TLW Sidi raids

Y

Yussef

These are taking place again, Monday and Friday, 7:30 Gwyntell.

Level 50's only, you can roll for level 50 alts.

So, can we not have any raids starting 8 hours before this one please, as the repop timers are messed up. Or any raids starting at the same time. Telling 50+ raids are off when its meant to start kinda sucks.

There are 5 other days during the week to raid too.

U

uma_thurman

Originally posted by Yussef

So, can we not have any raids starting 8 hours before this one please, as the repop timers are messed up. Or any raids starting at the same time. Telling 50+ raids are off when its meant to start kinda sucks.

Could be worse...a well publicised raid on the boards was nearly cancelled when a high profile guild PMed me 30 mins before the raid to tell me they were raiding. When I protested that our raid was on the boards for over a week the guy said "oh but we publicised our raid on our guild forums"... :(

C

corranhorn1

Yussef. I will respond to this. Could do it in 1 of 2 mannors but i will do it the civil one.

I basically a event organiser for our alliance. I was asked to run a sidi raid. We ran tonights one on an adhoc bases (basically at 5.30 i said meet at 6.30)

I did NOT know tlw raids were back on tbh. I had a civil conversation with Termie whilst we were raiding shame same cant be said about certain other people that ended up on /ignore.
I did ask for the apology i gave to him to go out to you others.

However on a sub note. 90% of our guilds work during week and some of those are unavailable on saturdays. That means that we run alot of our raids on a friday. So from time to time we may clash i am afraid. Now this may seem unfair to some your people but it also unfair to our people if they want to do alliance raid and cant do it due to fact someone has "booked" sidi for same night every week of every month. Nobody has claim of the place so helpful advice is to /who sidi before you leave for a friday raid. Once a month be the macimum we in there on a friday so it wont have a huge effect on your raids.

Once again. Sorry for the clash but i was doing what people of tha alliance asked for at a time they could make it. For any that feel that your time was wasted i can only say sorry. Our people enjoyed the raid. So thou i sorry for you, i am happy for them as many got an item they would have no chance of getting on your raids.

G

Garaen

Originally posted by corranhorn1
Our people enjoyed the raid. So thou i sorry for you, i am happy for them as many got an item they would have no chance of getting on your raids.

tbh TLW sidi raid setup with the Mod etc is the best i've seen. It rewards people who attend and dont get somthing so that it may take a few times before someone get's an item, but there is a higher and higher chance each time someone goes. Go check out Alb/Excal if you want to see how fuckup's run raid's tbh ;)

S

speshneeds

eep - go read mid/excali forums, dont let it get like their TG raid bitching sessions plz!!

Z

Ziva

TLW raids are for everyone.. what about your raids corranhorn1? Are they for "selected public only"? That's what fekked up a lot of raids on Exca.

And u are right when u say no1 can claim Sidi but TLW raids are open for everyone and this benefits the whole realm. Not saying u should move or anything but u might want to think about this.

And as far as tonight goes... i was hoping u would ask the many people waiting in Gwyntell to join u and raid togheter. But unfortunately this didn't happen.

D

denser

Originally posted by Ziva
TLW raids are for everyone.. what about your raids corranhorn1? Are they for "selected public only"? That's what fekked up a lot of raids on Exca.

And u are right when u say no1 can claim Sidi but TLW raids are open for everyone and this benefits the whole realm. Not saying u should move or anything but u might want to think about this.

And as far as tonight goes... i was hoping u would ask the many people waiting in Gwyntell to join u and raid togheter. But unfortunately this didn't happen.

Tbh, I've attended a few raids, and Alb/Pryd seems to be a far far nicer realm than Alb/Excal. I'm not exactly a celebrity on this server, but I've spoken to Aevar/Dantrag and Corran before and they are 2 of the best people in Alb. Imho they wouldn't go out of their way to discriminate or outdo anybody.

X

Xeanor

The Saturday and Sunday are still free, nothing to whine about the TLW raid date/time tbh.

F

Flesh

I'd have no complaints about TLW raids if shields didn't go missing from the shop or large amounts of sidi items didn't "appear" on one of the gm's characters. :(

P

philconnors

Sorry Yussef but friday is the most attractive day during the week for Sidi-Raids. Most of us are working during the day and have to get up early so they cant play the whole night. On saturday some go out for party and have fun. Further thing is that lots of pps come from scandinavian, middle or east european countries so they re 1,2 or even 3 hours ahead from UK time.

Sidi doesnt belong to anyone and u cant seriously claim it every Friday. If some others feel free want to make a raid there on a friday u have to accept it.

E

Eva

The TLW sidi raids have done Mondays + Fridays before, can't see why ppl whine now, still 5 days to raid :|

U

uma_thurman

Re: Re: TLW Sidi raids

Originally posted by philconnors
Sidi doesnt belong to anyone and u cant seriously claim it every Friday. If some others feel free want to make a raid there on a friday u have to accept it.

TLW have raided on Monday and Fridays for months now...do you have a problem joining their raids?

I really don't see any valid reason not to all go together.

L

Lorath

Re: Re: TLW Sidi raids

Originally posted by philconnors
Sorry Yussef but friday is the most attractive day during the week for Sidi-Raids. Most of us are working during the day and have to get up early so they cant play the whole night. On saturday some go out for party and have fun. Further thing is that lots of pps come from scandinavian, middle or east european countries so they re 1,2 or even 3 hours ahead from UK time.

Taking the same day as TLW is rather lame if you ask me.
Even if they had a break or whatever :confused:

Fully agree with Uma, why not go together?

But please keep the TLW rules, and a good organiser in charge.

S

Shianna

Sorry guys, I dont get the point.
So TLW has the right to claim Sidi on Fridays and Mondays just because they did so for the last months ?
So everyone else is forced to stay out of Sidi on those 2 days just because TLW wants it ? What if we started to do HL raids every Saturday and tell other people that on Saturdays NOBODY has to touch a HL because our ally is in there ? (just an example, but still leads to the same point, though in Sidi respawn is not the same, I know).
And by the way, I joined one TLW raid and honestly i must say: I prefer a raid with the alliance - less people, less stress, more fun.
And i also prefer a raid where nobody is harassed for being german, that they should go back to their servers and stuff - as happened to me quite often by players also joining TLW raids often...so, thats another point for me NOT to join TLW raids just to be far away from those ignorant people.

I am not of the opinion that Sidi belongs to anyone..if there is another raid group in it, well - then we would have to move somewhere else. But booking a dungeon sounds..umm...well...strange to me..

Sure, we should try not to clash and if it is possible, do raids when no other raids are planned, but sometimes you cant avoid that. In this case I at least expect people to behave and not harass anyone, throw around bad words and stuff. You can discuss anythign with me (and I am sure I can say this for evryone in the guild and maybe also for the ally), as long as this discussion is calm and based on arguments, not harassment.

Shi.

B

bigchief

Originally posted by Shianna
And by the way, I joined one TLW raid and honestly i must say: I prefer a raid with the alliance - less people, less stress, more fun.

Just a thought though .. if you just went along with TLW people on their raids that boosts the numbers and for the same time spent in Sidi you can get through all the bosses, drop the horsemen and die to apoc. Alot of the best drops in sidi only drop from the final bosses, so while small groups might be more 'fun' the loot that they'll collect is inferior to a zerg.

And you cant really say sidi is fun or should be fun, as its the most boring thing ever :(

X

Xeanor

Everyone is allowed to come on TLW Sidi raids (except for people who misbehaved and got banned), that's why I think the TLW raids should get priority to guild raids. We can't come to your raid if you go to Sidi, you can come to the TLW raid.

Maybe you find alliance/guild raids more fun, but not everyone can raid sidi with their guild. So please dont be loot-horny and take sidi so those people won't be able to raid anymore. :(

L

Lorath

As Xeanor said, everyone can come to TLW raids

Can we come to yours?

That's the point

I'll quote a friend, TLW is doing the raids for their realm, others for their alliance or guild

X

Xeanor

We can already be glad there's people as good and kind as TLW to organise it, and it's a damn shame people just go raid 2 hours before theirs then. :(

E

Eva

Agree with both Xeanor and Lorath.

not many got a guild / alliance where you can get a few FGs together and farm the epic dungeon ( this goes for all realms tbh ) and imo TLW raids should get priority because they've raided sidi these days for months and everyone, who isen't banned, is welcome to join in.

L

Lorath

Re: Re: Re: TLW Sidi raids

Originally posted by Lorath

But please keep the TLW rules, and a good organiser in charge.

Originally posted by n3wbie
only level 50s isnt it?

Yes level 50

Sorry for not being specific :p

X

Xeanor

To be honest, you don't need Sidi loot to level your char to 50.

F

Flesh

Is this the excal board? oO
Claiming a dungeon is lol though :<
I'm having emain every weeknight from 6pm-12pm k!

U

uma_thurman

Originally posted by Xeanor

Beat me to it :)

Sidi imo is all about the drops. A raid to DM, AC or Gwyddneau will get superior XP and so going to Sidi just for under 50 xping doesn't wash imo.

This whole thread is about respect for realm mates. TLW have shown a great deal of regard to organise Sidi raids with fair rules that do not discriminate. If GOP want to organise raids on a popular day like Friday, then they could easily help benefit the realm by allowing anyone to attend too.

So will any other guild wishing to organise Sidi raids please state if they will allow others to attend? Furthermore, will they allow fair lottoing?? If not, then such a guild should be the focus of attention, rather than TLW.

We're not talking about owning a camp for an 8 man party...it's the epic dungeon which is designed to require large numbers to succeed. Do you realm a favour and let's all zerg the dungeon TOGETHER as intended by the designers.

T

tris-

Originally posted by Xeanor

well my point was not everyone is invited, im not disagreeing with you dont need sidi loot till 50, but you dont need sidi loot at any level. ;) some people just want to see inside it.

O

old.linnet

Originally posted by n3wbie
well my point was not everyone is invited, im not disagreeing with you dont need sidi loot till 50, but you dont need sidi loot at any level. ;) some people just want to see inside it.

Oh, I don't think they have much of a level limit on the raid. Just only 50s can roll for loot. I know we've taken lower level guildies on TLW raids and no one minded. And they got to see the horsemen die too ;)

S

Sagba

So GoP organised a Alliance Sidi hunt few hours before TLW raid? Well, shit happens? Sure not allowing anyone else to join is loot whoring, not about challenge and a test how far that Alliance can get in Sidi?
See? Unless there was bitching from some TLW raid leader I'm sure GoP wont organise Sidi raids at those days. If there was bitching, well, FOAD, booking dungeon is stupid anyways :p

TLW raids are great btw :D

(edit: As a Friday is the most attractive day to organise raids I would recommend TLW not to book that day unless you can be 100% sure that there will be enough peeps joining - So far many raids have been cancelled -> some guild could have organised their own raid.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom