SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
As for the whole bad words thing.

No, children should not be shielded from the language, yes they should be taught what it means, where it came from and in what context (if any) it would be appropriate. The N-bomb should not be used in any context, whatever colour you are. Except in the following line "racists, and general fuckwits say "Nigger"

This is the thing, schools are way more open with educating kids on all this shit, as I said, we're reading books to kids which deal with these issues all the time, same applies for most lessons that I teach, and yeah, we don't shy away from using terminology which is appropriate for the subject, and sometimes we show stuff to kids that's even considered too old to them (with prior agreement with the higher ups within the school, obviously, I'm not going to get Wij's dvd collection out).

As for the whole 'kids don't play bulldog anymore!' as I said before, it's health and safety; we had an email the other day from the site team about not letting kids throw snowballs because it might have grit in them and cause damage, and they'd be liable, and same applies for every other unsupervised 'contact'. Obviously they still do full contact rugby in PE and many other physical activities where kids can get hurt, but its all supervised.

So as much as people want to pass it of as a 'omg kids these days' or a 'fucking lefties' thing, it just isn't true, unfortunately.

This is coming from someone that has actually been in a school for an extended period of time in the last ~30 years...

I just draw the line at allowing kids to use that kind of language freely, because as I've said a number of times 'sticks and stones' is complete and utter bullshit.

Also, who gives a fuck what the certification people think, they've been irrelevant for years.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Because the alternative was even more of a joke.
I'd say appeared to be. But time has proven that if we'd thrown completely random dice, the chances are heavily in favour of most of the alternatives doing much better.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As for the whole 'kids don't play bulldog anymore!' as I said before, it's health and safety; we had an email the other day from the site team about not letting kids throw snowballs because it might have grit in them and cause damage, and they'd be liable, and same applies for every other unsupervised 'contact'. Obviously they still do full contact rugby in PE and many other physical activities where kids can get hurt, but its all supervised.

So as much as people want to pass it of as a 'omg kids these days' or a 'fucking lefties' thing, it just isn't true, unfortunately.
But you've just described it as true?

Snowballs banned? With actual enforcement of that ban? No more bulldog?

Increased deaths of young adults are a real thing. Which is fun, because they now call shit "tombstoning" and charge people for "coasteering" when we used to call it "jumping off cliffs for fun".

Don't get me wrong - I've been coasteering and had immense fun doing it. But it's nothing that I didn't do day in day out, completely unsupervised, from about the age of 7. From bulldog in school, people breaking their arms (there was regularly a kid in plaster) etc etc. To a conversation with my nieces the other day who'd reacted in horror to someone in a plastercast.

It's a hard argument to make to parents who don't want little johnny to get a scratch - but it's a regressive step. As can be seen in the deaths of adults who never had the opportunity to learn what hurts when they were kids with bendy bones and a third of the body mass.

So yeah. "Kids these days" tbpfh.

I just draw the line at allowing kids to use that kind of language freely
Nobody was arguing for that. Nobody.

This topic was started by a post about the BBFC going backwards in what's allowable to be heard and absolutely infantilises children when they need to be challenged. I mean, it's almost this level of ridiculousness*.

*BTW - Fry is wrong. You can't go to the grave at RAF Scrampton. The headstone has been removed and hidden from public view (rather than a plaque be erected next to it or something).

Gwadien

But you've just described it as true?

Snowballs banned? With actual enforcement of that ban? No more bulldog?

Increased deaths of young adults are a real thing. Which is fun, because they now call shit "tombstoning" and charge people for "coasteering" when we used to call it "jumping off cliffs for fun".

Don't get me wrong - I've been coasteering and had immense fun doing it. But it's nothing that I didn't do day in day out, completely unsupervised, from about the age of 7. From bulldog in school, people breaking their arms (there was regularly a kid in plaster) etc etc. To a conversation with my nieces the other day who'd reacted in horror to someone in a plastercast.

It's a hard argument to make to parents who don't want little johnny to get a scratch - but it's a regressive step. As can be seen in the deaths of adults who never had the opportunity to learn what hurts when they were kids with bendy bones and a third of the body mass.

So yeah. "Kids these days" tbpfh.

I don't see how kids can be responsible for it though.

I'd blame the sue culture that we're adopting from the US; schools are far more worried about kids getting hurt and therefore parents doing something legally about it, rather than schools making an active 'cover them in cotton wool'.

Why do you think school trips are a thing of the past?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't see how kids can be responsible for it though.
Not saying they are. But the end product is a bunch of whiny snowflakes who've never been exposed to anything.

I'd blame the sue culture that we're adopting from the US; schools are far more worried about kids getting hurt and therefore parents doing something legally about it, rather than schools making an active 'cover them in cotton wool'.

Why do you think school trips are a thing of the past?
School trips are a thing of the past?! :eek:

That's a political failure. Caused by the voting public. Politicians should be demanding better for our kids and putting in protective laws for the schools - and parents should be voting for that. But we're caught in a never ending spiral of mediocrity.

The snowflakes of today will grow up and turn their kids into the candyfloss* of the future.

*Sorry. Couldn't quickly think of something more delicate than a snowflake. :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
As much as I like Frankie Boyle I prefer his stand up. It comes across more spontaneous than reading off the autocue. I'm not saying his gags aren't funny, I just prefer him dishing out abuse to the audience and standing in front of a mic in a theatre.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'm going to give the new Dexter season a go. Heard mixed reviews. Bound to be a bit iffy after a hiatus of 10 years.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I went on a school trip to Germany at 15 and learned all about booze, smokes, girls and German dance music. Best school trip ever.

Came back with a butterfly knife and a flick knife that I gave to my 13 y/o sister.

The 80s/early 90s were a fucking great time to be at school.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Similar experience going to Interlaken, multiple nationality schools all the same hotel. Best holiday ever! Learnt a lot of naughty Italian that summer.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm going to give the new Dexter season a go. Heard mixed reviews. Bound to be a bit iffy after a hiatus of 10 years.

My son was a big fan of the originals and is watching it - says it's good.... I'll wait until I can binge, though (y)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
15 mins in to episode 1. So far so good...
(apart from the Dumb & Dumber haircut)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Every single time I hear about the Omicron virus I automatically think Lurr, Ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8 [Futurama]. Apparently, I'm not alone. Its a thing.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
This is getting ridiculous Gwad. I have no idea at this point how many times I've seen you make up worst case scenarios or scenarios that have nothing to do with the subject in question. As Scouse said, absolutely no one is saying that kids should be allowed to say shit without consequences. The whole point of the conversation is that you don't raise emotionally and mentally strong adults without exposing kids to the words and teaching them their history, context and why they're bad.

As for schools being worried about litigious parents, have them sign a waiver. Simples. Kids learn by doing stupid stuff and wrapping them in cotton woool is going to have a detrimental effect on them as young adults, as has already been pointed out. If you tell a kid not to touch something because it's hot (Young kids here) they are GOING to touch it. It will hurt and that will be a vaulable lesson.

Or as my kids call it..."Bulldog". And kids over here certainly still play it. To be honest I think Irish kids in general seem to be less cotton-wool wrapped than British kids. Still way more than I was as a kid though (my parents literally never knew where I was during the day from about the age of seven, we'd have a collective heart attack if my kids did a tenth of the dangerous, really dangerous shit I did).

This. Absolutely this. From the age of 6 or 7, after school and in the summer holidays my mates and I were gone. Usually miles from home and doing some really stupid shit. I spent a good portion of my childhood 60ft up trees, among other things. I broke my arm on what we called the catapult tree (Guess what that did) when I was 7. I've got a dent in my skull from an unfriendly building site and my mate and I used to climb a fence like the one pictured below to get on the roof of the local youth club for shits and giggles. My body has many scars from lessons learned as a child. Of course as Dagaffer said, I'd be fucking horrified if my kids got up to even half the shit I got up to. I'm surprised I made it to adulthood.

Used to play a game in cubs and scouts where we'd run from one end of the room to the other and someone would throw a football and try to hit your legs. If you got hit you joined the person throwing the ball. Last one standing won. Always people getting their legs taken out from under them by getting hit while trying to jump over the ball. Bruises galore and a lot of fun!

gettyimages-1253449434-1024x1024.jpg

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I didn't post nigger because I didn't see the need to and last time I posted Paki (or something similar) @Deebs gave me a warning so I fully expect the same here :)

But on topic so your philosophy is that all kids are liars and should be ignored.

And we said Job wanted the 19th century back.

But you probably should know that kids as young as 12 are currently being read books to them that involve lots of racism and detailed rape bits etc.

So yeah...
Not sure what life that was in. You have received 5 warnings and I just went through all of them and none of them was for using racist language.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
We did a lot of stupid crazy shit in the 80s/90s though, hence the memes...

5w65un.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I don't understand why anyone would eat it. Traditional or not.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You can't buy shares in SpaceX or Starlink for now (if ever), so I bought some of these. Spaceflight is going to be extremely important this century I think, and all these new companies springing up to make it massively cheaper will change things forever.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kwAPr5G6WA

Gwadien

View: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-59505688

Biggest scumbag in the world.

Or are we more the scumbags for supporting such scumbags?

It's not just the whole 'the Taliban are our brothers' its the 'I'm the reason why nobody believed in democracy in Afghanistan due to the corruption that I allowed, now I'm happy to throw a way of life under the bus, because i'm alright'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom