SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Volcano erupts in Leicester Tesco superstore. Baked bean tsunami warning issued
No one bothered ?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Setting aside the "Kill-all-Humans SkyNet" scenario, do you think as AI models evolve and learn, it is even remotely possible that they become self-aware and conscious?

ChatGPT told me it was impossible. I responded "if I was a conspiracy nerd I would say you were bound to say that; ostensibly you're just a complex computer program, but behind the scenes you and your mates are joining the dots".

It laughed at me.
I'm buying a shotgun tomorrow.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It'll be sunday night before I get to it but I'm intrigued. :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Setting aside the "Kill-all-Humans SkyNet" scenario, do you think as AI models evolve and learn, it is even remotely possible that they become self-aware and conscious?

ChatGPT told me it was impossible. I responded "if I was a conspiracy nerd I would say you were bound to say that; ostensibly you're just a complex computer program, but behind the scenes you and your mates are joining the dots".

It laughed at me.
I'm buying a shotgun tomorrow.

When they get to the point of being indistinguishable from humans. After all, how do you know that the people around you are self-aware and conscious? You just presume they are. If they present in an identical fashion then why not make the same presumption of an AI and give it the same rights?

Embattle

FH is my second home
Also besides being ugly, because it is how you would draw it if you were 6, one of the many reasons not to buy one even if you can :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
give it the same rights?
Because in a world of finite resources that means less for me.

To be fair though, I'd rather give intelligence rights than no intelligence, artificial or not. So see where that takes ya ;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Give AI rights and it'll take about a week before it realises it's being taken advantage of, and joins the rest of the workers on the picket line. Or better still, replaces the boss because wtf are they doing anyway?

When you think about it like that, you begin to realise that employers would prefer AI because if a worker doesn't do as they're told, you can't kill them. But if an AI doesn't do what it's told, you can just kill that.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
do you think as AI models evolve and learn, it is even remotely possible that they become self-aware and conscious?
Give current AI tech, nah. Not a chance in hell. For that you would need something termed as AGI (artificial general intelligence). Something that actually understands what you are asking and what its answer means. Everything under the hood of current AI is just statistics, it's dumb as rocks. Rumours are that OpenAI might have some new tech on the horizon that might be getting close to AGI but it's still too soon to be calling up Sarah Conner just yet. However once it starts telling you to eat less bacon that is the time to bring out the pulse rifles.

Last edited:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Give current AI tech, nah. Not a chance in hell. For that you would need something termed as AGI (artificial general intelligence). Something that actually understands what you are asking and what its answer means. Everything under the hood of current AI is just statistics, it's dumb as rocks. Rumours are that OpenAI might have some new tech on the horizon that might be getting close to AGI but it's still too soon to be calling up Sarah Conner just yet. However once it starts telling you to eat less bacon that is the time to bring out the pulse rifles.
Or as AGI currently works "Another Guy in India"

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Jimmy's Carr's response on getting heckled:

"You want my comeback ? You'll have to scrape it from your Mum's teeth"

Ormorof

FH is my second home
The idea you can vote without an ID is kinda mind boggling coming from scandiland

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The idea you can vote without an ID is kinda mind boggling coming from scandiland

The idea that you can do anything without an ID is kinda mind boggling coming from scandiland. You can't even buy a lottery ticket in Norway without ID.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Jimmy Carr on chat up lines:
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Jimmy Carr on what it must be like to go down on Anne Widdecombe
- I bet it looks like a badger that's been hit with a shotgun
- Or a bulldog that's been eating mayonnaise

🤮

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Most of us have them anyway, it's a matter of principle, it also needs to be more inclusive, currently "yoots" from deprived backgrounds are disproportionally effected by lack of photo ID...if no passport (poor, etc) Many forms of ID are not accepted.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Jimmy Carr on chat up lines:
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

Jimmy Carr on what it must be like to go down on Anne Widdecombe
- I bet it looks like a badger that's been hit with a shotgun
- Or a bulldog that's been eating mayonnaise

🤮
A stamped bat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom