SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I also have to use a bit of an offcut to put a deflector in that corner, so it doesn't become overloaded by torrents of water down the lead and splash over. I'm just going to cut maybe 20cm length of gutter into a quarter circle and glue it to the side.
I think the Mrs wants something similar installed in the toilet.
You "forget" to wipe the toilet seat after a 3am dribbly piss for just a few hours.....

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Got the Sony WF 1000 XM5's...wow ! The sound quality is incredible. Awesome noise cancellation. Struggled with them at first - easily rectified using the correct silicone bud size. The Sony app can check for air tightness and told me I needed a smaller size in my right ear. So now I know my ear canals are different sizes. The app can check for other orifice sizes, but I've not tried that. Yet...

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
If anyone is in the market for bluetooth speakers I can absolutely recommend the Dali Katch G2

The sound quality is phenomenal. Beautifully balanced rich tones. Bass when you need it. Spine-tingling female vocals when you fancy a bit of J-Hud, Whitney, Toni Braxton, or whatever. Fills a room no problem. I had Dina Vass "The Love I have for you" playing in the lounge and I could hear it from the front garden. Easily the best portable speaker I've ever listened to. I've just ordered another one for stereo link up.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
This is insane:

Suppose you had 100 billion dollar bills. If you put the bills end-to-end, you could circle the Earth with them 200 times AND with the dollar bills left over, if you stacked those vertically, one on top of the other, you could make a stack of bills tall enough to reach the Moon - and back - 10 times !!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPenDUY68rM

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
This is insane:

Suppose you had 100 billion dollar bills. If you put the bills end-to-end, you could circle the Earth with them 200 times AND with the dollar bills left over, if you stacked those vertically, one on top of the other, you could make a stack of bills tall enough to reach the Moon - and back - 10 times !!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPenDUY68rM

The fact you can't write down the number of 0s in a Googolplex makes my brain hurt. The number after that is literally unimaginable.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I don't know what I ate yesterday but I'm approaching my googleplex-th poo today...
I need hosing down...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Chimney is a bit of a mess, loss of mortar meant the ferns moved in, now their roots are pushing the bricks apart. Thankfully looks like an easy thing to solve. Remove some of the flaunching from the top, remove the 20 or so bricks that aren't in the correct position, clean it all out and refit the bricks. It's only a chimney so it doesn't have to be perfectly pointed, which is good because I've never done it before.

Attachments

• PXL_20240326_115807635.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240326_115807635.MP.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20240326_125049015.jpg
    PXL_20240326_125049015.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 10

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
aNDmVyG_460s.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't think a career in bricklaying is on the cards but at least it won't fall over now. Finishing it tomorrow with a 3rd chimney pot I robbed from a neighbour's skip. Wish I could find a fourth but there aren't any similar for sale :(

Attachments

• PXL_20240328_113952214.jpg
    PXL_20240328_113952214.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20240328_130701025.jpg
    PXL_20240328_130701025.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20240328_145339856.jpg
    PXL_20240328_145339856.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 12

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Easter has sneaked up this year, the 5/7-year-old nieces are getting 95% cocoa eggs.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't think a career in bricklaying is on the cards but at least it won't fall over now. Finishing it tomorrow with a 3rd chimney pot I robbed from a neighbour's skip. Wish I could find a fourth but there aren't any similar for sale :(
As far as I'm concerned that's a work of genius @Tom. Well done :clap:

I'm rapidly running out of cash. I spent ten grand more than I thought I was going to, this month. And we're only halfway through really - we've not finished gutting the place yet. We've got the floor slab to dig up, all the ceilings/first floor floors to come out, more plaster to come the walls. Then it's roof to finish, new floor slabs to poor all through, plumbing & full central heating, full electrics, then finishing stuff like new floors, plastering, painting, insulation, two bathrooms, kitchen.

Then all we need is furniture and stuff for every single room :eek:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!

I'm rapidly running out of cash. I spent ten grand more than I thought I was going to, this month. And we're only halfway through really - we've not finished gutting the place yet. We've got the floor slab to dig up, all the ceilings/first floor floors to come out, more plaster to come the walls. Then it's roof to finish, new floor slabs to poor all through, plumbing & full central heating, full electrics, then finishing stuff like new floors, plastering, painting, insulation, two bathrooms, kitchen.

Agree - to me, Tom, that is a bloody great bit of work. I can't even make stuff made out of Lego stay up. Kudos.

I don't even wanna think how much I've spent on Amazon the past two months. At least 8K. I need to be sectioned.
Again.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

I shudder to think how much I've spent on the house in the last year; windows, attic insulation, flat roof insulation, external insulation render, and right now there's a couple of Polish lads rebuilding my upstairs bathroom. On the plus side that should be the last of the really expensive jobs, but fuck, it never ends.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I forgot the neighbour had this as a garden ornament and painted it. I stripped as much as I could but that looks like emulsion and has gone into the "pores", so frosty winters will have to take care of the rest. In the distance is the chimney stack that pot came from lol.

Attachments

• PXL_20240329_130652147.jpg
    PXL_20240329_130652147.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 8

Tom

I am a FH squatter

It's only really what you can see that'll be improved for now, I can't physically get to the other side because there's no scaffold below. So I'll have to finish the job when I re-roof the rest of the house. Which is something I know I can do now.

I would like to completely replace the cement cap on top with a lime cap, so it looks right, but no chimney scaffold = no way. Perhaps something for the future. I'm certainly going to flaunch and point as much as I can though.

That roofer giving me a silly expensive quote has actually done me a huge favour. Saved me probably 6-8 grand or so because I'll do it myself now.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
God dammit I ran out of mortar again. Note to self - 25kg of lime+sand is not enough to do a chimney.

Attachments

• PXL_20240330_183419581.jpg
    PXL_20240330_183419581.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
God dammit I ran out of mortar again. Note to self - 25kg of lime+sand is not enough to do a chimney.
Looking good but I have to ask it

"Have you been peeping Tom?"

/me goes and gets his coat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom