SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

View: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-middle-east-63750753

I don't know what to think of this.

I know the manager is chatting a bit of shit, but how about journalists from western democracies asking questions about political events in their country where they're probably putting their families at risk? (Guessing most Iranian players don't live in Iran.)

Let those people stand on a pedestal if they wish, but I think it's a bit irresponsible to try and pressure them to do so.

Eh?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
For the reason above

What reason above? Fuck Iran.

I get the point that hey might have family at home...move them out, it's not as if Iran hasn't been full scumbag since before most of these players were born, they have had every opportunity to leave..being world cup class players that they are...and they are, they qualified.

Embattle

FH is my second home
They seemed to do their own protest before the start of the game, thus they increased the chance someone was going to ask a political question.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
cba usually, but we have never been big spenders (as in we are tight) We plan, if we have a big expense coming up, but that's about it.

Also helps, no mortgage, no kids.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Amazon have started using e-cargo cycles around Greater Manchester. Here's one using the new cycle infrastructure on Trafford Road in Salford.

View: https://twitter.com/HarryHamishGray/status/1597193669760929792

Yes, I know it won't be able to deliver a locomotive, or a transformer for a power station. But it's replacing a small diesel van and the more of this thing we have, the cleaner and clearer our roads become. For anyone interested, the junction design is called CYCLOPS and they're being built all over GM and beyond.

PS the cycle infra on this road is still being built, it's a few weeks from completion, hence the scruffy barriers etc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Amazon have started using e-cargo cycles around Greater Manchester. Here's one using the new cycle infrastructure on Trafford Road in Salford.

View: https://twitter.com/HarryHamishGray/status/1597193669760929792

Yes, I know it won't be able to deliver a locomotive, or a transformer for a power station. But it's replacing a small diesel van and the more of this thing we have, the cleaner and clearer our roads become. For anyone interested, the junction design is called CYCLOPS and they're being built all over GM and beyond.

PS the cycle infra on this road is still being built, it's a few weeks from completion, hence the scruffy barriers etc.

For me, that sort of thing should be on the road.

Cycling infrastructure should be for cyclists to get about.

Edit: That's a small electric van - it's fuck all to do with bikes.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It's an e-cargo cycle with electric assistance up to 15.5mph. Beyond that, it's pedal power only. It is not a motor vehicle, it requires no licence or insurance. You force it onto the road and much of the benefit provided by its size and manoeuvrability is lost.

It's legally a cycle.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
...and knowing Amazon drivers, they won't give the remotest fuck about other users of the cycle lane, especially in a protective box, with limited vision, yes it has mirrors, but that's not the same as swivelling your head.

Nice idea though, needs development.

Also, I would argue, being corporate, it will have insurance of some description, and likely end up needing it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's an e-cargo cycle with electric assistance up to 15.5mph. Beyond that, it's pedal power only. It is not a motor vehicle, it requires no licence or insurance. You force it onto the road and much of the benefit provided by its size and manoeuvrability is lost.

It's legally a cycle.
What is legal and what is right are two different things.

It's certainly not a bicycle - its a slow four-wheeled electric truck - so as far as I'm concerned it's a motor vehicle - it's closer to a reliant robin than a bike. No matter how the cycling industry is trying to pretend ebikes aren't limited e-motorbikes - that van is 100% a "motor vehicle".

Recumbent? Even with more than two wheels. Yep - you can make that argument IMO. Personal transportation. That's a lorry and a massive obstruction - those lanes aren't designed for vehicles like that. You'll force roadies back on to the road because they can't get past the e-truck - and that's the exact opposite of what we're supposed to be doing with bicycle lanes - providing safe segregation for commuting traffic from motorised vehicles.

I'd hate to get fucking hit by that thing. Especially with all the deliveries in the back.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
No, it isn't a bicycle. It's a cycle. It isn't a motor vehicle since it's propelled by human power and will not move unless pedalled. It isn't mechanically propelled.

Sorry Scouse but you're wrong on this. Your suggestions would have e-trikes useful for disabled people and cargo cycles such as the Urban Arrow forced out of cycle routes and into the carriageway. Nope.

> those lanes aren't designed for vehicles like that.

Yes they are, actually.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's frankly absurd that we have these cycle lanes, and they want to be kept for elite pro fast lycra wearing cyclists only?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if places where cycling is the preferred mode of transport, people don't rip around, more move as a blob at a leisurely pace?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's frankly absurd that we have these cycle lanes, and they want to be kept for elite pro fast lycra wearing cyclists only?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if places where cycling is the preferred mode of transport, people don't rip around, more move as a blob at a leisurely pace?

I thrash the shit out of my e-bike, proper tank it if there is nobody about. We have proper dedicated cycle lanes, not as fancy as in the city, but they converted light rail tracks, decades ago, to cycle lanes. Added to that, a load of new build stuff, with new lay-outs, that had to have them. It's brilliant.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, it isn't a bicycle. It's a cycle.
Cycles don't exist. Cycle is a verb - the repetitive motion of cycling. But "cycles" don't exist - they're not a thing. Bicycles are*.

*(the recumbent / disabled argument is made below (for the second time))

It isn't a motor vehicle since it's propelled by human power and will not move unless pedalled. It isn't mechanically propelled.
This argument again. We've all ridden ebikes - you move the pedals with the lightest of touches and the motor mechanically propels you.

There ain't no way that four-wheeled motorised vehicle, carrying half a tonne of amazon products, is getting propelled by human power. That is a flat-out lie.

Sorry Scouse but you're wrong on this. Your suggestions would have e-trikes useful for disabled people and cargo cycles such ...
No I'm not and you're ignoring my very clear points to make your argument:
Recumbent? Even with more than two wheels. Yep - you can make that argument IMO. Personal transportation.
Personal transportation. Not corporate transporation of heavy loads in commuter lanes.

That four wheeled motorised vehicle carrying heavy loads can get where it fucking needs to be - on the road, and away from cyclists (disabled or not).

Better that, than forcing real cyclists off their traffic-segregated cycle lanes to avoid amazon delivery drivers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Nope. I want cycle lanes for cyclists - safe places for mums and kids and disabled people* to use zero-carbon transportation away from heavy vehicles that kill when collisions happen largely because of their weight.

Four-wheeled Amazon delivery trucks (or shit milk floats) carrying heavy loads do not a safe road-sharing partner make.

*Edit: Yes and men - including white men - too! Not just the spacks and the newly-privileged.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Should add, now watched the video. Those little pram wheels are going to get absolutely wrecked against those kerbs.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I thrash the shit out of my e-bike, proper tank it if there is nobody about. We have proper dedicated cycle lanes, not as fancy as in the city, but they converted light rail tracks, decades ago, to cycle lanes. Added to that, a load of new build stuff, with new lay-outs, that had to have them. It's brilliant.
Yep. And 15mph is easily achieveable on a non-e mountain bike. That's why cycle lanes have been made for - after many many years of fighting for them.

If they want cargo delivery lanes because we don't want to use vans any more - take more road space off the cars - not more safe-space off cyclists.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
This argument again. We've all ridden ebikes - you move the pedals with the lightest of touches and the motor mechanically propels you.
Yes and no. You can't just bimble and expect the bike to get up to 15mph, you would fall sideways (or go nowhere in one of these) it's always a percentage of energy put in, up to a max of 200% in lazy mode (on my bike, others will likely have different ratios) and then doesn't assist at all over 15mph. Edit, having not cycled for 20 odd years, I tap out at about 25mph.

Edit, I reckon you could go much faster on a standard bike than an ebike because they are so much heavier, and only you are powering it over 15.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes and no. You can't just bimble and expect the bike to get up to 15mph, you would fall sideways (or go nowhere in one of these) it's always a percentage of energy put in, up to a max of 200% in lazy mode and then doesn't assist at all over 15mph.
Mr Amazon with half a tonne of dildos in his milk-float isn't riding in "eco" - he's in full turbo - with a battery pack that weighs more than a couple of ebikes put together most likely. Probably under the seat in his cab of his "cycle" eh?

Edit, I reckon you could go much faster on a standard bike than an ebike because they are so much heavier, and only you are powering it over 15.
Undoubtedly true. And partly why so many ebikers hack the limits (easily done - by manufacturer design) and/or just stick a throttle on their ebike (just like @Job did).

The "requirement to pedal" is just a artificial fluff to get around the legal requirement that actually cycling (the verb) is a requirement to call something a bike.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

You are right. When I lived in Denmark the cycle lanes were populated by people generally going at a leisurely pace because cycling is used as a mode of transport not as an excuse to dress up in lycra like a gimp and get in everyone's way.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Undoubtedly true. And partly why so many ebikers hack the limits (easily done - by manufacturer design) and/or just stick a throttle on their ebike (just like @Job did).

You certainly can, I could buy the conversion kit from the US, for my specific bike, there is even a bit next to the gear changer that it attaches to. Software change and an extra cable+throttle control. Highly illegal though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom