SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
This is the thing. Boris is playing to the people who voted for him.

If he baits the French - people will go "well why are the French letting migrants come here anyway? Why doesn't France take them all?"

These people don't care if we look like Chavs in front of the world.

No, the thing is that France (or any European nation for that matter) could unilaterally declare war on the UK, and all the demented idiots who haven't moved on since 2016 would be supporting them.

The aftermath of the death of 27 people trying to cross the Channel isn't really the best time for posturing and political bickering, but that's never particularly obvious to the French.

Between us we need to get a handle on the people smugglers, preferably putting them in jail somewhere, then go and get those who wish to seek refuge in the UK.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, the thing is that France (or any European nation for that matter) could unilaterally declare war on the UK
I can see your position is based on a non-hysterical rational mind and that fact makes me respect the rest of your post even more.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
No, the thing is that France (or any European nation for that matter) could unilaterally declare war on the UK, and all the demented idiots who haven't moved on since 2016 would be supporting them.

The aftermath of the death of 27 people trying to cross the Channel isn't really the best time for posturing and political bickering, but that's never particularly obvious to the French.

Between us we need to get a handle on the people smugglers, preferably putting them in jail somewhere, then go and get those who wish to seek refuge in the UK.

Yes because we're all drinking Boris water and the reason why they're in northern France is because of the smugglers.

The migrants are an opportunity, you jail the smugglers and more will turn up, probably creating some nice gang warfare in the process, do we never fucking learn?

Bodhi

Yes because we're all drinking Boris water and the reason why they're in northern France is because of the smugglers.

The migrants are an opportunity, you jail the smugglers and more will turn up, probably creating some nice gang warfare in the process, do we never fucking learn?

In that case you remove the opportunity. If we're going to get people seeking refuge properly, there's no need for people smuggling.

Gwadien

In that case you remove the opportunity. If we're going to get people seeking refuge properly, there's no need for people smuggling.

How do you remove the opportunity? Encourage countries to shoot people that illegally pass through their countries?

Also, our track record of 'getting people who seek refuge' is fucking awful, Syria; we got like x tens of thousands whilst their neighbouring countries were dealing with millions?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The only way to stop it is to improve the countries that they are coming from.

Gwadien

The only way to stop it is to improve the countries that they are coming from.

Which isn't remotely alluded to in our supreme leader's 5 point plan.

I could actually see gunboats in the channel firing warning shots at people, and the vast majority of the Tory voterbase wouldn't bat an eyelid.

Gwadien

I feel like this is empty gesturing.

A law which essentially puts more burden on local authorities that are already underfunded.

All it's doing is pushing other people in need further down the list, rather than being 'world leading'.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
What do you need resolving from an energy company?

They charge ya, you pay your bill. That's about it, right?
Until the fuckers try to charge you 300 quid for gas, just because their database says the house has gas. The supply was capped at least 10 years ago.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

I feel like this is empty gesturing.

A law which essentially puts more burden on local authorities that are already underfunded.

All it's doing is pushing other people in need further down the list, rather than being 'world leading'.

The cynic in me suggests they're focusing on Downs because its effectively disappearing from the population (96% of Downs cases in the UK aren't brought to term). Otherwise why wouldn't they make this a general provision for people with severe disabilities?

Bodhi

How do you remove the opportunity? Encourage countries to shoot people that illegally pass through their countries?

Also, our track record of 'getting people who seek refuge' is fucking awful, Syria; we got like x tens of thousands whilst their neighbouring countries were dealing with millions?

Well I mean you could set up machine gun turrets just outside Calais to stop people making the journey, but I'd be more in favour of us going to get them from Syria / Iraq etc. A nice military plane sounds a far more comfortable journey than walking through Europe then jumping in a dinghy for the last part.

So yes, I'd make more provisions for legal / controlled migration, whilst doing all we can to stop the illegal stuff. Guess that makes me a migration centrist or something.

Gwadien

Well I mean you could set up machine gun turrets just outside Calais to stop people making the journey, but I'd be more in favour of us going to get them from Syria / Iraq etc. A nice military plane sounds a far more comfortable journey than walking through Europe then jumping in a dinghy for the last part.

So yes, I'd make more provisions for legal / controlled migration, whilst doing all we can to stop the illegal stuff. Guess that makes me a migration centrist or something.

Unless you want to boost the migration numbers to match the amount of people that make the journey across, wouldn't it largely be a waste of time?

People are still going to make the journey so criminals still have an opportunity to make some cash.

We live in a more isolated world, with increasing wealth inequality; the only solution (Other than going full nazi) is to develop other countries and work with other countries to promote peace throughout the war.

I think we're fools for trying to think we can stop it when it gets to our borders, as it does silly things like ruins our relationship with France.

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Was at a dinner yesterday and restaurant put out huge platters of salami and prosciutto... 3/5 peeps at the table turned out to be vegetarians, mountains of meat consumed was awesome

Gwadien

I just taught a lesson prescribed from the Trust overlords which basically had the learning goal of - Tudor society treated people with learning disabilities well.

The evidence? One source that Henry the VIII had a pet special person.

State of education, yo.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Get a cat they said, it will be fun, they said.

20211129_092602.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Was he about to fuck all your pictures on to the floor?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
One on the floor, one behind the unit. Quite impressive. He wants to go out but A. we have only had him a week, B, he is 4-5 months old and C, it's -4 out.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I just taught a lesson prescribed from the Trust overlords which basically had the learning goal of - Tudor society treated people with learning disabilities well.

The evidence? One source that Henry the VIII had a pet special person.

State of education, yo.

IIRC Henry VIII kept quite a lot of disabled people in his court as a sort of freak show.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I think pretty much all court jesters were disabled in one shape or form. So were/are the royalty, all the in-breeding.

Gwadien

IIRC Henry VIII kept quite a lot of disabled people in his court as a sort of freak show.

Yes but to the trust lead of history who's probably on about 80k that means that all people with learning difficulties were treated well during Tudor times.

Gwadien

Guy knows a thing or two about poverty then ;)

The thing is as well is that it's the David Ross trust (the bloke that paid for Boris to go on his jollies.)

So I wouldn't be surprised if it was some attempt to please the Tories in rewriting our history to make us look better.

It's some weird twist on the great thing that is social history.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Teaching the yoots that their masters aren't all bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom