TLW Sidi raids

H

hangianix

Originally posted by uma_thurman
OK then join the TLW raids. Problem solved.

Erm, R O F L !? Why should they join to TLW? Only problem what GoP alliance made, that they didn't advertise on BW their alliance raid plan.

If a guild/alliance strong/big enough to raid Sidi alone and they want to do it, then why should they join to others? If no one there, they can do it anytime and tbh I can't understand why hurt anyone if there are raids independent from TLW?!

I think the method what TLW worked out is fair, tho personally it reminds me a bit of communism (only the communist party can organise things, all of the items belongs to the party (ppl, country, realm - whatever they call), if you do against these rules you are a imperialist "schweinehund" :p).

So in short again: Loads of ppl like the TLW raids, fine, go and attend them, really nice that ppl can get the items they want with some raids without real arguments about lotto.

Some guilds like to make their own raid (or just some friends make a 1fg raid), it's 100% acceptable.

L

Lorath

GoP - Alliance
TLW - Free for all ( only 50's can roll for loot )

Right?

When knowing that TLW have been raiding those days / times for a couple of months, you still take that day because if fits _you_

Wonder why I find it selfish..

Never mind, just find the comments from some people here rude and wrong

T

Turamber

Originally posted by Lorath
When knowing that TLW have been raiding those days / times for a couple of months, you still take that day because if fits _you_

Wonder why I find it selfish..

Read Yussef's post where he says that they *haven't* raided for a couple of months. No guild can claim ownership of a dungeon, don't be so stupid.

L

Lorath

Arrogant

ps. read my earlier posts, perhaps the whole thread.

K

Krissy

Reminds me of the good old Llyn Barf days.

PPL always use to "claim" it but others still raided it.

Would of thought u ppl would of learnt by now, cant claim anywhere no matter how much its "for the realm" (load of shit lol, cant raid it alone and want items for urself, so get others to help, end off.)

GoP alliance did nothing wrong so stop ur whining.

U

uma_thurman

Ppl are missing the point - TLW never claimed it.

The problem is that TLW have a very well publicised Sidi raid date - then other decide to organise a raid starting one hour earlier. Plain selfish considering TLW welcomes all.

F

Flesh

Ppl are missing the point - TLW never claimed it.

The problem is that TLW have a very well publicised Sidi raid date - then other decide to organise a raid starting one hour earlier. Plain selfish considering TLW welcomes all.
For a start as has been mentioned TLW stopped raiding a long time ago when all the raid leaders moved house/went on holiday, since they stopped people have been running 1fg/alliance sidi raids all the time. About 2 weeks ago when TLW tried doing raids again, the leader relied on people just showing up, it hadn't been publicised and I think at least 2 raids didn't go ahead due to lack of numbers. This raid was publicised 2 hours before the meeting time. Hardly good punlicity.

J

Jenkz

not everyone reads BarryWhine, and even those who do may not read TLW sidi threads.

as the GoP alliance representatives have said already, they will try and avoid clashing as much as possible, but sometimes it will be inevitable.

it's just the random alb newbs flaming GoP alliance - because they didnt get their +10 mod on friday. boohoo. in the mean time an alliance raid of 35 ppl seems to have fun, grown together, and got some decent items. i think an alliance bonding like that is better for the realm than a few whingers on BW not getting their "itamz".

U

uma_thurman

Originally posted by Krissy
GoP alliance did nothing wrong so stop ur whining.

I never brought this up before but I will now.

When I was in Flesh's guild Alpha Company he organised a raid and publicised well in advance on the boards:

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=71198

On the day, my friar got a PM 45 mins before our raid from a GoP member saying that they were raiding now. So this person knew about our raid and yet piled in there anyway. Do you think that is right?

The justification was "oh we announced our raid on our forums". Huh? Not everyone is in that alliance.

There was a happy ending. I asked the guy to use his common sense and join us to raid together. They did and it worked out really well, as we killed the Host and got to final room. The raid was a success in the end and everyone was happy.

So I tell you what gets me: TLW welcome ALL to raid, but it is not reciprocated. That to me is WRONG. We can all raid together.

I think the REAL reason is the some people have no MODS.

F

Flesh

Originally posted by Jenkz
i think an alliance bonding like that is better for the realm than a few whingers on BW not getting their "itamz".
It's spelt Itams you illiterate fool. :( 1!1!1!1!!!11!

U

uma_thurman

Originally posted by Jenkz
not everyone reads BarryWhine, and even those who do may not read TLW sidi threads.

That's true, but I bet more read BW than the GOP forums.

Besides, you cannot say anyone in that alliance never knew about TLW raids.

Raid together and end this thread.

F

Flesh

Yes I was gunna pile in there and zerg them ! \o/
But mines was a one off raid, not a "I want sidi every xxxday for the next 10 years" and I'd posted like 2 weeks in advance, not 50 mins in advance, and I'd bumped it sufficiently and regularly as I'd planned it for a while. In the end we joined up with GoP and had fun :x

K

Krissy

So I tell you what gets me: TLW welcome ALL to raid, but it is not reciprocated. That to me is WRONG. We can all raid together.

I think the REAL reason is the some people have no MODS.

Some ppl dont like to go on raids where loot disapears, nor where they have to use mods for items, more so when many ppl dont want to go to a TLW raid for a mod that can take several weeks to buildup for an item, which if u need a mod that large many others will have larger mods than u so no item for them.

TLW do not welcome all, they have complete control, they can do as they please and do so as shown in multi threads, ppl like there alliances, they can speak out and get injustices rectified etc without risk of being dispelled etc.

PPL dont care about the dam mods, they wanted to do an alliance raid they did it. it clashed with an exsisting "for the realm" event (i say again, what aload of shit), it dont matter much does it? they wont be there all the time, u can go sidi whenever u want, organise a group, go on the monday raids, go on the other 3 fridays a month (might even be all 4 fridays)

You wanted items, u never got them. others did, there raid pleased many ppl. so in effect they strengthed there alliance and pleased lots of ppl, sounds like a more clausable "for the realm" event to me.

S

Sagba

On the day, my friar got a PM 45 mins before our raid from a GoP member saying that they were raiding now. So this person knew about our raid and yet piled in there anyway. Do you think that is right?
GoP had planned that raid for a week or so. I pointed out Flesh's thread, we decided to go there as a guild and clear the entrance mobs and join the Sidi force. I wasn't there, but this is what happened tho?

S

Sagba

Raid together and end this thread.
Agree, if GoP/Alliance have to raid some Monday/Friday they may aswell join TLW raid and do their own raids other day.

K

Krissy

You wanted items, u never got them. others did, there raid pleased many ppl. so in effect they strengthed there alliance and pleased lots of ppl, sounds like a more clausable "for the realm" event to me.

Originally posted by Lorath
GoP - Alliance
TLW - Free for all ( only 50's can roll for loot )

Alliance strengthening = good for the realm!

GO ALLIANCES

L

Lorath

Krissy, if you don't like my opinions. keep it for yourself or reply in a more mature way IMO!

"what a load of shit"

Withdrawing

GO TOGETHER!

F

Flesh

Originally posted by Sagba
GoP had planned that raid for a week or so. I pointed out Flesh's thread, we decided to go there as a guild and clear the entrance mobs and join the Sidi force. I wasn't there, but this is what happened tho?
Don't drag my raid into this entangled web of bullshit ! :p
On my raid, we joined with GoP and we got to horsemen, but they were bugged, but we killed host and got 9 drops off him, and I thought of the raid as a success.

K

Krissy

i have nothing against ur opinion, i just have adiffernt one.

PPL are making out like TLW raids are are "for the realm" and more important, but there failing to realise that an alliance is much more of a "for the realm" and is by far more important imo.

X

Xeanor

TLW raids aren't "for the realm", it's organised by volunteers willing to do loads and loads of work by leading random zergs and doing this entire lootsystem, imo that is very good-hearted and you should really respect them rather than laughing at them.

They don't pre-claim any drops nor ask anything extra for all their work, while guilds most likely just sell the leftover items, etc.

F

Flesh

Don't forget equiping Blaen's inf with 2 sidi swords and a bp, so he can kill hunter's!
That's definately to help the realm! :x

E

Ezeine

TLW do not welcome all, they have complete control, they can do as they please and do so as shown in multi threads, ppl like there alliances, they can speak out and get injustices rectified etc without risk of being dispelled etc.

How is this a bad thing then ? Raid is more succesful with better zergcontrol imo. And about TLW raids seeming like communism, ROFL.

E

Ezeine

Originally posted by Flesh
Don't forget equiping Blaen's inf with 2 sidi swords and a bp, so he can kill hunter's!
That's definately to help the realm! :x

How is your itemhogging helping the realm then ? :p

P

- Pathfinder -

but there failing to realise that an alliance is much more of a "for the realm" and is by far more important imo.

You're failing to realise that the people stating their opinion on this are not TLW at all.

We do not need an Excalibur style flamefest over Sidi; people will always have different ideas on how things should be done, and since we're all paying a subscription fee we're all equally entitled to Sidi. I didn't mind much not going to Sidi myself, but the people who had gathered for the raid felt let down, for obvious reasons. Hopefully we'll avoid a similar situation in the future.

As for you Najwa, you're welcome to believe what you want. I'm sorry you took the fact that I didn't want to sell you Sidi drops like that, but you'll have to live with it.

F

Flesh

Maybe you didn't want it slipping out, but when Yussef played your inf, he had the 2 blue lightsabre sidi swords equipped and an inf bp equipped on Falconer, and when I asked him about them he said he'd been on holiday and didn't know where'd you'd got them from.
Have some screenies somewhere I think of your character equipped with them, maybe then you'll care to shed some light on how you got them. Not that that's necessary since it's obvious you "borrowed" them from the shop.

F

Flesh

Originally posted by Ezeine
How is your itemhogging helping the realm then ? :p
People go on TLW raids under the impression that the excess items are put into storage and lotto'd/bought/sold with mod later.

I made whatever rules I had clear on each of the few raids I've done. And yes, I still have a fuck load of unused crap in my vault. :x

Y

Yussef

Heh, communism.

Lets look it this way.

Random person comes on a raid and wins an item, he sells it later on for a nice amount of cash. Do you want Sidi items to be in the hands of the richest people with cash? You can argue that a modifier produces the same effect, however, some classes cannot earn as much cash as others, relying on groups/DF access etc, or no access to metalworking.

A modifier is easier to earn, providing you have the time. The more people who turn up to these raids, the more productive it becomes. As you inserting less time, for the same modifier.

We allow item trading and "selling" (Dependant on winning date), all what we are doing is - TO ENSURE PEOPLE USE WHAT THEY WIN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE - have a look at Alb/Mid Excal and all the sell threads. Alb/Hib/Mid Prydwen + Hib/Excal have used/still use a modifier system.

Last night was fucking amusing. GoP alliance went to Sidi as people are aware. I received a message mid raid, about someone enquiring about the shop. His words were "Hi, I might have xxx item to trade in for xxx item". I enquired how he -might- have this item to trade in. He says "I haven't won it yet".

That cracked me up, people hijacked the raid, then wanted to trade in an item he did not even have any intent of using for surplus items. Sigh is all I can say.

L

Lorath

Sure alliance raids are nice

Just share and allow others to raid as well, that aint a part of a big alliance

U

uma_thurman

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -
You're failing to realise that the people stating their opinion on this are not TLW at all.

We do not need an Excalibur style flamefest over Sidi; people will always have different ideas on how things should be done, and since we're all paying a subscription fee we're all equally entitled to Sidi. I didn't mind much not going to Sidi myself, but the people who had gathered for the raid felt let down, for obvious reasons. Hopefully we'll avoid a similar situation in the future.

As for you Najwa, you're welcome to believe what you want. I'm sorry you took the fact that I didn't want to sell you Sidi drops like that, but you'll have to live with it.

Yeah I'm in EA, not TLW. Personally I like the TLW raids as they are open to ALL...that has to be the best for the realm.

I don't have a problem with GOP or those guys wanting to raid Sidi on Fridays, but I cannot see why TLW and GOP don't merge on a Friday. I have seen it work before and it can work again.

If GOP are really concerned about the TLW mods then I'm sure that for joint raids some sort of compromise can be made, like no mods, but I'm not TLW or GOP so that's not my call.

S

Sagba

Originally posted by Yussef
That cracked me up, people hijacked the raid, then wanted to trade in an item he did not even have any intent of using for surplus items. Sigh is all I can say.
Hijackad? Dont think so, TLW didn't informed about their raid soon enough so GoP raid leaders didn't knew there would be TLW raid.

And I'm sure GoP isn't concerned about TLW mods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom