To all the Gank groups out in emain

Tulkos

One of Freddy's beloved
Can i ask you guys what is the challenge in the game if you constantly kill 3 times your number ? btw yes i am alb and it is directed at mid and hib groups and suprise suprise i got wtfpwn. Just wondering what the challenge was with you guys to keep playing myself its trying to beat you guys so i would like to hear your motivations please.

Afternoon Tea

Fledgling Freddie
Tulkos said:
Can i ask you guys what is the challenge in the game if you constantly kill 3 times your number ? btw yes i am alb and it is directed at mid and hib groups and suprise suprise i got wtfpwn. Just wondering what the challenge was with you guys to keep playing myself its trying to beat you guys so i would like to hear your motivations please.

The 'Gank Groups' typically like to fight other 'Gank Groups' the warder zerg is only a bi-product :(

Dyss

Fledgling Freddie
We only play so u can try to kill us :fluffle:
What would u have for challenge if we didn't play :confused:

Or/And we play to have good 1fg vs 1fg from the different realms that are even and reeeeeeeeally funny to fight tho its fun to kill zerg also sometime but full grps fight that’s even are alot better doesn’t matter that much if u win or lose... ;)

Should try it sometime even tho u maybe get killed really fast from "fotm"grps that use voiceprogs ect. You probably will get some really good fights vs other not as fotm grps and I think u will like it alot more then run in zerg and get killed by fotmgrps anyway
and who knows maybe u get invited to a fotm grp someday :clap:

Tulkos

One of Freddy's beloved
been in fotm alb group killed some tbh and yes have used voice progs and yes they do help. I enjoy a even fight more than anything i dont just hang about in zergs but a lot of the time i find in needed to kill some of the gank groups as they mow though a number of groups with out to much hassel.

just a little edit to this would you enjoy it if you were losing more than winning ? yeah it could be me just being crap which i admit i find i am tbh but no one likes losing.

I find personally in emain at the mo most groups are losing to the same groups this again being from a alb point of view. For example the groove group guys you play damn good together and can kill a lot above your number and the stajj group dont you guys get bored of killing the same people over and over again.

Sturrm

Fledgling Freddie
I thought i had seen it all, but low and behold to my amazement a zergling QQing cuase he gets killed by peeps running in 1fg. I have absolutly nothing to add to this, just goes to show you that someone will always find a way to whine about anything.

:eek2:

vintervargen

Banned
sturrm, grow up.

@poster, its evolution.. play a game enough and you will end up thinking only about the competition :), what else can you do? i played most classes (as in support, tank, caster etc), done this and that in pve, this and that in rvr. whats left to enjoy? well a) different situations: new experiences. b) teamwork, there are always things to improve. c) personal skill (some say there are no skill in daoc tho), i know i can get better, so i'll try and become it! :)

Tulkos

One of Freddy's beloved
Tbh vinters a really good responce mate exactly the type of responce i like. btw stop killing me as well lol, unlike sturrm who well is a total worthless responce. a mate i dont always zerg yeah fair enough i have i aint going to deny it but i have been zerged and i have fought in fg vs fg and tbh enjoyed it all at times.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Well, agree that it can be nice losing some too. Fom were running 2fg some days ago and got wiped by tahn and alithiel and their fg. Damn, they are good. Of course, our 2fg are what you can call random and not all got fully toa'ed gear yet, but still, we didn't even kill one I think. In comparison, we did kill DH one time without a single loss to ourselves. Would like to see DH vs that tahn/alithiel group tbh. I think the alb group would win.

vintervargen

Banned
on a side note tho, even tho i am a 'hardcore daoc'er' myself, i think daoc would be much more fun without the competitive feeling.. aka RP's ;)

dont know if it still would be addictive tho ($$$)..

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
well for me atleast. I play what i find fun, this involves gank groups. The best fun i find in gankgroups is the close FG fights u have against other gankgroups. They are often rare but u can get some real classic 5min fights which are truly awesome to play in and very tense. There is obviously a very competitive nature with these gank groups, as they are competitive by nature. Thus there is fun in trying to beat the other gank groups, and a type of rivalry often occurs between rival gankgroups, which adds to the fun. Beating the 2-3fg+ or whatever of random groups is not really the aim of a gankgroup. also i belive that gank grps complaning about being killed by 2-3fg's is wrong cuz fg randoms isnt gonna beat fg gank grp and u cant expect em to keep dieing.

As gank groups often play with same people there is also fun in learning how to play as a team and stuff, which adds to the satisfaction when u win.

However, gimped grp v gimped grp can also be very fun, this only tends to occur either really late at night or early in morning/afternoon however.

tahts my opinion atleast :)

Marc

FH is my second home
Sturrm said:
I thought i had seen it all, but low and behold to my amazement a zergling QQing cuase he gets killed by peeps running in 1fg. I have absolutly nothing to add to this, just goes to show you that someone will always find a way to whine about anything.

He wasnt whining. He was asking a perfectly good question about motivation. I think you should pay attention at school as you obviously struggle to read simple paragraphs.

Event

Fledgling Freddie
There are no fgs that "constantly" beat 3fg.

Motivation is fun, rps and in game m8s.

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
Can i ask you guys what is the challenge in the game if you constantly kill 3 times your number ?

the challenge is to see how many you can kill before you die,
i.e have sorusi pull from atk.

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
Tinyheals said:
Can i ask you guys what is the challenge in the game if you constantly kill 3 times your number ?

the challenge is to see how many you can kill before you die,
i.e have sorusi pull from atk.

hehe.

Personaly i find it fun, because when u kill 3 fg, u feel damn proud of your self - that makes me play the game more, and haveing good 1vs1 fg fights is really awsome, specially when they beat u to death. <- can go back and whatch where u did wrong. (teach from own mistakes) i mean

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Sturrm said:

aye like euhm, sorc whines etc. /slap

Aliorm

Fledgling Freddie
[CE]Hjendug said:
hehe.

Personaly i find it fun, because when u kill 3 fg, u feel damn proud of your self - that makes me play the game more, and haveing good 1vs1 fg fights is really awsome, specially when they beat u to death. <- can go back and whatch where u did wrong. (teach from own mistakes) i mean

Amen Brother!

Summoner

Fledgling Freddie
Could you elaborate the definition of a Gank Group ?
Can not say I'm familiar with the aspect.

-Inwe-

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Summoner said:
Could you elaborate the definition of a Gank Group ?
Can not say I'm familiar with the aspect.

-Inwe-

A group of players that gank things? :p

Himse

FH is my second home
Tulkos said:

your zergs are your gank grps tbh :touch:

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
I just to play gank grp to see those malmö noob vaktens insta die because they are so clueless and then go and wajn on fh, that brings satisfaction bth.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
I like to play zerg to gank the leet gank groups and enjoy the whine on FH tbh.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
[CE]Hjendug said:
hehe.

how can beating 3fg of non toa'd epic wearing rr1-2's make you proud? beating a fg of enemy high rr gank grps./ or multiple medium rr4-6 i can se that making u gloat. but not grps that aint even fully sc'd and die from 1 pbae etc.

it can be frustrating sometimes when in a random group and the hib/mid gank groups are in emain/odins . cos u know if u meet em (which in the small area's of rvr people roam , u are going to) you know that u will be eating yellow snow or green grass :( . if gank groups want the thrill of 1fg v 1fg gank grps , they should stick to places like HW .

But i think the gank groups get satisfaction from beating multiple grps or low rr . non toa'd non sc'd epic wearing gimps .... because they easily without much real effort boost there rp count.
end of the day thats what gank groups crave. its the RPsssssssssssssss in which case the above gimp grps are basically FREE rp's.

all you got to look at is the forums to see how people are so infatuated with rp's by the amount of gratz threads. they claim to crave fg v fg vs other uber grps.. but you rarely see them posting (Oi <insert grp here> great fight in <insert location> , was tons of fun and lasted for ages and well balanced.) yes those fights r fun . but end of theday sadly its all about the rp's they get.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Jpeg[LoD said:
]how can beating 3fg of non toa'd epic wearing rr1-2's make you proud? beating a fg of enemy high rr gank grps./ or multiple medium rr4-6 i can se that making u gloat. but not grps that aint even fully sc'd and die from 1 pbae etc.

I'd really like to find 3fgs of those ppl at the same time ;)

Lothandar said:
Who would not like easy rps?

Tbh I dont care about RPs anymore

[CE]Hjendug

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
how can beating 3fg of non toa'd epic wearing rr1-2's make you proud? beating a fg of enemy high rr gank grps./ or multiple medium rr4-6 i can se that making u gloat. but not grps that aint even fully sc'd and die from 1 pbae etc.

it can be frustrating sometimes when in a random group and the hib/mid gank groups are in emain/odins . cos u know if u meet em (which in the small area's of rvr people roam , u are going to) you know that u will be eating yellow snow or green grass :( . if gank groups want the thrill of 1fg v 1fg gank grps , they should stick to places like HW .

But i think the gank groups get satisfaction from beating multiple grps or low rr . non toa'd non sc'd epic wearing gimps .... because they easily without much real effort boost there rp count.
end of the day thats what gank groups crave. its the RPsssssssssssssss in which case the above gimp grps are basically FREE rp's.

all you got to look at is the forums to see how people are so infatuated with rp's by the amount of gratz threads. they claim to crave fg v fg vs other uber grps.. but you rarely see them posting (Oi <insert grp here> great fight in <insert location> , was tons of fun and lasted for ages and well balanced.) yes those fights r fun . but end of theday sadly its all about the rp's they get.

Uhm and how do u know their RR1-3 ? :) and in epic ?

Arid|Disci

Fledgling Freddie
I play gank grps because Vinter is swedish and can't stop touching me :<

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
how can beating 3fg of non toa'd epic wearing rr1-2's make you proud?

Because it CAN be a decent, fun fight. I've never done gank groups, but I've been on the other side - part of a 2/3fg lowbies fighting a gank group - and you can get some fun, long fights out of it as long as the larger bunch doesn't just run round like headless chickens and tries to work as a team a bit. We've done guild runs of 2fg and had some great laughs playing against balanced, more serious groups - sometimes winning, sometimes not.

End of the day, gank groups like playing for fun like everyone else. They might not have the same idea of what's fun, but there's room in the game for all sorts of players.

RaiztliN

Fledgling Freddie
Haven't really played in gank squads since Conquest on Prydwen / Hib (Be 1½ years ago since we startet) ..
Still my best time of DAoC :) Always fun fighting 2fg of high RR ppl, when ur only medium RR ;) And Voice Comm. helps alot - might be the little thing that pushes it from playing daoc at normal level -> squads of bloodthirsty basts ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom