To my fellow assassins all realms.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Dorin said:
maybe that would have been ok in OF, but in NF i cant understand why archers got all these "assassins wont kill me haha" toys... like mos, ranger-scout rr5 ra, ip, basically whole NF (towers, keeps, guards, zergs), sojouner abilities... etc

>:<

MoS works both ways in practice; dont come with Camo; fast paced action in NF I rarely have it up (not even /release, buff --> get back to Brynja is enough time for camo to get back up :O)

Ranger-Scout RR5 RA is a 'haha assassins wont kill me haha' RA but its also 'hahaha I wont kill the assassin' due to the disarm proc. If you apply a snare to the ranger he cant even use his RR5 RA because it means dead (not enough time to escape the assassin; 5 sec stun snared; I dont even get out of insta-charges range ;O)

Zergs and keeps u can avoid as 'stealther' and pick on the stragglers; thats part of the assassin-filosophy; 'pick on the weak and wounded'. The idea of killing 1 in a zerg and get-away is stupid anyhow; but possible for assassins with a level of Vanish or two.

Basically assassins now 'feel' what archers had in OF for a long time; im not saying 'payback' but still; archers where viable in OF too; just not as viable as nowadays. Same goes for tank in tank-era; casters nowadays etc etc.

It swings around; dont worry :)

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
vanish is crap in the hands of a gimp, amazingly powerful in the hands of someone who knows what to do

give rangers str con debuff and dot poisons

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet, Disarm purgeable on Scout RA, is it so for Rangers also?, is it on a same timer as other stuns?, does it have a range?

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
Salamurhaaja said:
I'm quite sure it was Remi+Pin.
And it's definitely NO to IP. Rather than creating new problems, they should fix old ones.
SBs have still tons of problems :(

actually they dont, been pretty much prooven by the zerker TL that LA aint the problem. its the hole debuffs etc osv kekeke. thats not tons, thats 1 :)

oh and rr5 ra, ok thats 2^^

oh and sbs that think dex is useless to u, ur wrong, atleast ur TL said so. evade is still very much effected by it.

Salamurhaaja

Fledgling Freddie
Jergiot said:
actually they dont, been pretty much prooven by the zerker TL that LA aint the problem. its the hole debuffs etc osv kekeke. thats not tons, thats 1 :)

oh and rr5 ra, ok thats 2^^

oh and sbs that think dex is useless to u, ur wrong, atleast ur TL said so. evade is still very much effected by it.
JERG!!!!!
Let's quit arguing about that subject in this thread and keep it in IP.
Try playing SB and say equal with infil / shade.

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
/shrug

Virtually everything SBs on vn have complained about has been proved wrong. Shoulda made Wyrrd Sb TL too :)

Helme

Resident Freddy
Smilewhenyousaythat said:
/shrug

Virtually everything SBs on vn have complained about has been proved wrong. Shoulda made Wyrrd Sb TL too :)
So you can continue to have underperforming shadowblades? :p

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Puppet said:
Why? Assassins needed a counter; the counter is an archer-class with MoS.

Vanish has its use; if you dont use it on archers. Loads of OTHER classes would love a 'get away' ticket from 90% of the classes.

If you dont like Vanish; dont spec it. This complaint is silly; its like saying speccing envenom is useless because it doesnt work on RR5 Nightshades who are fast enough to hit their RR5 RA.

I'm not complaining, I don't play an assassin in rvr.

Considering the number of archers and the fact MoS costs less than vanish, 10 points for mos 3 vs 15 for vanish 2 they really could have reworked vanish to be a bit more effective than it currently is.

The fact it is very useful against non archers is besides the point, it's too expensive for what it does. SL on items doesn't cost a dime.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Puppet said:
Its not uncommon to critshot an assassin (in leather; with a mundane armour weakness of 10%) for more then a caster.

As Hib-ranger with good bow-spec (45+18 recurve on my ranger) its not uncommon to critshot a SB for 1000+ while its also not uncommon to critshot an Alb-caster with spec-AF for 800~.

In terms of catching an arrow you better off as caster nowadays then an assassin. Add brittleguards, bladeturn, spec-AF (Alb) and physical-defence and I rather critshot chain then cloth.

In OF with TS I could; with a slow bow and high bow-spec commonly 2-shot a Shadowblade with bow if I landed 2 crits. Thats impossible on a caster; even without brittles.

Javelins or braggarts flame proc takes care of brittle guards, trueshot can take care of BT.
Personally I still hit casters for more than anyone else, I have 35+14 bow, my critshot hits for around 1056 at most.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Basically yes and no ... assasins dont need IP if FZ and mos+camo (SeeHidden is no more...why is CAMO around ? ) get some type of nerf ... imo not being able to be hit while FZ-ed or a chance attacks will miss seems right. If thats not thew case...yes...give ip1 at least...not only for 1vs1 fights...but at least to get the kill even if u r being shot by 1-2 bow classes (almost always 1 around...seems their numbers help in that)

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
Helme said:
So you can continue to have underperforming shadowblades? :p

Except they're not if you look at the game stats.

Except they're not if you lok at the damage tests

Except they're not if you look at the LA mechanics and mathematics.

Oh butthey are if you listen to retarded vn whiners....

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Camo hardly ever active, dunno why people try to make a point out of it being so good, if it was an active buff kinda thing, then I'd understand. :eek:

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
illu said:
PS Well played Dafft btw to kill me when I was fully buffed, SoM up, and you started on 30% health ^^ :> I couldn't stop laughing when you swam away with about 5% health - nice one :)

NP illu, but twasnt me playing me scout until late last night yesterday, I let a friend have a good at using OP'd fotm wtfpwnzer FZing gimped scout.

illu

Part of the furniture
"NP illu, but twasnt me playing me scout until late last night yesterday, I let a friend have a good at using OP'd fotm wtfpwnzer FZing gimped scout."

:eek2: nerf :> Don't let him play your account any more :)

Oli - Illu

infernalwrath

Fledgling Freddie
Alhanna said:
Isnt it about time we get IP. Now with all the changes that have gone in I find more and more I hit alot of points out of someone only to have and do it all again with little or no health left. Am I just rubbish? Oh no don't answer that! But I would like to know what you Assassins think.

Notice how I address to Assassins..........
sorry u are 2 years late ip and fa got striped from assasins in 1,62 i think

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
infernalwrath said:
sorry u are 2 years late ip and fa got striped from assasins in 1,62 i think

they had it in NF beta tho, i think so anyways, like soon as ppl saw it they started instawhine, so it got instaremoved, prolly not even tested properly :|

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
Salamurhaaja said:
JERG!!!!!
Let's quit arguing about that subject in this thread and keep it in IP.
Try playing SB and say equal with infil / shade.

when did i say sb was equal with infil/shade? u must have missed my previous posts to. i dont understand why ur complaining so much tho tbh sala, not like its as bad for u as it is for the new sbs out there, atleast u got rr8+ with prenerfed LA. and high rr sbs when relics are equal, like now, are really not that far away from shades/infils. but i guess u only see what u wanna see :D
believe it or not im shadowblades best friend in alb, dont think any1 wants u to get more love then me here.

LA is not crappy(it has pretty nice advantages tbh, why dont ppl ever mention those? Oo), only thing crappy about it is that mythic is forcing u to specc it semihigh/high to not suck.

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
i would like to try a sb r8+ norse w 15 str 10con start with 50 axe, 44 la
29 env 32 stealth
use malice /croctooth and have sunbelt axe to witch for

sure CB has the best styles, but i like havoc/tyr's rly much. would be fun to try atleast

censi

Can't get enough of FH
this whole "and high rr sbs when relics are equal," is bollacks.

Deerstalker

Fledgling Freddie
Nuxtobatns said:
Basically yes and no ... assasins dont need IP if FZ and mos+camo (SeeHidden is no more...why is CAMO around ? )

IIRC Camo is supposed to be the counter for Detect hidden not see hidden.

DS

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Deerstalker said:
IIRC Camo is supposed to be the counter for Detect hidden not see hidden.

DS

OF it was to counter SH afaik.
NF its a counter for MoS.

So basicaly doing the same job now as it used to do. :^0

Don't think its for that small extra bubble assasins get. :^)

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Seems such a distant memory those patches. :^)

UriZeN

Fledgling Freddie
he know the meaning of mass stealth rvr stupid :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom