Games Time to pop my cherry?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
there seems to me like people are trying to justify to themselves and others that their crimes are ok

nath

Fledgling Freddie
there seems to me like people are trying to justify to themselves and others that their crimes are ok
This is always the weakest argument for anything. Someone made a similar point about the unreasonable bank charges and I'll make the same response there. I've never been overdrawn and don't get charged because of it, my opinions on the charges are independent of my personal situation.

I don't pirate, my opinions on piracy are not based on that.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Still funny to see people try to justify pirating, it's really pathetic.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Don't think any is justifying piracy, the only issue being discussed is the misconception that piracy = theft. Piracy = copyright infringement.

Marc

FH is my second home
Where has anyone tried to justify piracy?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
if your a rapist just admit you are a rapist and stop trying to call it a sex giver, it doesnt work. Well didnt for me, perhaps i shouldnt have gone for the blind kids :(

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Don't think any is justifying piracy, the only issue being discussed is the misconception that piracy = theft. Piracy = copyright infringement.

You're assuming that everyone uses the word theft in its strictest definition, when most people don't know or even care about the exact definition. Saying it isn't theft is just calling people out on a technicality. You know what is meant by it. People are taking something they were supposed to pay for, that isn't legally available for free, but didn't.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
They aren't taking it away from anyone though so it is not theft. If it was the only copy of the media (book, TV show, film, game whatever) and they then deleted the original copy then I suppose you could argue it is theft but copying is not the same as stealing. Grey area I know but thats the way I see it.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
if your a rapist just admit you are a rapist and stop trying to call it a sex giver, it doesnt work. Well didnt for me, perhaps i shouldnt have gone for the blind kids :(

Well the way I see it, it's like being found guilty of gbh and being called a murderer. They're not the same thing and even though one is bad the other is clearly worse.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Nath since you left OT and moved to other places, you have slowy lost your humour bone more and more. Perhaps you have always been like that and only chilled out in OT, but everytime i see you in a post be it here or somewhere else you seem to be arguing and defending right away instead of seeing the reply for what it is

nath

Fledgling Freddie
No I've always been a grumpy **** but I did see your response for what it was, my reply was actually more aimed at ST. I would have clarified but I was typing it on my phone from a John Lewis car park so it was a bit fiddly to get too specific.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Thats quite upmarket dogging there, i stick to sainsburys carparks

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
PS3 have caught up on exclusives and have arguably better ones now.

Id say that purely down to what you like. I personally dont like things like Metal Gear Solids and jrpgs etc im more into Halo and Gears.

I have said a few times i like the look unchartered but i cant justify paying for that yet

megadave

I am a FH squatter
I'm not into jap games either although MGS was fantastic.

I thought Killzone 2 was equal to Gears of War, just lacking coop mode. Halo has been poor since Halo 2 and that Halo ODST was an absolute joke.

There's really not much in it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I'll go where the games are i'm a gamer and always will be, i have a PS3 atm but no games for it.

Why would you buy a console and not get any games for it? or are you one of those people who trade in games, denying publishers revenue...just as bad as pirates.

Whats the difference in me buying a game, copying it and giving the copy to a friend or me selling the original to him? Nothing. We both enjoy the same media and the publisher only gets one sale.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Why would you buy a console and not get any games for it? or are you one of those people who trade in games, denying publishers revenue...just as bad as pirates.

Whats the difference in me buying a game, copying it and giving the copy to a friend or me selling the original to him? Nothing. We both enjoy the same media and the publisher only gets one sale.

I got my PS3 as a blu ray player when blu ray players cost almost the same as a PS3 when it released have had Uncharted 1 but nothing else has nothing on the PS3 really interests me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom