SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Agree.

But this:

I don't follow (it's been a hard day). Who's under more risk from terrorist attack? The risks from terrorism are practically zero. All the money we wank on that shit should be stopped and we should wank it on something more deserving, no?

Or am I missing something?

Prison systems essentially encouraging the radicalisation of inmates by other inmates, whether that's through crime or through extreme politics/religion, it's the same shit.

If you put someone who may have been a terrorist threat into prison, they're more likely come out of prison being more of a terrorist threat.

Gwadien

That's where we differ I guess, I have zero sympathy for child killers.

I don't think anybody here has sympathy for child killers.

I think we should have a judicial system to be proud of, rather than one where we throw them away to mob justice, then attempt to tell them that they're in prison because they don't fit in society; a society which accepts vigilantism, which is probably on a par with child killers for me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's where we differ I guess, I have zero sympathy for child killers.
Nobody is saying sympathise with them. But it's morally wrong to celebrate any criminal action.

It's fuck all to do with sympathy.

Edit: Mob justice is the issue here. As @Gwadien said.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Nobody is saying sympathise with them. But it's morally wrong to celebrate any criminal action.

It's fuck all to do with sympathy.

Edit: Mob justice is the issue here. As @Gwadien said.

Disagree there. @Gwadien said we should have a judicial system we can be proud off - that would be great in the ideal world but we haven't got a judicial system like that. The absolute worse criminals/career criminals get joke sentences (that's a different discussion though), in the absence of an adequate sentence, I have absolutely no problem with people going after child killers (and to be completely clear before the nitpicking starts - I'm talking about people that murder children, I'm not talking about being ok with a mob going after someone over an accident) If you think that's morally wrong, that's your right but I'm completely fine with it. I wouldn't cross the street to piss on a child killer if they were on fire.

Gwadien

Disagree there. @Gwadien said we should have a judicial system we can be proud off - that would be great in the ideal world but we haven't got a judicial system like that. The absolute worse criminals/career criminals get joke sentences (that's a different discussion though), in the absence of an adequate sentence, I have absolutely no problem with people going after child killers (and to be completely clear before the nitpicking starts - I'm talking about people that murder children, I'm not talking about being ok with a mob going after someone over an accident) If you think that's morally wrong, that's your right but I'm completely fine with it. I wouldn't cross the street to piss on a child killer if they were on fire.

It would be far more beneficial to society if for the remainder of their prison sentences, we just kept asking 'why?' every day.

That way we could find out how these people tick, and potentially prevent future child killers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have absolutely no problem with people going after child killers
What you're saying here is "I'm 100% in favour of mob justice because my feelings on some subjects are completely uncontrollable".

Fair enough. But it's a moral and intellectual failing on your part.

Please try to recognise that this in no way means that I'm the least bit sympathetic to child killers. It's fuck all to do with that and all about how our criminal justice system should work.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It would be far more beneficial to society if for the remainder of their prison sentences, we just kept asking 'why?' every day.

That way we could find out how these people tick, and potentially prevent future child killers.

They should never see the light of day again. You could argue rehabilitation like most do but even then, I don't think child killers deserve a second chance, the child they killed will never have that second chance, why should they?

I don't disagree about studying them to find out how they tick.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
What about children who kill other children?

What if the adult child killer did so because they suffered prolonged, uninterrupted abuse as a child?

Maybe it'd be better if we invested our efforts into creating a society that minimised the chances of such things happening, while simultaneously ensuring through rehabilitation that offenders were never in a position to do it again. You don't get that kind of society by allowing inmates to poison food though.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
What about children who kill other children?

What if the adult child killer did so because they suffered prolonged, uninterrupted abuse as a child?

Maybe it'd be better if we invested our efforts into creating a society that minimised the chances of such things happening, while simultaneously ensuring through rehabilitation that offenders were never in a position to do it again. You don't get that kind of society by allowing inmates to poison food though.

That type of society will never exist. That requires society to change as a whole and as humans, we're just too selfish to do so.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That type of society will never exist. That requires society to change as a whole and as humans, we're just too selfish to do so.
Even if that is true it doesn't justify doing or celebrating the wrong things.

"Society is shit, therefore I'm going to be part of that shitness, rather than try to be better".

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Even if that is true it doesn't justify doing or celebrating the wrong things.

"Society is shit, therefore I'm going to be part of that shitness, rather than try to be better".

Or maybe I just don't want to sit on a high horse and pretend I'm better than everyone else in the world because I followed something that is perceived to be the "right" way? there no "right" way to deal with various crimes, if there was, every single country on the planet would all be doing the same thing, yet, they do not, they all have their own system/sentences for various crimes, some of which I'd argue is even worse/more gruesome than "Mob mentality"

boils down to this - I just don't give two shits if a mob go after someone for a crime that was truly abhorrent - you could argue XYZ factor "What if it was a kid killing another kid" "What if it was X that did X for Z", obviously factors play a part. For the truly evil though? fuck em.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yes your vigilantly style "justice" you just described.

Water off a ducks back.

The story in question - the woman was lacing the dead boys food with high quantities of salt, inmates with access to the kitchen did the same to her. Genuinely have no sympathy for her.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sorry @BloodOmen. You've set your stall out and very clearly it is "I'm part of the mob".

Fair enough. You can't engage your intellect over your emotions. But people like you are the reason we setup systems of justice and law - because mob justice is no justice at all.

But I still love ya ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Genuinely have no sympathy for her.
Neither do we. But intellectually we can understand how a) that shouldn't be allowed to happen and b) it's a moral failing on our part if we allow ourselves to enjoy that.

It's a question of intellect ruling our emotional makeup, rather than the other way around.

Gwadien

Also @BloodOmen you said that you don't care if the mob goes after people that have done very naughty things.

The next step is going after people that the mob think have done bad things.

That's why mob justice is always a bad thing because it's a slippery slope to the next.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Playing devils advocate - what's the difference between that, and false\mistaken imprisonment? The justice system we have is highly flawed as well.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Playing devils advocate - what's the difference between that, and false\mistaken imprisonment? The justice system we have is highly flawed as well.
It's self-evident that an imperfect system of justice is better than mob/no justice.

Gwadien

Merkel's gone.

End of an era.

She's like the only German leader I properly remember. (apart from Hitler and Bismarck, obvs.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom