Those who are about to die...

H

Hashmonster

i got mine for 20quid, but i'm sure u could get it for a bit cheaper.

U

-Ultimate

Just off to buy it now, i'll have a read through manual and muck about and see u guys later tonight :)

edit:typo

S

Summo

Originally posted by Wilier
"baby Wilier, where's your piggy bank"

*smash*

Fek me, she's minted.;)

Heh heh. :D I found that very funny... :)

U

-Ultimate

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Fecking out of stock innit! Bloke at EB said as only EB and GAME were selling it atm there going out of stock fast. Serves me right for going to those outside shops inside of ordering online:(

S

Sar

Ah well, I r currently enjoying lots of Diablo 2 on Battlenet, and Baldurs Gate 2 to tide meh over.

S

Summo

Our most impressive death yet...

Aphex and I ventured all the way to the Hibernia Outpost. We had no right to get as far as we did (I'm level 8, Aphex is 11 if I remember correctly) and managed to avoid a hill of dragons, a giant and countless purple+++ nasties.

We got wiped out very quickly by fireballs.

daoc3.jpg

Can't wait for some RvR action... :D

S

SoWat

Someguy's character doesn't have much of a head (I think they ran out of material after they'd made it's Huuuuuge feet and arse).

:clap:

H

Hashmonster

Re: Our most impressive death yet...

Originally posted by SomeGuy
Aphex and I ventured all the way to the Hibernia Outpost. We had no right to get as far as we did (I'm level 8, Aphex is 11 if I remember correctly) and managed to avoid a hill of dragons, a giant and countless purple+++ nasties.

We got wiped out very quickly by fireballs.

Can't wait for some RvR action... :D

heh funneh pic - u 2 went well far! i've gotta try and get my level up a bit this evening, i keep getting killed quite easily. You see how much it costs to get your constitution back up - gets more expensive each lvl u go up! bastards! :D

So lets do a bit of a power session - the invincible BoB guild :D

X

Xavier

yep, i'm well up for that, i reckon we can attempt nissies tonight, later this week we should deffo try to kill njessie - pull it onto the shore where it's weaker and dish out some punishment, I trained this morning and have a sweet new healing spell to keep you all alive :)

W

WPKenny

:D

I'll bring some flowers and a box of chocolates. :)

To v briefly talk about last night again (groan) I think Xav had a point. We do need to get more organised in our attacks if we're going to group together (and not just use the guild function as a convienient in-game chat tool).

I'll shorten the leash on my SF and keep him under control more. :)

We also need a universal "RUN!!!" situation.

If Xav gets attacked by monsters and he's dying, despite our best efforts to attract the monster's attention back to us, we need to decide on some sort of strategy. Do the Tanks stay and fight while everyone else legs it? Do we all leg it and die trying?
I think there's little chance of Xav making it out alive if he's unfortunate enough to be attacked by high livel stuff. I'm in the same boat what with me being a mage and having low armour/hit points. But I don't mind dying (well okay.. I kinda do) as long as Xav is still alive to res. Xav doesn't have that luxury.

I understand Beb can res too so it would be very handy if we could get both in our group when fighting major oponnents.

I don't honestly know if there is a "best" thing to do but we could try a few tactics.

Damini and I will be on later tonight (9-ish or after) cos she's given up smoking for over a month now and so we must both start exercising. :)

If anyone lives around Canterbury and sees two over weight, wheezing people running around the city walls around 8pm, that'll be us. heh.

X

Xavier

Originally posted by SoWat
Well that plunderer was the last of a whole horde of them :)

/me blames Xav anyway ;)

SHould have seen us earlier though. With good healing backup we slaughtered loads of the buggers, and got a good bit of levelling.

Jevoo likes to bring them in 6 at a time though, which is a bit disconcerting!

heh, it isn't my fault if you pull 6 at once and haven't given me time to rest, no power = no healing spells, simple innit ;)

H

Hashmonster

Originally posted by WPKenny
[B
I don't honestly know if there is a "best" thing to do but we could try a few tactics.
[/B]

Thats the thing kenny - we've gotta try a few different things until we find one that works. I have to admit over the past couple of days we have been a little unlucky sometimes - especially some group attacks from certain enemies.

I'll be on tonight at about 7:30ish i reckon.

T

Trebz

When grouping you should always work out a strategy beforehand and everyone should know about the mobs you are going to attack, do the baf? do they nuke? etc... If there are multiple healers you should assign heal targets to each one of them so theres no mana waste. You should also assign the role of pulling to ONE person, if you don't you're gonna end up with multiple incoming mobs and no chance of survival.

When it comes to fighting make sure you're in a reasonably safe area and get someone (a thane/skald) to pull the targets for you out of the groups, if any additional monsters come the healer should at least attempt a diversion to make the monster sit for a bit, if you dont think you can take 2 monsters then healer should use wake forgetfulness on the monster so he forgets his aggro.

Regarding healers being attacked, healers should *not* run, if you run you're gonna die, so you may aswell stay with the warriors and let them try to get the agro off you.

X

Xavier

yep, that's probably my one big problem, instinctively when attacked i run towards the mob hoping the creature will go for one of them, but the AI doesn't allow for that...

I reckon we should start a guild thread and get some uber-simple tactics down if nothing else so that we get along a little better ;) (stopping damini from dying so often would be a bonus ;))

T

Testin da Cable

hmmm righto. I'm convinced. I'm getting DAoC asap :)

H

Hashmonster

Originally posted by Xavier
(stopping damini from dying so often would be a bonus ;))

oooooo thats vicious!! :D how dare you say that about generous damini!!! ph34r my level 8 abilities!! :D

S

Summo

Originally posted by testin_da_cable
hmmm righto. I'm convinced. I'm getting DAoC asap :)
Heh. :) I think that's how most of us here started. :)

S

Sar

If I had £20 I'd nip out now and buy it.

The days leading up to payday (Thurs) suck ass.

:(

S

Summo

Four days? That's about how long it takes for a cheque to clear, isn't it? ;)

D

Damini

Hey, I only die so much because I use my fearless battle cry to draw all evil attention to me to save your sorry arses.

And because I have no common sense, no concept of the right time to run, a lack of concentration, and a terrible habit of sitting down to rest in purple spawning grounds.

S

Summo

But you look damn hot in yer tight armour, so everything's okay. ;)

T

Testin da Cable

Heh. :) I think that's how most of us here started. :)

hehe the things I renounce my gods for ;)

S

Sar

Four days? That's about how long it takes for a cheque to clear, isn't it? ;)

No Chequebook (I only have a current account).

Bah.

/me wants me fookin DAoC :(

/punches Thursday for being so far aweh

O

old.Mr Burns

I just wish the bloody registration page would work.

I want to play too:(

H

Hashmonster

But you look damn hot in yer tight armour, so everything's okay. ;)

i thought that too :D lol! I have some armour now summo mate, so i can lose my nick name of 'the pikey' :)

O

Orin Askhammare

O ffs

The registration page is momentarily unavailable, please try again later. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom