Athalas

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
ohGod.jpg

lol

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
Edit: Bracken, your entitled to your opinion but may i remind you the pixels you are "helping" gank are in fact shock horror another person irl. I personally wont add even if it means my realm mate is going to die as a stealther. They chose to roll the class, they chose to solo, so they chose to embark on 1v1's and i have no respect for people who will pop someone then run off to their nearest realm mate screaming "help me". However that is not the same as someone asking for help because they are outnumbered, if i can i will help.
If you didnt want to solo, don't run around solo

I agree with 99% of your post except (of course) this bit :p The "other person irl" bit applies both ways. You are working on the basis that every 1v1 is perfectly balanced and fair with both parties mutually agreeing to fight, when the reality is it often ain't. Generally (and I know there are exceptions) the people who ask for help aren't the ones you describe (i.e. they pop an enemy then run for help when it goes wrong). It's often an imbalanced fight between imbalanced classes/rrs/set ups. Personally I'll never ask for help, but if someone asks me then then I'm not going to give them a big "FU it's your own fault" response out of some flawed ideal. The next step in the logic that if you lose it's your own fault is that everyone should roll a warlock.

Like I said, if everyone took that attitude throughout the game you'd not have got half your mls, levels or artis. They could have just said "Your fault you didn't roll a necro". I know it's not cool to give preference to your realm mates, but people have very short memories of how they got to the position they are in to be able to win their "fair" fights.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
"Treat others like you would like to be treated" works fine for adding, too. I hardly solo or lead group anymore so I'm not usually the one making the call, but when it's up to me I prefer to give everyone a chance.

If someone (group/individual) adds on "my" fights, I take it as he prefers to get added on and try to return the favour in the future.

And if you necessarily have to take RL in the question... instead of comparing the game to a war, imo its better to remember that your in-game "enemies" are real people who are trying to have fun as well.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Yeh....another shit adding thread. lol...incredible.
Anyways, a thing the non adding side forget in the discussion is this. Alot of the people that have that policy claims its an honorable thing and for respect etc. And that people that adds on them dont respect that...then hmm...its one thing that doesnt fit at all. if a guy they never seen before and that they cant claim added on them before and therfor doesnt deserve any retribution for that, is in a fight and he very much need help ,the "leet" guy will just stand by cause its his policy. Well thats as discrespectfull as it can get imo. Respect isnt just one way or the high way, or as some people says its gonna be. If a guy needs help and you dont help him out ur pissing him in the face...and shows that you only respect the people that think a like. And shows you are afraid and unsecure and that you cant adapt to a situasion or step outside of ur false high ideals for a sec and see whats right:) Im sorry but thats what it is.
And im not saying it implies to every situasion...as i know the leet bois all have a revenge list which 70% or more of the population is on. And all those can be justified to not help:p
But i know you guys have a policy of not helping anyone....so the thing im adressing here is quite valid. Just think about it for a second before you pick up ur banner and go to counter attack:)
over and out..

Not enough hatred in this thread to make an intersting discussion.

When adding on someone you make them feel like "whatever I do is pointless", in DAoC nummbers > skills, items, experiance and realmrank. Newbies zerg ppl b/c they lack these elements states above. When seeing a "highly respected and reconed" guild chase a solo person 8 vs 1, using multiple actives to catch him it's laughable. You can't talk abuot revenge here, it's greifing and rp horny. And the ones who try to justify it by saying "Well, that scout/infil/sb/hunter added on our fight" then you group ain't all that if they can't handle one or two adds during a fight - remb it's not OF where you had less 'i-win' abils and instants to turn the battle with.

FGs that add and chase soloers r worse then the baboons that run 2 fg on stick and add on other ppls 8v8 fights.
Then ofc it's thier choice to do so, but if you expect ppl to not care, or not speak thier minds then you can kindly fuck off to some other game with ur "twisted" view on fair fights.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Then ofc it's thier choice to do so, but if you expect ppl to not care, or not speak thier minds then you can kindly fuck off to some other game with ur "twisted" view on fair fights.

Not sure if you meant it that way but it summed up my thoughts about the people that yell "don't add" perfectly.

If you don't want adds don't go RvR - try a task dungeon - you don't even get respawns there.

Fifta

Fledgling Freddie
add on rp add on rp add on rp diidudiidu add on rp add on rp add on rp diiduidduu

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
AddJustifier v.1.0 :
Select your excuse

1) I add because it is roleplaying to add on everything and all of a sudden I care about the roleplay aspect of the game.

2) I add because it is only a game, the fact that there are other people you are playing against means nothing.

3) I add because I am entitled to! And of course, If I can, I have to.

4) I add because it is my playstyle!

5) I add because I hate the people who dont add

6) I add to show how little I care, and because the no-care attitude r0x.

7) I add for leet RP

8) I am a Warlock and don't understand this post.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
AddJustifier v.1.0 :
Select your excuse

a) I dont add because it is roleplaying to dont add on everything and all of a sudden I care about the roleplay aspect of the game.

b) I dont add because it is only a game, the fact that there are other people you are playing against means nothing.

c) I dont add because I am entitled to! And of course, If I can, I have to.

d) I dont add because it is my playstyle!

e) I dont add because I hate the people who dont add

f) I dont add to show how little I care, and because the no-care attitude r0x.

g) I dont add for recpect of my leet bretheren

h) I am a Warlock and don't understand this post.

works like this also...amazing:p

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Flimgoblin said:
Not sure if you meant it that way but it summed up my thoughts about the people that yell "don't add" perfectly.

If you don't want adds don't go RvR - try a task dungeon - you don't even get respawns there.

Really, what's the fun on outskilling ppl 3 vs 1 giving the solo no chance to win EVER? I can understand 2 rr3 ppl bashing an rr6 one, but when i see some sad rr8 duo or trio going round i just feel for em.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
Add if you want, but as you know its a real person who you are adding on and real persons have feelings, some are better at controlling them and some are worse. Personally I dont care THAT much if a solo guy adds on us, but if its an another fg that claims to be, for a lack of better word, leet/gank/fg fight-group who think they are "in" the fg-scene that adds and later on act like they dont, or they are "serious" about fg fights, then its just pure bullshit and they lose respect, whatever that is worth anyway.

Muldini

Loyal Freddie
add on me, i add on you, dont add on me, i dont add on you .... aint that hard :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Gahn said:
Really, what's the fun on outskilling ppl 3 vs 1 giving the solo no chance to win EVER? I can understand 2 rr3 ppl bashing an rr6 one, but when i see some sad rr8 duo or trio going round i just feel for em.

get a trio and kill them ;)

well that'd be sensible - my usual tactic is "die faster" ;) or sometimes "go somewhere else".

This isn't a 1v1 game - you shouldn't expect anyone else to respect any rules or restrictions YOU place on it - it's an RvR game.

You can solo in it - you can do quite well sometimes, but you've no right to whine/complain at anyone else for playing the game.
It's about as sensible as complaining about everyone else using level 51 weapons when you went out with a starter training axe. Or that level 50 chars keep killing your level 45 when you go RvR, or that people keep taking the towers of your keep you were wanting to port to. Or that the enemy kill you rather than sitting down and letting you collect the RP coins :) (hrm wonder if there are power pills in daoc.. turns you into a warlock for 5 minutes)

Yeah these things get annoying but it's not _their_ fault you didn't bring two friends as well. The game isn't built to be fair in every situation, it's meant to be an ever changing online world - not a sports league.

illu

Part of the furniture
I think sub RR5 - tbh no one gives a toss whether you add or not. You need to make RPs, so do what you like.

Classes like warlocks/nuker-casters/archers HAVE to add because that is what their class does, they kill from range so I am never surprised when I see them zapping or pinging arrows into people.

I think most people look for "fair" fights. 1on1's are relatively fair-ish, bearing in mind the game mechanics/classes are totally different. Of course a high RR will tend to kill a low RR, because they have more tools/RAs.

Reasons not to add:
Someone has shown you mercy in the past/they are an enemy friend
FG v FG (and each FG will remember if you took down their healer mid fight :>)
Even numbers-ish 1on1 2on2 4on3 8on8

Reasons to add:
The person is a caster/archer
The person you attack is adding on an even fight
The fight is unbalanced eg. 3on1
The person getting killed /y for help
You need the RP.

That kind of thing.

At the end of the day, it is a game, people do what they want to do. I'm quite lucky in that I don't seem to get steamrolled that often. I don't know if that is because I avoid areas where people are zerging or simply because I have purge+vanish :> Or maybe people feel sorry for me for playing a liddul kobbie sb. I know there are a lot of kobbie lovers out there :>

Also it's scary how many people play multiple toons! If you are mean to one toon, expect them to be mean to you on another toon (not that I've been mean :>).

Oli - Illu

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Eleasias said:
Add if you want, but as you know its a real person who you are adding on and real persons have feelings, some are better at controlling them and some are worse. Personally I dont care THAT much if a solo guy adds on us, but if its an another fg that claims to be, for a lack of better word, leet/gank/fg fight-group who think they are "in" the fg-scene that adds and later on act like they dont, or they are "serious" about fg fights, then its just pure bullshit and they lose respect, whatever that is worth anyway.

indeed - hypocrisy is terribly annoying ;) which is my main beef with the people yelling "don't add" since almost all of them whining have done plenty of it in the past, even if they've changed their tune these days.

for what it's worth (and since everyone else seems to be posting a list):

Reasons to add:
Feel like it.

Reasons to not add:
Feel like it.

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
I'll usually leave 1v1s alone, unless someone asks for help. For no other reason than the chances are that at some point over the last 4 years I will have levelled/ml'd/arti'd with them (i.e. was glad to accept their help) - so to turn round and say "yeah I know we've probably played together before but it's your own fault you're losing" would be a ***** trick. Seeing as I needed "help" to get through the pve side I'm not going to turn my nose up at someone asking for help in rvr.

But it's a zero-sum game for PvE, Bracken. Chances are at some point in the last 4 years they have been helped by you to level/ml/arti. Neither party really owes the other anything.

Conversely, the chances are that you have NOT helped or accepted the help of someone in an opposing realm that you meet in RvR. Therefore, you have the opportunity to initiate a relationship in one direction or the other when you choose to add or not (please note that I make no judgement on whether adding is good or bad).

If you are interested in increasing the sense of community and respectful behaviour in this game, your primary obligation is actually towards those in other realms.

I'm not criticising your playstyle (I'm 100% of the belief that people should and will play however the hell they like), just pointing out an alternative interpretation of the facts! ;)

PS. Thanks for the help leveling/ml'ing/arti'ing over the last four years. :cheers:

Saveus

Fledgling Freddie
Effendor said:
I'm sure there has probably been 100 posts on this subject. I've run in lots of groups, random and guest in guild groups. I've run solo unbuffed a lot of the time, especially in old frontiers. Some groups would wave, when grouped and fighting some enemies would turn around and leave us to it. The vast majority of the time They would gank/add. Quite frankly I do the same. "Add and be added upon" a bard friend of mine Ortunga once said. These are realm wars, I recon you should just /rude people that whine about you adding, or /rofl. looking around at the start of a fight to make sure you're not adding has wound up in a group wipe on several occasions. After all the enemies fighting you're not adding on don't know you're not adding. There mates they may have just called for help won't know you're not adding either. Hassle Mythic to introduce a kind of fg vs fg instance if you don't want a realm war.

ure outfit is just so ugly thats why i kill you

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Flimgoblin said:

well that'd be sensible - my usual tactic is "die faster" ;) or sometimes "go somewhere else".

This isn't a 1v1 game - you shouldn't expect anyone else to respect any rules or restrictions YOU place on it - it's an RvR game.

You can solo in it - you can do quite well sometimes, but you've no right to whine/complain at anyone else for playing the game.
It's about as sensible as complaining about everyone else using level 51 weapons when you went out with a starter training axe. Or that level 50 chars keep killing your level 45 when you go RvR, or that people keep taking the towers of your keep you were wanting to port to. Or that the enemy kill you rather than sitting down and letting you collect the RP coins :) (hrm wonder if there are power pills in daoc.. turns you into a warlock for 5 minutes)

Yeah these things get annoying but it's not _their_ fault you didn't bring two friends as well. The game isn't built to be fair in every situation, it's meant to be an ever changing online world - not a sports league.

Tbh the game is what the community makes of it, so u can gather your trio of friends and go find somewhat a challenge instead of pincushion, double stun and lt to death a poor sod who wanted to have fun like u but in a different manner^^
Not all ppl wants to group, not all ppl has time to log in and search some1, not all ppl has the chance to fix a timetable with other ppl and group up (and i was in the receiving end of gank groups in Old Emain, in a somewhat fixed group myself and in between and now on the Solo Career so u can bare with me that my point of view ain't biased).
I don't find anything wrong in trying to set some sort of honorable way to deal things in game to make it better for every1.
Sry but i find your way of getting things a bit short sighted in regards of the overall health of game, the more ppl gets pissed off, the shorter this game will be healty imo.

pip

Banned
If you see a 1v1 let your realm mate die then you kill for nice rp:) If looks like mid is winning ADD for not so good rp :) Only joking ofc:eek7:

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
A lot of this has been said but my point of view:

Everybody has payed their subs and can play the game any way they whant.
Adding is a part of the game and many people chose to do so in different forms. As said earlier in thread, it has a "down side" in form of a negative reputation.

I personly GLADLY add on FG vs FG "the holy forbidden fair fights" if the FGs have steamrolled me earlier. Steamrolling is also a part of the game and completly natural for enemies to kill an enemy. So no "leet-kid mode" from me

I also try avoiding adding on 1 vs 1 because i am a soloer my self and like 1 vs 1, but i DONT turn on the "leet-kid mode" and QQ PM to realm mates or post QQ threads to enemies.

I may have added and made people frustrated and appolagise to them who have not steamrolled me or anything, but i can say that i have NEVER turned the "leet-kid mode" on, I feel sorry for the people witch have to whine for a single add at brynja bridge. Its just a game!!

And the funniest thing is that peole who add in smal dozes like my self at the right "moments" (revenging steamrolling etc) send QQ PMs. Realy imature imo.

And btw people who have seen 1001 "adding threads" u dont have to read them :p. Pesonly i havnt seen that many (only 30+) but i still enjoy them, funny to see how other people think

Chance

Loyal Freddie
pip said:
If you see a 1v1 let your realm mate die then you kill for nice rp:) If looks like mid is winning ADD for not so good rp :) Only joking ofc:eek7:

aint that what we always do:worthy:

pip

Banned
Chance said:
aint that what we always do:worthy:
I'm going home to kick your mother in the butt ain't no way you sprung from my loins:twak:

Hrymf

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

So, you are actually stating that noone, noone at all! can complain about others ingame? Yet you complain about the people backing up the non adding playstyle and you tell us all what we can do and cannot....

Its ironic that you are trying to talk down to us instead of sharing your opinion, you may have a certain godlike status on forums, but you got nothing even near that ingame, and telling people what they cant do just to do it your self is really low.

Hrymf

Fledgling Freddie
toxii said:
hats of to your post, however :

do you get replies of the "/y FOAD" or "/y FUCK OFF" type when you whine to people about adding?
or also ironic style of replies like "ooops we didnt see you" , or then again someone playing in a pug and claiming he cant control the pug altho the damn grp is almost over rr8+, thats a live example of what was happening permanently last night with a certain grp, even announced on irc "that we will be in that zone, and we cant help not adding cos we are pug" :D
still , we get those kinds of replies from a lot of people, yet we are called zergers when we take tower ,with 36hibs inside, with 3 other alb groups right outside of bolg xd

toxii zerger © by madition :D

Oh and Toxii, i often tell people not to add or such, and if its Llaw Arian i dont mind using a rather unpleasent word choise either when they add.

Flimgoblin said:

Flim, once again all ur talking about is the fact IT IS NOT a 1v1 game. I think most ppl knew that when they bought it. Its not ONLY a 1v1 game. But that doesn't exclude the fact that you can 1v1 in this game. And if someone adds on my 1v1 ill get pissed off and ill maybe whine, yell or curse at the person, that is my right as mutch as it is his right to ruin my fights.

If you tired of the whine, don't add, if you don't care then take the whine as a man - and no iam not talkning about you now, but the ppl that think like you.
I do no like ppl outnummbering me when they have the choice not to.
I do no like ppl who go on the forums bragging about how l33t they are, making grats threads to rub eachothers backs and bascially bragging about thier success in the game as high realm ranks - how they obtained it doesn't matter for them. They fight with no honour and no sence of decensy ( imo ) then expect respect and acknowlagement.
I do no like ppl who in a FG set off to chase soloers b/c they are bored, when you create a 8man 10am in the morning then your not there to have challenging and exciting fights but to grief and ruin other ppls ingame time. Then ofc that could be called fun, but iam sure a serialkiller that rapes and murders could come up with a simular reason to his actions. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to.

Despite my view on this things iam fully aware of that ppl can do what they want and when they want, but they shall not expect others to be quiet and just take it in the ass, b/c we will not. We will be angry, we will whine and we will make threads simular to this until they stop.

pip

Banned
Matriarch|Sneakers said:
Flim, once again all ur talking about is the fact IT IS NOT a 1v1 game. I think most ppl knew that when they bought it. Its not ONLY a 1v1 game. But that doesn't exclude the fact that you can 1v1 in this game. And if someone adds on my 1v1 ill get pissed off and ill maybe whine, yell or curse at the person, that is my right as mutch as it is his right to ruin my fights.

If you tired of the whine, don't add, if you don't care then take the whine as a man - and no iam not talkning about you now, but the ppl that think like you.
I do no like ppl outnummbering me when they have the choice not to.
I do no like ppl who go on the forums bragging about how l33t they are, making grats threads to rub eachothers backs and bascially bragging about thier success in the game as high realm ranks - how they obtained it doesn't matter for them. They fight with no honour and no sence of decensy ( imo ) then expect respect and acknowlagement.
I do no like ppl who in a FG set off to chase soloers b/c they are bored, when you create a 8man 10am in the morning then your not there to have challenging and exciting fights but to grief and ruin other ppls ingame time. Then ofc that could be called fun, but iam sure a serialkiller that rapes and murders could come up with a simular reason to his actions. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to.

Despite my view on this things iam fully aware of that ppl can do what they want and when they want, but they shall not expect others to be quiet and just take it in the ass, b/c we will not. We will be angry, we will whine and we will make threads simular to this until they stop.
Why bother to get stressed over a game?If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen imo just a little jumped up kid reply:twak: Dust your self down get on with it maybe we don't all want to read whine posts

pip said:
Why bother to get stressed over a game?If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen imo just a little jumped up kid reply:twak: Dust your self down get on with it maybe we don't all want to read whine posts

hi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom