SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If you want to fix the refugee issue (I don't think it's a crisis as made out by politicians and the media) then you set up safe methods for people to travel here and claim asylum.

Guess what the government isn't doing.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If you want to fix the refugee issue (I don't think it's a crisis as made out by politicians and the media) then you set up safe methods for people to travel here and claim asylum.

Guess what the government isn't doing.

Definitely being demonised by the media and cunts like Farage. As for the government, it's the tories :p need I say more? and before Bodhi strops in - no, I don't think Labour would do a better job, that doesn't mean we should be defending the tories though.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Also worth noting France get tens of millions to stop channel crossings and their has been video footage of french police standing on beaches watching them cross during dangerous weather - the french are also at fault here, big time.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Also worth noting France get tens of millions to stop channel crossings and their has been video footage of french police standing on beaches watching them cross during dangerous weather - the french are also at fault here, big time.

Why though? They're letting them pass through their borders, we'd be doing the same thing if we swapped places.

What I don't get is the obsession with the gangs who facilitate the crossing, hasn't been mentioned in the past what, 20 years? Now people are under the illusion that stopping them will stop it altogether.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Why though? They're letting them pass through their borders, we'd be doing the same thing if we swapped places.

What I don't get is the obsession with the gangs who facilitate the crossing, hasn't been mentioned in the past what, 20 years? Now people are under the illusion that stopping them will stop it altogether.

I mean if you want to get technical, migrants have the legal right to settle and stay in the first EU member country they come to. The French could bring that up with the EU if they're sick of having migrants making shanty towns in France.

As for the gangs? no idea. You'd think with the tech we have, being able to find terrorists from thousands of miles away we could identify a people smuggling ring. Would it stop it? no, it would slow it down if gangs were weeded out though and if it were slowed down, it might be perceived to be more manageable.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

You mean the £54m the UK promised to pay France last July and then said "the cheque's in the post" last month?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
You mean the £54m the UK promised to pay France last July and then said "the cheque's in the post" last month?

I mean France hasn't exactly been doing what they were allegedly paid to do, who is at fault here?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Boris, for that ridiculous stunt of releasing that letter. He is an absolute joke on the world stage.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Boris, for that ridiculous stunt of releasing that letter. He is an absolute joke on the world stage.

And yet people voted Tory knowing almost fine well he'd be next in line to David Cameron. Speaks volumes about the majority of our voters.

Edit: and don't even mention Theresa May :p she was just a token.

Last edited:

Gwadien

And yet people voted Tory knowing almost fine well he'd be next in line to David Cameron. Speaks volumes about the majority of our voters.

Edit: and don't even mention Theresa May :p she was just a token.

Don't you see by the 'It's France's fault' you're buying that Boris juice that you claim to hate?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Don't you see by the 'It's France's fault' you're buying that Boris juice that you claim to hate?

I never said it was France's fault. I was implying there is a disconnect between both governments. It certainly doesn't help that Macron has a napoleon complex though or that Boris and his closest Tory arse lickers were born into the establishment and don't really understand how society is meant to function.

Gwadien

I never said it was France's fault. I was implying there is a disconnect between both governments. It certainly doesn't help that Macron has a napoleon complex though or that Boris and his closest Tory arse lickers were born into the establishment and don't really understand how society is meant to function.

Again, Napoleon complex - Tory language.

All I see is one of the best statesmen in Europe, looking for re-election, and he's doing that by showing that he puts France's interests first, and solidifying his status by becoming the de-facto leader of the EU when Merkel is gone.

Obviously, I'd like to see both sides be grown up about it and stop squabbling over this shit whilst people are dying in a relatively small stretch of water between two of the most advanced nations on the planet, but I can't get on board with the 'FUCK FRANCE' stance when our Prime Minister sends out a plan to Macron which doesn't even mention the saving of human lives, but rather playing 'The war on Drugs trafficking gangs' because it's politically palatable.

It's being treated as a diplomacy issue, rather than a humanitarian one, and it's a disgrace.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I mean France hasn't exactly been doing what they were allegedly paid to do, who is at fault here?

No, the UK hasn't paid France to do something that is (apparently) in the UK's interest and claimed "administration issues" as the reason why. They haven't held it back as some kind of penalty clause. So the UK is very much at fault.

I just can't get all bothered about anything France does when the UK ranks 17th in Europe for asylum seekers; its a load of press fuelled hysteria over fuck all.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Im a little surprised its gotten tightened but looking back at ratings from 80s and 90s seems the way its been going for a while

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Totally @Ormorof.

And the likely outcome of a kids who hear racist words when they're older is emotional shock and outrage and actual violence.

Whereas if you hear the terms when you're very young then you're given an opportunity to be taught that they're bad and build up the emotional resilience you need so when you face actual racism in the future you don't lose your shit.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Totally @Ormorof.

And the likely outcome of a kids who hear racist words when they're older is emotional shock and outrage and actual violence.

Whereas if you hear the terms when you're very young then you're given an opportunity to be taught that they're bad and build up the emotional resilience you need so when you face actual racism in the future you don't lose your shit.

Where is the evidence to suggest either of those two things you've stated are true?

Why would someone not lose their shit at a real racist because they've heard the n word on tv?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Where is the evidence to suggest either of those two things you've stated are true?

Why would someone not lose their shit at a real racist because they've heard the n word on tv?

Got to be kidding right?

Being taught the history of words and how they're used culturally and how the impact of using the word impacts people - from a young age - means there's less of a dramatic response as an adult when you hear them. You know it's bad but you don't go "OMG CRY CRY CRY"

If you're not taught that and then as an adult you hear "the n word" you have a higher emotional response and potentially go off the rails. It's like being called a cunt. It's a term of endearment to some people because of nurture and some people go off the rails.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Totally @Ormorof.

Bring back mandatory bullying in schools. That'll learn 'em.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Got to be kidding right?

Being taught the history of words and how they're used culturally and how the impact of using the word impacts people - from a young age - means there's less of a dramatic response as an adult when you hear them. You know it's bad but you don't go "OMG CRY CRY CRY"

If you're not taught that and then as an adult you hear "the n word" you have a higher emotional response and potentially go off the rails. It's like being called a cunt. It's a term of endearment to some people because of nurture and some people go off the rails.

If I'd been taught the cultural impact of a word and then heard someone using it, I'd be more upset...

I don't get your logic at all.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
If I'd been taught the cultural impact of a word and then heard someone using it, I'd be more upset...

I don't get your logic at all.

Yes. You'd be upset. But you'd not have a explosive emotional reaction.

There's "being upset" and then there's "uncontrolled anger because of a bad word"

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Yes. You'd be upset. But you'd not have a explosive emotional reaction.

There's "being upset" and then there's "uncontrolled anger because of a bad word"

How do you know that? Why don't you try it on someone?

This is genuinely such a baffling argument.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom