To all"savage is overpowered" whiners

O

old.Tzeentch

so, you don't think there's anything wrong with the savage? :]

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
so, you don't think there's anything wrong with the savage? :]

I think that mid _needs_ overpowered melee, when forced to face groups with overpowered realm abilities and classes

O

old.Tzeentch

Originally posted by old.Sko
I think that mid _needs_ overpowered melee, when forced to face groups with overpowered realm abilities.

So you agree it's overpowered.

Thread over.

Thanks for playing! :D

M

mac_kraakebolle

best defense + best offense coupeled with all the advantages of a hybrid tank and yet all the advantages of a heavy tank...

yeh, thats one balanced char you have there

P

parzi

Originally posted by old.anubis
ok, savages are overpowered

what should WE do?
stop invite them in groups or what?

sanya@mythicentertainment.com <== go feking there, bragging on this board wont do shit

agree...
now when i created my savage who savage showed below 20 ppl, and now its ~50. And now ppl call me a newb, and tell me that i should stfu and i suck coz im a overpowered savage. gotta love it. hope nerf inc soon, but 1,64 4,0 speed claws inc...
btw i hope nerf will not take away determination cause that will make savages totally worthless. a thane will be better than, cause when he gets rooted he can at least cast some spells, savage would just stand around, providing nothing to the grp and doing zero damage/interupts (after tauntshout is nerfed so that it does no longer interupt).

what could be done to bring them in line is that buffs take away % of buffed hp. then it would really hurt, and maybe nerf the buffs a bit too, or possibly remove dps buff completely.

summary:

Imho savages are overpowered, but pls stop posting bullshit whines :p

P

parzi

oh also , dont you think the more you whine and talk about it , the more fotm players will start a savage ?

and read melachi's post too, some good facts there. but melachi your missing óne things, first that it comes at the cost of lower weaponskill in the case of hth (not in case of 2h though, nerf that too).
imo what makes savages uber is mostly savagery line. savages get the selfbuff almost for free as they pay a percentage of base hp for it, which is nothing in a grp and buffed.

while quadhits may produce big hits that cause ppl to whine big time, the average swing per round is NOT higher than dualwield/cdw. this is proven through logs. but there seems to be a bug in tripple/quadhits, cause savages quad more than they triple which cant be right, that should be changed.

So what would i suggest to nerf ?

-make 2h weapskill similar to hth
-make selfbuffs take % of buffed hp
-make it so that selfbuffs take away life when they begin.
-fix the bug with more quads then tripples, but let hits per round stay the same as other dual wield
-remove the interupt from tauntshout
-maybe remove dps buff

if that is not enough (would need to be tested, think about popping 3 buffs takes away 27% of buffed hp right from the start, it would take away ~600 hp !) reduce efficency of selfbuffs.

if you think im making a good point post it on mythic dev board and try there to get them nerfed instead of whining around here and calling me a noskilled newb etc.

O

old.anubis

put it this way, would you rather we had the savage, in exchange for the chanter?

if there wasnt baod in other realms, yes
i would play in pbae group for sure, beeing it chanters or sms
ae stun rox :cool:

O

old.anubis

So you agree it's overpowered.

Thread over.

Thanks for playing! :D

i agreed with you
now lets close this thread and stop make others like this, ok?

B

bishibosh

could it be....... that mids in general and savages are lying to us saying that savage doesnt need a nerf simply because they all have savage mains/alts brewing and they too want to do 1300 and brag in grp chat? I'm prolly sooooo wrong here just pretend i said nothing seriously.

V

vesta

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
I love how ignorant the savages are.
Reminds me of zerkers and sb's when they ruled rvr...
"No, we are not overpowered"
"No, nothing wrong with 600hp hits"
"Lol, 1600hp hit on a caster was lucky, I normally hit for 1200 only"
Savage are retards who somehow manage to press 2 buttons now, instead of 1 like SB's and zerkers.
So I guess a slightly more evolved retard.
Regards, Glottis
¨

Idiot......

There is so much you dont know shit about in this game...

edited; i went too far...better not sink down to hes level....

H

horil

Truth is glottis don't know shit about this game, never played mid? :rolleyes:

Glottis rolled scout because they were good in beta :clap:

K

kirennia

overpowered, pure and simple. 20% less damage from relics wouldnt make enough of a difference when you get quad hit for 1400 dmg through chain by a low rr mid. Especially when you consider 2handed armsmen hit for around 400/500 a knock with very slow weapons.

H

Hestetun

Originally posted by Ithurts
U dont really see this kinda whine on the US boards...
Are the excal savages really that uber???

hell no they arent just that its mostley morons behind them playing. And that u mean that savages isent overpowerd just shows u got no idea about the game at all. Many in Mid agree that savages is owerpowerd tbh atleas what ive seen on IRC etc and m8

HF!!! owerpowerd Gimp!

Z

zapzap

So what do people want mids to lvl thanes ? berserkers ? hunters ? Sbs ? not much to pick from if u wanna group :/

Zapsi

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.anubis
if there wasnt baod in other realms, yes
i would play in pbae group for sure, beeing it chanters or sms
ae stun rox :cool:
AE stun lasts like 1-2 seconds on a tank with det (such as savage), then they unstun and pwn all your pbaes and support. :p

V

vesta

Mythic;.....just to keep wankers like Glottis and other random whinealot noobs out there happy, we fix mid totally since they are so overpowered that albs cant even when they are using their uber l337 skillz, their insane tactics(zerg) they still loose cuz of their stupidity......this goes for the noob hibs that cant play their classes correctly either....

So this is coming in a patch near you;

Healers; removed pac/mend/aug line totally!
Warriors; removed weaponskills
Thanes; hmmm on to next class...
SBs; removed CS/weapskill/stealth..
SMs; removed suppression/darkness lines
RMs; removed RC/dark/supp lines
Shaman; removed Aug/Cave lines
Savage; remove class from game
BD; whatever...
Hunter; removed spear/bow/stealth
Berserkers; removed hamster mode, and weapon skill
Skald; removed weapon skill and battlesongs.

But this is not enough, therefor we are removing all RAs from midgard, so the albs/hibs can consider themselves as gods in battle.

We are giving midgard a compensation tho.

ALL classes can now spec in broomstick line, this gives them as uber ability for cleaning jobs....

This has been tested on XXXXX server and it was a success...

There was a slight setback tho....

After a few months mids started to take back control.....they quickly learned how to stick the broomsticks up their enemies arses and still pwn em......

We do not know what to do next.....we are thinking of removing midgard totally from the game.....just to keep the skilless loosers happy....

E

elerand

Originally posted by kirennia
overpowered, pure and simple. 20% less damage from relics wouldnt make enough of a difference when you get quad hit for 1400 dmg through chain by a low rr mid. Especially when you consider 2handed armsmen hit for around 400/500 a knock with very slow weapons.

And this is partly the largest problem, mid has had a massive advantage with zerkers and savages both attacking VERY fast with comparable dmg to users of slow weapons.

Zerkers will be at the lvl of BM's soon, still good for something although savage is more attractive as they will be more like zerker pre-nerf.
Now what savages need isn't a change in their definition as a tank/hybrid but a balancing of dmg over time/front load.
Typically mythic would probably nerf dmg outright, I don't see anything wrong with savages hitting hard, on some occasions, just not as consistently as we see right now, it's a slap in the face to heavy tanks tbh when you can attack twice as fast for so much more dmg, tonight in an rvr grp a BM was quad hit 3 times in what basically amounted to 5 rounds.

Compared to this enchanters are mewling newborn kittens, stun is no defense, the pet might make a difference with the snare but in fg rvr that's not likely to be an issues, BAOD is no defense, MOC? Sorry but you need to be alive to use it and PBAOE :p

Maybe a dmg nerf IS called for on savages, I say leave frontloaded in the 2-h arena, without allowing haste to totally nerf fast 1-h attacks, dmg over time shouldn't even up over a 30 sec period, it should be a bit faster than that to allow for the rvr pace, it's bad scaling.

A haste/quick review and then an analysis of how that affects frontloaded dmg vs dmg over time would be a wonderful thing!

O

old.Sko

nerf baod/bof/sos first.
when hibs/albs are left without godmode, then we can talk. until then ...

D

Driwen

frontloading means you are going for slowest weapon and no quickness. H2H savages usually go for capped quickness and want to swing as fast as possible, they are definatly not frontloading in the sense of the definition. Off course if they start off with a quad then you have a nice first hit, but it could also be a single one. So dont really see how H2H savages are frontloading..

G

Garnet

To all"savage is overpowered" whiners die irl :>

K

katt!

Originally posted by Garnet
To all"savage is overpowered" whiners die irl :>

you are teh exception garnet. 50 dark savages suck :(

V

vintervargen

about the Zerker whines, you mids said they sacrifice defense for great dmg output.

savages sacrifices what?

V

vintervargen

nerf baod/bof/sos first.
when hibs/albs are left without godmode, then we can talk. until then ...

yeah, baod is what makes hibs win ever fight atm, rofl

O

old.Sko

Originally posted by vintervargen
yeah, baod is what makes hibs win ever fight atm, rofl
every time hibs without RAs == 100% dead hibs.
hibs with RAs - not decided outcome.
conclusion. overpowered melee is balanced with overpowered RAs.

O

old.Atrox

Originally posted by vintervargen
about the Zerker whines, you mids said they sacrifice defense for great dmg output.

savages sacrifices what?

hmm HP ?

V

vintervargen

every time hibs without RAs == 100% dead hibs.
hibs with RAs - not decided outcome.
conclusion. overpowered melee is balanced with overpowered RAs.

and insta ae stun?

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by old.Atrox
hmm HP ?

imo they seem to have at least close to 2k hp. and it doest really matter when you cant fucking hit them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom