To Albions

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
Pffft I tried but was useless without a buffbot :p

(And no comments about me being useless with one either... ;) )

And there is your problem, with the necessary buffs even you could probably do ok :p

Its not like groups are desperate for us anyway :rolleyes:

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Well the thread has gone off on a tangent but I'll give my views on the whole thing anyways...those who don't like long posts may wanna skip this post ;)

There has been a lot of talk of albion simply not caring about the frontier from mids especially, not only whilst we don't have the relics but whilst we do have them also. I'd firstly like to point people back to the time when we had the strength relics and midgard didn't. We could take keeps in their frontier quite happily without ever seeing a single defender. We were constantly taking 3-5 of their keeps before any defenders came out. I'm not condemning them for this, theres about as much point having those keeps as there is in having thidranki whilst you've got no relics. However we defended our keeps so well that they had to resort to alarm clock raids. The issue of spies was raised as an excuse but it's pretty damn obvious every realm has to address that point. Just don't bring so many people, yes this unfortunately includes guilds which you don't fully know yet, and the chance of spies is significantly reduced.

As for the power relic we 'acquired'... I wouldn't say it was a small number of people in the realm who didn't want it because we didn't earn it. Think back to the number of relic raids which were suggested as alarm clock raids and how little support they got since albion turned over a new leaf. And why was it there was no support? Because we didn't want something which we as a realm didn't earn. This is imo a similar situation and thus similar number of people probably thought that.

Another point is the number of relic raid leaders we have in the realm. I've been on several different ML, dragon, keep take etc raids where leaders of them have been better then adequet (sp) to lead a relic raid. Relic raids don't NEED a larger zerg then the average ML4 zerg and don't NEED weeks and weeks or planning. They just need a competent leader to pm guilds which are known to be able to field decently setup groups and to build a SPECIFIC zerg, not a random one to take to the relic keep.

As for the average joe who wants to lead one, you'll need two things to present to GMs of guilds if you want them to follow you.

1) To have previously shown that you can lead raids and not crack under pressure. There are a lot of fantastic FG or 2fg leaders who when the numbers grow, go too quiet to lead people and vice versa too.

2) To have a detailed plan. The less the number of raids you've led, the more detailed the plan needs to be.

Without these 2 things, you haven't proven you can actually do anything other then pm them to tell them to appear with rams. That is by far a very flawed tactic for taking the relics as we have seen from relic raids of old (none been done like that recently though).

Three examples I can think of where this has happened before where in fact the leaders hadn't shown the realm who they were but came up with good plans and so were followed.

Methos led a raid before he was lvl 50 I think?

I vaguely remember Lac pming GMs and asking for advice as well as presenting a plan before he was well known. Always better to ask for advice instead of not asking and loosing down to a simple flaw which could have been sorted in 5 seconds flat earlier :)

And edrillians raid. He was a lvl 35 paladin who pm'ed GMs and got support mainly through his enthusiasm imo :) But it worked and we bought all the relics back home that day if I remember correctly.

These 3 are great examples of people who showed their initiative before being well known so if anyone thinks you need to be mr.uber RR9+ GM of alliance with 20+ raids under your belt.....you're so wrong. :p

Am sure I've missed half the points I was gonna say but I'll add em later if I remember em.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
kirennia said:
And edrillians raid. He was a lvl 35 paladin who pm'ed GMs and got support mainly through his enthusiasm imo :) But it worked and we bought all the relics back home that day if I remember correctly.
Armsman, and that raid failed, regrettably. I was the driver to the relic keep, and we got there entirely unnoticed, however. The problem was lack of numbers.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Belomar said:
Armsman, and that raid failed, regrettably. I was the driver to the relic keep, and we got there entirely unnoticed, however. The problem was lack of numbers.

Was sure it was his raid for which I carried one of the relics home cause no1 would rush inside the relic keep to get it.....

.....now I'm just confused :(

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
that says it all... bunch of Rp horny fukkers the lot of you... Kudos to those who did turn up and defend... FO and roll another realm to those of you who didnt... the less of you in albion the better.
shush newbie

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:

Hmm, I thought that one was the one where there was confusion over the start time?

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
kirennia said:
These 3 are great examples of people who showed their initiative before being well known so if anyone thinks you need to be mr.uber RR9+ GM of alliance with 20+ raids under your belt.....you're so wrong. :p
Well... Things looked differently a few years back... U simply cant get the l33t g33ks to join a nobodys raid attempt...

Like in the beginning of the game, a m8 of mine (Stephen) and I spend a few hours every sunday to run around Salisbury Plains rezzing ppl, simply becuz we could... Game has changed, but the ppl has changed even more!

Moona

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
That's because you need to learn to walk before you learn to run. No one will follow a "no-name" simply because the stakes are too high--why invest hours of your precious time into an unknown quantity when it could just turn out to be a waste? Believe it or not, the well-known "names" started out from zero as well, and the way to gain trust and reputation is to work at it, beginning with your own guild. Start by organizing small-scale raids, keep retakes, PvE hunts, etc, and work from there. It's not rocket science.
muhahahaha
:m00: shit :clap:

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
Moona said:
muhahahaha
Hes right fyi and if u had the slightest clue you'd realise that. When i 1st started rring people supported me because i put the effort in and had a well thought out plan, with lots of maps etc.

Any one can organise a rr, all you have to do is show people what you plan to do in a well structured, thought through way, then get pming gms.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Moona said:
muhahahaha
Hmm, perhaps your new-found MMORPGs are not so fun as you make out them to be, since you seem to be spending an awful amount trolling DAoC forums and posting your supercilious comments? Also, would you care to enlighten me how you manage the conceptual leap of constantly dissing the DAoC community for its incessant whining, yet cannot seem to write a single FH post that is not a flame or a whine in itself?

It's actually funny how Moona is the first to attack the DAoC community for its whines, but if you take the time to check his posting history, all you will see are whines, whines, and more whines. Perhaps it is time you let go of DAoC?

On the subject of City of Heroes, you'd think this game was the best thing since sliced bread from reading your earlier posts on the subject, but according to this thread, you're already bored. How surprising. Yeah, yeah, you're just playing it while waiting for WoW to come out--how original. Someone who has played 10 MMORPGs should know better than to trust in an upcoming online game release; there will always be a prodigal WoW release to wait for on the horizon.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Herbal said:
Hes right fyi and if u had the slightest clue you'd realise that. When i 1st started rring people supported me because i put the effort in and had a well thought out plan, with lots of maps etc.

Any one can organise a rr, all you have to do is show people what you plan to do in a well structured, thought through way, then get pming gms.
Well, isnt that a load of BS !?!!

A rr was planned yesterday... Led by some1 from LoD... Ppl had signed up... Guess who wont show, cuz they r doing a ML hunt... FC of cuz! The l33t g33ks!!! So there we were... w8ing... for over an hour!!! (those of us who showed the respect to come ealier w8ed even more)

I donno about the rest of u, but when i commit to something (even in a game) i try my very best to keep my promise! If it was becuz FC ppl had RL issues to deal with, then ok, i can understand that... but when they committet to come along, and dont show up BECUZ THE LAME RETARDS R DOING SOMETHING ELSE IN THE GAME that fooking gets me upset!!! They might as well piss in the face of those who showed and laugh while doing it!

So tell me... Am I all wrong that planning a RR and trying to get l33t g33k r3t4rd5 to come along is hard - almost impossible - unless ur "one of the gang" urself ?!? I surely think so after that stunt yesterday!

FC (those of u who promised u would show up) im not even the sligtest surpriced of ur actions... But still Id like to point out: u sook! (cant w8 till 1.69 when radar dont work and ppl will see how poor players they rly r!)

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Meduza said:

A rr was planned yesterday... Led by some1 from LoD... Ppl had signed up... Guess who wont show, cuz they r doing a ML hunt... FC of cuz! The l33t g33ks!!! So there we were... w8ing... for over an hour!!! (those of us who showed the respect to come ealier w8ed even more)

I donno about the rest of u, but when i commit to something (even in a game) i try my very best to keep my promise! If it was becuz FC ppl had RL issues to deal with, then ok, i can understand that... but when they committet to come along, and dont show up BECUZ THE LAME RETARDS R DOING SOMETHING ELSE IN THE GAME that fooking gets me upset!!! They might as well piss in the face of those who showed and laugh while doing it!

So tell me... Am I all wrong that planning a RR and trying to get l33t g33k r3t4rd5 to come along is hard - almost impossible - unless ur "one of the gang" urself ?!? I surely think so after that stunt yesterday!

FC (those of u who promised u would show up) im not even the sligtest surpriced of ur actions... But still Id like to point out: u sook! (cant w8 till 1.69 when radar dont work and ppl will see how poor players they rly r!)
SO, your condemming all the so called "l33t" guilds of Albion by the actions of 1 guild?

If I were to do a RR I think the first thing I would do is cut a wee bit of fat into the plan, the bottom line is that if people dont turn up for RR's after supposedly given some form of commitment they do not get invited to the next or are completed excluded from anything that involves Realm offence or defence.

I have been on many RR's and RR defences for that matter, my guild always showed where they needed to be be, its not hard to organise, its a bit like people that are invited to a party and agree, then they go to another party instead, they dont get invited again simple as that.

As for suggesting people use radar because they dont come that RR, you really should stop doing so many drugs.

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
Meduza said:

A rr was planned yesterday... Led by some1 from LoD...

FYI you ended up at Grallar and not Mjollnir... :m00: Otherwise your RR attempt was Superb!!!

Arindra

Fledgling Freddie
Meduza said:
So tell me... Am I all wrong that planning a RR and trying to get l33t g33k r3t4rd5 to come along is hard

Yes, you are wrong, because it's been done. Repeatedly.

It's fair to say it's been done less recently. Mostly becuase very few people have been willing to try recently.

And there's nothing wrong with people not being willing to try - we all have lives to lead etc. I just wish people who aren't willing to try to run the damn raids, would stop moaning about not having any bloody relics.

Aussie

Banned
Meduza said:

you have no idea how stupid you look now.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Meduza said:

Sorry but that really is wrong. It wasn't just FC who didn't show, in fact, it was members of every guild invited as it seemed that there were 2 RRs planned for the same day. There were also other circumstances for it that I wont go into here but it really wasn't FCs fault...

Urme the Legend said:
FYI you ended up at Grallar and not Mjollnir... :m00: Otherwise your RR attempt was Superb!!!

That was a different raid. The one I was gonna be leading didn't set off due to lack of numbers.

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
I dont rly care... I just saw a chance of flaming the l33t g33ks and I grapped it!

And FC has always been like that... Fools, that is! (Ohh, and they WERE the only one u mentioned while I was flaming /BG ;) )

Gorre

Fledgling Freddie
Meduza said:
I dont rly care... I just saw a chance of flaming the l33t g33ks and I grapped it!

And FC has always been like that... Fools, that is! (Ohh, and they WERE the only one u mentioned while I was flaming /BG ;) )
its your lucky day today
isn't it!

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Meduza said:

Nah, I mentioned that they'd soon be inc with 1fg cause that was what I was told but that still would have made just about 3fg...and that seriously isn't enough for a relic raid, is it :p Thas why I called it off b4 they even showed up.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
:flame:

Meduza doesn't change i see... theres a good explaination but i cba to go into here because i dont give a fuck what pricks like Meduza say or think.

Zzzz.

Karnat

Fledgling Freddie
Meduza said:

Farming a lil bit posts i see? :fluffle:
Or had a bad hair day? :wub:

And yeah u right bout one thing u grapped the chance 2 flame FC ohh boy and how u grabbed it m8 :clap:

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Meduza said:

Care to rephrase those comments now perhaps? :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom