SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
there is evidence to suggest the potential for the arrests to amount to an ‘unlawful interference’ with the individuals’ freedom of expression under article 10” of the European convention on human rights
This is why the Tories want us out of the ECHR.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Amazon's LOTR Rings of Power. I kinda knew it was gonna be bad. I didn't think it was going to be *that* bad. The most expensive TV show in history. Really ?

The acting was dire because the writing was so poor. The casting was terrible. What was the point of the Harfoots ? They serve absolutely no purpose other than to pad out a confused story line. Where was the script supervisor ? They must have paid Tolkein Estates an absolutely gigantic amount of money. I'm glad JRRT isn't alive to see this. Galadriel is supposed to be 6 ft 4, not 5 ft 2. Elendil 7 ft 11 not 6 ft 2, and had two sons who went onto rule Gondor, not a son and a daughter who looked like they ran the local village gift shop. What was the point of the soap opera crap between King Durin and his wife ? This slimy cowpat from Amazon's crusty anus is shameful. There are so many continuity errors in the plot and cinematography. This production was never going to please die-hard Tolkein enthusiasts. At least the Peter Jackson films didn't stray too far off course. I guess if you just want to watch special effects and don't care about acting, story, casting, or integrity you'll probably love it. Season Two can go F**k itself.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'm kinda doing that with the Mandalorian. Its strangely watchable even though you know its Disney and wouldn't be all that surprised if you spot Kermit the Frog sitting at a table inside the Mos Eisley Cantina

1669256697860.png

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Well, he does leave himself open to such accusations doesn't he...?

I'm not entirely convinced he cares tbh. I'm just intrigued how he's gone from "Musk will save teh world with cars and rockets" to "Musk tel evil".

Oh yeah I do, because he said he was leaning Republican. Silly me.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm not entirely convinced he cares tbh. I'm just intrigued how he's gone from "Musk will save teh world with cars and rockets" to "Musk tel evil".

I think the fact that he interacts with total douches like Kimble doesn't help.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think it's a function of the platform he now owns tbh.

Twitter polarises by design.

It's a horrible platform for intellectual human discourse. It pressures people into acting like assholes.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

This is reductive bollocks imo. He has always been candid about where he sits politically - i.e. nowhere. I can't be the only one that has always thought that he is a bit of a weird egotistical dickhead?

See:

1. his seemingly complete and utter disdain for women
  2. when he smoked a bit of that bifter on a podcast to try and show how cool he is as if he was about 13
  3. everything he does involving crypto
  4. his weird relationship with Grimes
  5. calling that diver a paedo
  6. and more recently, his 18th century attitude towards the workforce
I do actually agree with him on many things, but surely it's obvious to anyone with half a brain why he is a such a polarising figure.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I think it's a function of the platform he now owns tbh.

Twitter polarises by design.

It's a horrible platform for intellectual human discourse. It pressures people into acting like assholes.

Hes been a prick for far longer than hes owned Twitter tbh

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Paying to unlock performance via nothing more than a software tweak on high end petrol/diesel cars has been a thing for years, more often than not removal of a top speed limiter but also noncey "quality of life" things like limiting revs when not moving etc. The subscription bit is novel (and extra piss-takey) but that's only because they can get away with it because of the explosion of the "x as a service" model over the last decade.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I have to say I was going to lease an EV through a work scheme we have but that dispatches episode really put me off. I think I'll go hybrid for now and look at an EV in a couple of years.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Always a possibility with Electric cars, although the downside of faster acceleration is shorter distance.

My dad replaced his EV, it just wasn't for him.

My ex-boss's son worked for Jag and had all the tools, half the "added options" exist on a standard car, they just enable them, depending on the package you buy, he had loads of them enabled for free, on his Jag. The whole car industry is a scam, but a sub for better acceleration, or with BMW for heated seats is just fucking lolz.

I'll stick with Turbo lag, which is blindingly fun at times, I only do a few K a year, full tank of posh petrol lasts me nearly 2 months.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Paying to unlock performance via nothing more than a software tweak on high end petrol/diesel cars has been a thing for years, more often than not removal of a top speed limiter but also noncey "quality of life" things like limiting revs when not moving etc. The subscription bit is novel (and extra piss-takey) but that's only because they can get away with it because of the explosion of the "x as a service" model over the last decade.

Yeah, but it's a one-off cost, remapping, not a sub. My car gained 70BHP with a software update and an upgraded clutch, Aif filter/intake and intercooler. I could get another ~30 if I was to get a different turbo fitted.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin

View: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-middle-east-63750753

I don't know what to think of this.

I know the manager is chatting a bit of shit, but how about journalists from western democracies asking questions about political events in their country where they're probably putting their families at risk? (Guessing most Iranian players don't live in Iran.)

Let those people stand on a pedestal if they wish, but I think it's a bit irresponsible to try and pressure them to do so.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

View: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-middle-east-63750753

I don't know what to think of this.

I know the manager is chatting a bit of shit, but how about journalists from western democracies asking questions about political events in their country where they're probably putting their families at risk? (Guessing most Iranian players don't live in Iran.)

Let those people stand on a pedestal if they wish, but I think it's a bit irresponsible to try and pressure them to do so.

Not sure what you can think, except asking the manager of the Iranian national team about what is going on in Iran?! Sure ask Southgate about what is going on in England...the answer would be...er, people going to work, doing their thing...not getting sentenced to death for protesting, that sort of thing.

Not entirely sure what your point is.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Not sure what you can think, except asking the manager of the Iranian national team about what is going on in Iran?! Sure ask Southgate about what is going on in England...the answer would be...er, people going to work, doing their thing...not getting sentenced to death for protesting, that sort of thing.

Not entirely sure what your point is.

My point was that he was also complaining about them asking Iranian players.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My point was that he was also complaining about them asking Iranian players.

Why shouldn't they ask Iranian players about their broken country? Come to the world stage, expect questions...

I mean, sure, it would be easier if the world cup was being held in a civilised country, but it isn't. It is being held in a primitive county...that sounds like a FIFA problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom