SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Who wants to live in a flat tho?

If it came soundproofed and scentproofed I wouldn't have a problem.

It's just that our flats are probably at an inferior quality than countries with higher flatterists.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's the communal areas that get me, after visiting friends. Even the fancy ones are shit-tips.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Lifts, stairs, corridors, lobby etc. People never give a fuck about them.

Maybe you've been to wrong kind of apartments :D

Pretty much all apartment buildings here have some sort of maintenance company contracted to keep things in good shape. And when you own the place (you actually own a share in building rather than individual apartment usually) you take care of it

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It's the communal areas that get me, after visiting friends. Even the fancy ones are shit-tips.

Last flat I owned in London had big communal gardens and they were immaculate; a damn site tidier than my own garden these days.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh dear. I'm with Bulb.

Bulb will become the first energy company to be placed into "special administration", where it is run by the government through the regulator Ofgem.
Private company wound up. Directors off with some nice dividends. No exposure to the loss.

Public pics up loss.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Last flat I owned in London had big communal gardens and they were immaculate; a damn site tidier than my own garden these days.

Modern housing developments have contractual requirements regarding standards and maintenance of shared areas.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Private company wound up. Directors off with some nice dividends. No exposure to the loss.

Public pics up loss.

Yes not ideal.

Also what kind of deal will customers get when the government gets fed up running yet another private company?
I guess they will eventually get palmed off to the bigger companies just like the others that have collapsed.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Your contract will be sold off to the highest bidder. Enough people will not get around to changing, or just not care. Very lucrative.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Your contract will be sold off to the highest bidder.
Nobody wants them because the "market" rules are shite.

We'll pick up all the losses then when it becomes profitable again then we'll sell them at a massive loss.

This has been the way to ensure rich people remain rich for ages.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Modern housing developments have contractual requirements regarding standards and maintenance of shared areas.

It was actually a thirties art deco block, but there was a very active management company. To be honest the only time I've ever had trouble with common areas in flats is in house conversions, because the management company isn't usually up to the task.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It was actually a thirties art deco block, but there was a very active management company. To be honest the only time I've ever had trouble with common areas in flats is in house conversions, because the management company isn't usually up to the task.

My point was more about how it isn't something limited to flats, it seems common across all modern housing developments from flats to detached houses.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
There is no "n" in the word "restaurateur" (noun, a person who owns or runs a restaurant)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
No :) I am simply suggesting that all of a sudden public bodies are flapping over her majesty :)

Mate who is senior at a top end events company has had a text saying Westminster Abbey will be closed for 3 weeks in Feb. Never closes. Abdication incoming?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Place your bets.

Thought she'd go on until death.

Hopefully Charlie will dissolve the monarchy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom