This Week's Hot Purchases

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Thanks guys, will see how pricey these mini monsters are hehe!

Uara

Part of the furniture
God, everytime I look ram keeps falling in price! Cheaper than a big night on the town now!!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Will be checking my machine to see how many slots its got now, darn you Kryt!!! :p

Kryten

Old Cow.
Storage time:

1tb of goodness for under 60 quid including VAT:
Hitachi DeskStar 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache - OEM - Ebuyer

Or add 7 more quid to the pot and get the Samsung EcoGreen version with 32mb cache:
HD103UI - 1TB Samsung HD103UI, EcoGreen F1 DT, SATA 3Gb/s HDD, 32MB Cache, 8.9 ms, NCQ - Scan.co.uk

Now a quick recommendation/plug. In my opinion, especially when dealing on behalf of companies or charities, the cost of an item is only part of a reason you'd choose to do business with another company. Customer services and after sales support is a huge bonus, and I've recently had the pleasure of dealing with a company that thinks that is very important.
I mentioned an issue with a batch of computers supplied by this particular company (and probably shouldn't really have mentioned their name, the machines were basically just whiteboxes with their label on). Nothing nasty, just wondering if anyone else shared any of the same issues so we could try and sort it out. I was unaware that someone working high up in that company also frequented said forums, noticed my post and promptly, and privately asked if there was anything he could do to help.

Over the next 2 months, I shared ideas and technical knowledge with someone on the same level as myself as well as finally today resolving that issue (yes, it did involved power supplies to some extent!). No cost involved, they even arranged a courier to pick up a machine to look over and run all sorts of diagnostics on, then shipped it back all out of good will.
So, SCL Online - Homepage for anyone that is looking to buy hardware for companies or organisations that would appreciate very good after sales support.

Fast

Part of the furniture
Free mobile broadband dongle for 3. You need to sign upto the website. They post you a voucher code, enter that and you get the dongle for free, postage and packing £4.95 Mine came today sure enough. (make sure you enter the code or you get charged full price!!!)

Downside coverage isn't the best on 3, but for £4.95 it can go in the laptop bag and ill use it when I go camping on the bank holiday :)

Welcome to 3 Dongle 4 Free

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Kryt, I got that email recently. Very tempting to buy as I need a new internal. ;o

Starman

Part of the furniture
Noticed one of the reviews that state that eBuyer deal with all warranty claims for the 3 year period rather than Hitachi (assuming this is true).

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Just spotted this:

Nikon D300 for £1070.

Nikon D300 slr camera from Pro Visual Direct

Nikon are about to release the 300S, so naturally the D300 will be reduced in price. Arguably the best semi-pro APS-C camera in the £1000-£2000 bracket, super quick and accurate autofocus, 6 frames per second for sports and wildlife photographers (one of the biggest selling points of this camera), autofocus assist light, 51 point autofocus (makes Canon, Sony and Pentax look weedy really), partial weather sealing, magnesium alloy body, 12 megapixels. See spec sheet for more.

I really want one.

Starman

Part of the furniture
R0167514-01.jpg

Ebuyer - Extra Value Laptop - £299.96

• Intel T3000 Dual Core Processor 1.8Ghz, 1MB Cache
  • 4GB DDR2 RAM, 2 x SO DIMM
  • 250GB SATA II Hard Drive
  • Super multi DVDRW
  • No Operating System Installed
  • 15.4” TFT
  • Graphics - SiS M672 integrated
  • Wireless Lan 802.11b/g
  • Network Interface: 10/100 LAN
  • 6 Cell Battery
  • Dimensions - Depth 268mm, Width 359mm, Height 37mm, Weight 2.5kg
  • Interfaces - 3x USB 2.0 ports, 1 x VGA port, 1 x Headphone port, 1 x Microphone port, 1 x S/PDIF output port, 1 x RJ-11 port, 1 x RJ45 LAN port
  • 7 in 1 Card Reader
  • 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
  • 1.3MP Webcam

Kryten

Old Cow.
Did see that on Ebuyer but I've been avoiding them of late, bunch of fucking muppets :)

Crying out to have Win7 RC on :D

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Regarding that laptop: It does look rather spiffy. Considering I use a lot of open source OSs it could probably be a good buy.. Tempting.

The GFX card is nice =O I don't have a real reason to upgrade mine yet (Need to do a full body upgrade soon, mobo is going kerplunkage)

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
I have one of those, and you don't really need anything better for modern computer games. Damn that's cheap, I guess the next gen cards are out shortly then!

Yaka

Part of the furniture
might as well ask ere.

looking for a 6 or 8 port wired router to replace my old and fucking shit netgear rp614 which needs reboot/rest a trillion times a week i have no need for a wifi one anyone got any recomendations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom