To all the Gank groups out in emain

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Further question for the RR8+ gank groups.

If you could have an RvR area, where you had to be RR8+ to enter, would you guys stick to fighting in it as you'd be able to just face the other gank groups and have the competition you crave?

Stasi

Loyal Freddie
If you could have an RvR area, where you had to be RR8+ to enter, would you guys stick to fighting in it as you'd be able to just face the other gank groups and have the competition you crave?[/QUOTE]

good question, and a good ide. then all will be happy :clap:

not that i ever will be rr8 but then i could meet ppl on my own level with out going to zerg hell

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
[CE]Hjendug said:
Uhm and how do u know their RR1-3 ? :) and in epic ?
ussually it has summin like warder or guardian above there heads "you know the little rr title.. its ussually a big give away" you mids n his cant stop whinging at the warder zerg so how u didnt know that is beyond me :)

as for epic armor pretty easy to tell . unless they are SI dungeon armors. which im sure ain most realm aint many of them about. all the rich people have them in there vaults from when they used em pre-toa

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
ussually it has summin like warder or guardian above there heads "you know the little rr title.. its ussually a big give away" you mids n his cant stop whinging at the warder zerg so how u didnt know that is beyond me :)

as for epic armor pretty easy to tell . unless they are SI dungeon armors. which im sure ain most realm aint many of them about. all the rich people have them in there vaults from when they used em pre-toa

So what your saying is that, there are simply no rr5-8 people out there that we could have fought in that zerg or what ?
since your the expert and knew that we fought rr1-3 people.
or am i wrong ?

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:

not the warder zerg is the problem, its the r7-rr11 "added pwn" grps being among them 90% of the time (Hiya Isti and co !), fighting 2-3fg not good grps is a challange and can be done, but higher rrs opted grps adding in those fights leaves you with 0 chance xD. :cheers:

Though i guess its a lot of fun to nuke 1-2 enemies with 12 brothers in arms i guess :O

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Lothandar said:
Tbh that's your problem

+1? ====))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Arkian said:
Further question for the RR8+ gank groups.

If you could have an RvR area, where you had to be RR8+ to enter, would you guys stick to fighting in it as you'd be able to just face the other gank groups and have the competition you crave?

No, cause it would be totally dead in there ;)

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Jpeg[LOD] said:

hardly any of the "gank group people" actually whine about warder zerg... its the high rr groups who run or camp milegates with the zerg and dont even try to avoid adding when enemy grp fights the zerg which are annoying.

vintervargen

Banned
2 sort of ppl play in gankgroups:
Lothandar said:
Who would not like easy rps?
Kalba said:
Tbh I dont care about RPs anymore

[e]

Fledgling Freddie
Tulkos said:
Can i ask you guys what is the challenge in the game if you constantly kill 3 times your number ? btw yes i am alb and it is directed at mid and hib groups and suprise suprise i got wtfpwn. Just wondering what the challenge was with you guys to keep playing myself its trying to beat you guys so i would like to hear your motivations please.

I guess kindof same challenge when fg sprints in to kill the stealthers in a "stealth-war" situation.
motivation: rps, less downtime, lameness ? You pick.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
[e] said:
I guess kindof same challenge when fg sprints in to kill the stealthers in a "stealth-war" situation.
motivation: rps, less downtime, lameness ? You pick.

You missed out the most important one of all: revenge. I don't think there's a non-stealther around who hasn't had a fight turned by some stealthers adding on it. Many times I've been playing my cleric, group's been winning, then WHACK! Some archer is sticking arrows in me, I can't heal effectively, and we lose. It's why I'm always gleeful if we're running with a stealther with TS, and we can clean out some of those little adding mofos from their hidey holes.

Not that I don't expect them to add - it's part of their job to do all that. But don't expect me not to kill stealthers whenever I can.

Jorma

Loyal Freddie
Tulkos said:
Can i ask you guys what is the challenge in the game if you constantly kill 3 times your number ? btw yes i am alb and it is directed at mid and hib groups and suprise suprise i got wtfpwn. Just wondering what the challenge was with you guys to keep playing myself its trying to beat you guys so i would like to hear your motivations please.

I think it´s these kind of posts that makes it worth it for the gankgroups tbh, always fun when ppl whine at you.

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
all you got to look at is the forums to see how people are so infatuated with rp's by the amount of gratz threads. they claim to crave fg v fg vs other uber grps.. but you rarely see them posting (Oi <insert grp here> great fight in <insert location> , was tons of fun and lasted for ages and well balanced.) yes those fights r fun . but end of theday sadly its all about the rp's they get.
A lot of the time if I have a great fight with someone I talk about it on mirc :)

Albs would have real cleric problems in a rr8+ only zone, and it would have to be really small, like thidranki size but without the keep and water, and there would have to be some kind of extra reward for going there instead of normal rvr. Maybe something like all the rp's you get in that place not only go to your rp tally but also a seperate one, then when you reach 500k on the seperate one you get a new title (e.g. Master Lion Knight), then again at 2 million etc etc.

Raid and staj type gank groups are very hard to beat, and the relic situation doesn't help, I'm looking forward to alb mage groups with all 3 power relics though in NF :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
u're dreaming rats =) We're gonna hold our relic and fetch the other 2 aswell =))

oh and to the topic. I'm alrdy feeling the whine, but I like running fg's basically cause it's easier to coordinate. You yell stick to your grp, they stick up and you go, whereas it's more difficult with more ppl ofc =) Also as player of mezz classes I don't like to get in a nice ae mezz and have 20 AE nukes kill it =) Well organised 2fg can be fun, too, especially when an enemy zerg is out.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Hotrats said:
A lot of the time if I have a great fight with someone I talk about it on mirc :)

Albs would have real cleric problems in a rr8+ only zone, and it would have to be really small, like thidranki size but without the keep and water, and there would have to be some kind of extra reward for going there instead of normal rvr. Maybe something like all the rp's you get in that place not only go to your rp tally but also a seperate one, then when you reach 500k on the seperate one you get a new title (e.g. Master Lion Knight), then again at 2 million etc etc.

Raid and staj type gank groups are very hard to beat, and the relic situation doesn't help, I'm looking forward to alb mage groups with all 3 power relics though in NF :)

Relics dont affect self debuffers that much, played caba and pretty much the same result. Its another thing with undebuffed dmg, (spec nukes/pbae). Theres another thing for meleers ofc.! :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Raid and staj type gank groups are very hard to beat, and the relic situation doesn't help, I'm looking forward to alb mage groups with all 3 power relics though in NF
10plat majority of albs will still run in zergs
and someone down the line will kill 4fg or so and result in another post like this

Expreso

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
10plat majority of albs will still run in zergs
and someone down the line will kill 4fg or so and result in another post like this

so true m8....

Tulkos

One of Freddy's beloved
Been watching this thread since i started and have to thank all the sensible people for making good honest replys btw to all the people who just mindlessly flamed for a change why bother the post wasnt intended as a flame it was more personal intrest to peoples motivations.

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Jpeg[LOD] said:

Imo he meant: "what in my post made you think 3fg means 3fg of lowbies"? We are familar with the realm title concept as such ^^

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
When we're on the topic of revenge, some guilds have stomped over others in the hunt for artifacts, and some people like to pay them back in rvr and purposely add whenever possible.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Leel said:
When we're on the topic of revenge, some guilds have stomped over others in the hunt for artifacts, and some people like to pay them back in rvr and purposely add whenever possible.
abit subtitle but my guess is blackcompany?! :D

Kaap

Fledgling Freddie
Groove is awesome. Its just, you cant beat them anyway. When I encounter them I just /sit and cancel my buffs to shorten the time before /release. No use in trying to beat them.

I'm always happen if we run into them before Bolg. If they catch us after Bolg than most have wasted their artifact charges, thats too bad.

El3wynn

Fledgling Freddie
Kaap said:
Groove is awesome. Its just, you cant beat them anyway. When I encounter them I just /sit and cancel my buffs to shorten the time before /release. No use in trying to beat them.

Instead of surrender before starting everyone could take on the challenge of fighting a stl0ng gank and improve themselves, so that they can learn from their mistakes and from their enemies; this is way players grow up and achieve an higher level, things u don't get seating and waiting for your /rel

DAoC is such an easy game, all you have to do is pay attention and think a little

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Gordonax said:
Many times I've been playing my cleric, group's been winning, then WHACK! Some archer is sticking arrows in me...

That'll be me :cheers:

Kaap

Fledgling Freddie
El3wynn said:
Instead of surrender before starting everyone could take on the challenge of fighting a stl0ng gank and improve themselves, so that they can learn from their mistakes and from their enemies; this is way players grow up and achieve an higher level, things u don't get seating and waiting for your /rel

DAoC is such an easy game, all you have to do is pay attention and think a little
Tried many times but what do you do? I try and interupt the casters who just pop moc and lifetap me to hell while their tanks eat my own support.

Tried many times, doesn't work. Rather sit, let them kill me and give them no challange.

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
Kaap said:
Tried many times but what do you do? I try and interupt the casters who just pop moc and lifetap me to hell while their tanks eat my own support.

Tried many times, doesn't work. Rather sit, let them kill me and give them no challange.
Actually Kaap we have seen situation where we got totaly screwed around by low rr's so its not impossible at all :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
yer, I think giving up is no good solution. There is no problem in running away (when I see a mssive zerg who didn't spot me, I'd rather run), but sitting down in a fight is just plain boring, cause it doesn't give me any kind of thrill. Sure you might use, but there is always the chance that you learn something new, do something that makes your enemy loose or simply have the chance that your enemy makes a mistake. The satisfaction of beating an enemy is simply too good for me to sit down =))

raid

Can't get enough of FH
El3wynn said:

Indeed, but it requires that majority of the people in the group do it... Good example of this was 1 day a few weeks ago which I still remember, we met a "random hib group" a few times and every time 1 and only 1 caster was paying attention as in unsticking when inc. Rest of the group just got mezzed in a bunch and they didnt seem to have/use GP either. Ofc it only ended the same caster dying first always as he was the only one doing or even trying to do something, felt kinda sorry for him :(

Oh and groove is far from unbeatable, we lose fair share of fg v fg fights, just keep trying ;)

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
raid said:
Indeed, but it requires that majority of the people in the group do it... Good example of this was 1 day a few weeks ago which I still remember, we met a "random hib group" a few times and every time 1 and only 1 caster was paying attention as in unsticking when inc. Rest of the group just got mezzed in a bunch and they didnt seem to have/use GP either. Ofc it only ended the same caster dying first always as he was the only one doing or even trying to do something, felt kinda sorry for him :(

only know 1 other caster doing so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom