To my fellow assassins all realms.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Raven said:
all depends how far away they see the assasin, crit shot, crit shot, crit shot, dead assasin (dead most non shield classes) and scouts arent that bad in mellee either, depends how you want to play it. The only problem with scouts (compared to other archers) is their block rate vs arrows.
If you manage to get crit shotted 3 times in a row from a single scout, /quit Delete Y-E-S. And don't give assasins IP, you aren't supposed to take down tanks tbh, yet you do.

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
I post this and then to bed,wow at the response. Thank you everyone who did.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Lootie said:
I enjoyed your video, but how can a MoS IV (or 5, don't really matter) do 2k damage to an assasin before they get "close"?
A scout can shoot a caster for that amount sure, but I strongly doubt they can shoot an assasin for that amount.
No need to exgerate how "strong" scouts are. They still suck in melee.

Start shooting, get a crit and 2-3 more shots off, tank gets close, FZ, 10 seconds free shooting + time it takes to run back to scout, slam, 9 seconds more shooting.

= 2000+

Smilewhenyousaythat

Fledgling Freddie
No stealth class should have IP. IP should be a tank/hybrid RA. A tanks defense (laughable tho this is in the face of OP nukers) is to soak up damage. A stealth classes defence is to avoid it and choose their battles. An assassin - or archer - or rogue - should be relying on stealth as their primary form of defence.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Start shooting, get a crit and 2-3 more shots off, tank gets close, FZ, 10 seconds free shooting + time it takes to run back to scout, slam, 9 seconds more shooting.

= 2000+

Yup it sucks... (and you forgot shield trip, run, restealth, line up potential crit shot, joy)

This is probbaly widely known, but you can use heal pots while riding FZ, and you can also /use an ml10 belt to summon one of those annoying wisp things to interrupt the archer.

Shame I can't fit that belt in my template :(

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Lootie said:
I enjoyed your video, but how can a MoS IV (or 5, don't really matter) do 2k damage to an assasin before they get "close"?
A scout can shoot a caster for that amount sure, but I strongly doubt they can shoot an assasin for that amount.

Critshot: 800-1000 dmg
Norm shot: 400-600
2nd Normshot: 400-600, or a couple of RF: 200-300 each.

Zephyr: another shit load of dmg.

This based upon my 40+15bow, meet a proper sniper speced and toa'd archer and your looking at dying before even reaching.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
You're a Infil, not a tank. know it's hard to understand but as you state in the Title : Assassins meaning sneaky bastards. You got your candy already.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I forgot to mention crits also... But note I didn't mention Slam, as this sort of dmg and zephyr is available to all archers, yes even hunters before some moan. :p

Like Censi said, IP1 would be nice, 20-25% hp heal, not too strong, but give abit moire surivability.

Leathas

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
tbh they should remove ip from all other stealthers as well.
along with it,they should remove dirty tricks from mercs as well

RaiztliN

Fledgling Freddie
Leathas said:
along with it,they should remove dirty tricks from mercs as well

and frenzy from zerkers? or tripple wield from BMs? xD
wait for it.. wait for it.. moose from hero? :<

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Why would they give the assasin another escape ability? You already have vanish.. and with IP.. you're again more OP. Assasins are ment for quick assault, with IP you might be able to take out a tank, which should never be possible imo.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
this thread reminds me about the sosing, fzing, aping, iping mincer m8s

Macminime

Fledgling Freddie
Ip

Ok maybe not have Ip but some way of not having to re-apply poisons all the time :)
and make vanish what it says Vanish not for 1 second and take of the not able to hit for 30 seconds

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Yer I remember those days well. You really want to see infs running around with double hit points? Oo

hehe I rember when we took 4 keeps in 30 mins with 8-10 infils only 2 died because u could IP and FA2 incombat on thoes 4 keeps :p was quite fun hehe
(I was just EB bot tho :( )

but we still had quite a laugh :p

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Tilda said:
Thats why I have an effective shield spec of 42+ 18...
I only want it for the zergs/BD gimps who camp bled bridge :p

HAHAHHA

reaver bomb then vanish AHHAHAHAHA

no

Lootie

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, any assasin that lets himself be crit shotted by a scout deserves getting 2k damage.
I have yet to meet an SB who lets me crit shot them despite having MoS4.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Macminime said:
Ok maybe not have Ip but some way of not having to re-apply poisons all the time :)
and make vanish what it says Vanish not for 1 second and take of the not able to hit for 30 seconds

Aye, I feel sorry for all the infs who vanish from my ranger, only to be found 2-3 seconds later and beaten to a pulp, vanish is ok vs anything that's not an archer, which is pretty shitty for a 5/10/15 ra imo.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Lootie said:

Its not uncommon to critshot an assassin (in leather; with a mundane armour weakness of 10%) for more then a caster.

As Hib-ranger with good bow-spec (45+18 recurve on my ranger) its not uncommon to critshot a SB for 1000+ while its also not uncommon to critshot an Alb-caster with spec-AF for 800~.

In terms of catching an arrow you better off as caster nowadays then an assassin. Add brittleguards, bladeturn, spec-AF (Alb) and physical-defence and I rather critshot chain then cloth.

In OF with TS I could; with a slow bow and high bow-spec commonly 2-shot a Shadowblade with bow if I landed 2 crits. Thats impossible on a caster; even without brittles.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Culanan said:
Aye, I feel sorry for all the infs who vanish from my ranger, only to be found 2-3 seconds later and beaten to a pulp, vanish is ok vs anything that's not an archer, which is pretty shitty for a 5/10/15 ra imo.

Why? Assassins needed a counter; the counter is an archer-class with MoS.

Vanish has its use; if you dont use it on archers. Loads of OTHER classes would love a 'get away' ticket from 90% of the classes.

If you dont like Vanish; dont spec it. This complaint is silly; its like saying speccing envenom is useless because it doesnt work on RR5 Nightshades who are fast enough to hit their RR5 RA.

illu

Part of the furniture
Assassins don't need IP.

The game is "relatively" even, and tbh I wouldn't want to face an inf or a ns with IP. On top of that it would take longer to kill people, so you are more likely to get killed / spotted etc.

Archers fz will be nerfed to 15 mins, so this will make life a little better.

The problem isn't whether or not to have IP, it's being able to try and pick targets that haven't got lots of friends near them :>

Went to beno last night and got totally steamrollered about 3 times, each fight having at least 3-4 albs on me, and I just thought don't they realise if I get uber whooped - I'm not coming back till way later? At least have 2 people attack me or make an orderly queue :> Feel free to kill me if I might win - but at least give me a chance :>

Anyway, there are other things that need addressing, IP isn't one of them :)

Oli - Illu

PS Well played Dafft btw to kill me when I was fully buffed, SoM up, and you started on 30% health ^^ :> I couldn't stop laughing when you swam away with about 5% health - nice one :)

Tilda

RaiztliN said:
and frenzy from zerkers? or tripple wield from BMs? xD
wait for it.. wait for it.. moose from hero? :<

And heals from healers...
oh wait, that would be a really retarded suggestion!

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Why? Assassins needed a counter; the counter is an archer-class with MoS.

maybe that would have been ok in OF, but in NF i cant understand why archers got all these "assassins wont kill me haha" toys... like mos, ranger-scout rr5 ra, ip, basically whole NF (towers, keeps, guards, zergs), sojouner abilities... etc

>:<

Salamurhaaja

Fledgling Freddie
wittor said:
No.

oh btw wanne know why?
cus I remember Remi + mincer (or could be a infil cant remember correctly) taking out a fg of nightshades when he had IP :m00:
I'm quite sure it was Remi+Pin.
And it's definitely NO to IP. Rather than creating new problems, they should fix old ones.
SBs have still tons of problems :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom