SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
My first thought when I saw excerpts from the email he sent round was "that can't be legal" but I don't know enough about US employment law to say anything with certainty.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes - but not that weak. You can't tell people you've decided they've resigned.
It's not an assumption. It's a direction from the boss to do something.

AFAIK it's fair game in the US to say "click a button that says 'I don't want to resign and I agree to these terms and conditions'" - and if they don't carry out the order from the boss, then tough titties.

Of course, if you want to quit, you can just stick your fingers up and walk straight out, no harm, no foul.

Edit: Yes. Of course. It's shit.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
US employment law also varies by state. California has by far the best worker protection. Redneck and bible belt states have the worst. They're going to have to walk a lot of this back, and then do it properly. It is possible to cut tens of thousands of jobs, just have to follow the right process. Most big companies hire consultants to handle it for them. Gives deniability in case of wrong doing, and it ensures the most law in the local state is followed.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You know when you have been busy data cleansing all day when you realise that all you have eaten is an entire packet of tuc biscuits in one sitting.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The thing is, His films are brilliant in their shitness. Unintended comedy.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The thing is, His films are brilliant in their shitness. Unintended comedy.

I remember when he was on a chat show and he was talking shit about Van Damme being a fake and a fraud, despite Van Damme having actual awards for martial arts lol. He seems to really hate other actors that have martial arts backgrounds because it takes the focus off him.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Going well:

On the one hand, its a shit show... on the other hand I'm thinking, is he planning this just to piss off people? because he's known to be a total meme lord, what would be the biggest meme of all? blowing 44 billion on a company for the sole purpose of destroying it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Good stuff:

11 years for $121million? I've read stories on people that have stolen $50 from a shop (non-armed robbery, just stealing from a checkout) and getting 15 years.

Justice is really backwards in the US, seems the more money you have the less time you ultimately end up serving.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Good quite frankly. Twitter was just an echo chamber for nutters.

Ignoring the massive satire in the article I posted, Twitter has actually been a lot better recently. The far right had already fucked off the Parler, but now the far left and people who think the Byline Times was a reputable source of news are moving to Mastadon (whatever that is) so it's become remarkably centrist on my feed anyway.

Centrism is the new edgieness it would appear.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ignoring the massive satire in the article I posted, Twitter has actually been a lot better recently. The far right had already fucked off the Parler, but now the far left and people who think the Byline Times was a reputable source of news are moving to Mastadon (whatever that is) so it's become remarkably centrist on my feed anyway.

Centrism is the new edgieness it would appear.

All social Media should just fade away tbh. Humanity would be a better place.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
All social Media should just fade away tbh. Humanity would be a better place.

Can't say I disagree, no matter how amusing Twitter can be at times.

Clearly we had it right in the early days of the internet with forums like this - room for longer discussion and they were a bit challenging so kept the plebs out. Sadly don't think we can go back to those days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom