to 1.67 though. My necro has just entered a brand new era of near indestructibility but as soon as TOA is out the poor guy will be totally shafted. :mad: I used to enjoy playing him but I'm guessing I will have to shelve him post-TOA or end up paying plats out of my butthole to cover the cost of his armour repair. :/

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
They should have this disclaimer for vn boards:
BY READING THESE BOARDS YOUR HEAD WILL BE FUCKED OVER BY ALL THE WHINES. THE PEOPLE WHINING ARE ABOUT 1,7% OF THE DAOC PLAYERBASE, BUT THEY POST FOR 99,9%! PLEASE DO NOT FUCKING BELIVE ONE WORD THAT IS WRITTEN HERE. IF YOU DO YOU ARE STUPID.

and voila!

ToA will be great, dont listen to the whines, all the people that I know that has played ToA loves it.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Skeggi said:
Another point: you'll need ToA for the New Frontiers! And it is sweet!
Uhm... says whom? They made a big point out of making the housing (Foundations) expansion available in both the Classic and Shrouded Isles versions.

I cannot imagine the same would not be the case for New Frontiers. :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
as said somwhere above.. the only thing ToA will ruin in rvr is the ppl that believe that FG vs FG fighting is all that matters.. with ToA released ur more or less BOUND to run with a zerg.. or u wont have any use of most of the master level abilitys.....

Greatred

Fledgling Freddie
Although I still read DAOC forums (mostly to keep in touch with friends with the game), I stopped playing back in January.

My own reasons are that I don't enjoy RvR, and that's the endgame. I don't think I enjoy RvR because I don't put the time in to become good at it (i.e. practising RvR, farming mobs for the top of the range SC-set, spending money on 2nd account for buffbot). I simply don't have the time or money. Those people who RvR a lot are both good at it from experience, and good from their acquired RA's. ToA to me seems like another oppurtunity for people who have a lot of time to spend on DAOC to take strides ahead. Although the RvR expansion looks promising I don't want to spend the months it would take me to catch up with the average player from the ToA expansions. So I've cut my losses and I'm not throwing more good subscription money after bad.

A ToA-free server would interest me, but if it meant having to re-level to 50 I'm not sure that it would reattract me to DAOC - although the chance to restart on a new server with people who don't have months of advantage in leveling and RvR'ing has some good I think :)

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
I quite like the idea, its always nice to take a break from RvR once in a while, now I will have something I can do with my main other than countless raids for little or no reward. Go farming for scrolls or whatever, kill bad guys and get money and artifact exp all at the same time. Good job really i'm getting really skint and cant be arsed farming mobs just for money ;)

ibes_aka_nyd

Fledgling Freddie
Skeggi said:
I'm really looking forward to ToA, besides it's good some ppl finally do some PvE instead of getting PL'ed to 50 and not knowing which button does what and thereby suck in RvR. Another point: you'll need ToA for the New Frontiers! And it is sweet!

and y do u think peeps get pled? coz te interested part of the game is RvR, not PvE. So TOA won't attrack those PLed chars, and surely than can learn how 2 use they chars as fast (or almost) in RvR as in PvE. and while they learning, they give u free RPs.

the problem with TOA will only b 4 casual players, like meself who r still trying 2 get 2 50 4 RvR, and when ill manage that, well 50 won't b enough 2 have fun in the frontier, so thats y TOA is not interesting 4 me. But it will surely work 4 others.

I play the game 2 relax and have fun, and i'm not sure i'l b able 2 do that when TOA comes out. If not i'll quit and wish GL 2 all others who will have fun playing it.

I think they could do 2 help those casual player, would b 2 reduce the grind 2 get a char 2 lvl50, as this won't b the important thing, it will b wat ML u've got.

just my opinion

Fayle

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:
They should have this disclaimer for vn boards:
BY READING THESE BOARDS YOUR HEAD WILL BE FUCKED OVER BY ALL THE WHINES. THE PEOPLE WHINING ARE ABOUT 1,7% OF THE DAOC PLAYERBASE, BUT THEY POST FOR 99,9%! PLEASE DO NOT FUCKING BELIVE ONE WORD THAT IS WRITTEN HERE. IF YOU DO YOU ARE STUPID.

and voila!

ToA will be great, dont listen to the whines, all the people that I know that has played ToA loves it.

Well said Korax :cheers: (except from the stupid part ofc )

Mr Kitty

Fledgling Freddie
toa 'n stuff

Well, i'm personally looking forward to TOA (Although i'm looking forward to Frontiers even more).

I want some variety in my gaming experience, anything new is good, and if it doesnt work, it will no doubt eventually be changed.

To those people who are threatening to quite, well... good bye, i'm a little sick of seeing the hissy fit posts anyway.

I would assume without TOA etc... a lot more people will eventually get bored and move onto something else anyway. So keep the updates and expansions coming imo...and I hope TOA actually arrives when its supposed to.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
Skeggi said:
Another point: you'll need ToA for the New Frontiers! And it is sweet!

think logically.
new frontiers will be new zone maps.
new zone maps means that you have to have the new maps, because otherwise you will be in another world than the ones that do have them :p

so what you are saying is, if you dont have ToA you wont be able to access RvR zones. which is utter bullshit.

Instant

Fledgling Freddie
Well the hardcore gamers will be first up in MLs and Artifact leveling and will wtfpwn for a while.
Frontiers will be death empty at first, everyone is in ToA. (Atleast this happened on MLF)
Further down the road when average players got their geir setup aswell you will have played 3-6 months more and everyone has the exact same gear again with same bonuses etc.

As for the PvE content Ive never been a fan of 5+ fg PvE zergs where everything lags and you stand pounding on the same mob for 2 hours.

Most of the masterlevel and artifacts abilities started out as totally overpowered as usual with an expansion (testing anyone?),
now they are nerfed one after another.

So if you feel like redoing your sc template once more, farm 1 or 2 artifacts to level 10 ( varying from artifacts this may be 1-5 days of farming the same mob, some level of RvR but VERY slow tho), do 100 quest (yep 10x10) for ML10L10 this is an expansion for you ;).

Like someone above said it is designed to keep the 50s occupied for the longest possible which ofcourse is the right/only thing for Mythic to do.
If you still feel daoc has more to offer for you I dont think ToA will be that bad.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Instant said:
So if you feel like redoing your sc template once more, farm 1 or 2 artifacts to level 10 ( varying from artifacts this may be 1-5 days of farming the same mob, some level of RvR but VERY slow tho), do 100 quest (yep 10x10) for ML10L10 this is an expansion for you ;).

sounds good to me! givf ToA NOW! :bazbeer:

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Nothing any of you say or do will change the fact that TOA will arrive soon and on ALL euro servers... Stop crying... Quit if you feel thats the right thing todo, But spare me the drama...
The only thing you whiners acomplish(sp?) is getting others with more/less insight in TOA a bad feeling about it, instead of letting ppl make up there own minds...
Btw GOA says we will get TOA at the end of feb. so you better hurry and cancel now, why waite?... The only thing that will change anything is cancled subs...

I estimate 0 will actually cancel because of TOA alone... :m00:

I preordered TOA the day i could, I cant waite for more content for good or bad... I cant waite to get something new to explore, and new challenges to use my spare time on...

Ferengi

Fledgling Freddie
fl3a said:
think logically.
new frontiers will be new zone maps.
new zone maps means that you have to have the new maps, because otherwise you will be in another world than the ones that do have them :p

so what you are saying is, if you dont have ToA you wont be able to access RvR zones. which is utter bullshit.

Hmm wouldnt they just remove the old frontiers and make svasud or whatsthenameofthealb/hib gates bind point for new? I dunno so im just asking.

Instant

Fledgling Freddie
Well asking for a ToA free server, however little likely it is, is a constructive suggestion not a whine.
More valuable addition to the forum than your last post imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom