SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yes, rescue but easy mode, my last 2 were feral, lost them both over the last year or so. He is 5 months and came from a house full of children and other animals and couldn't cope. He is settling in nicely.

I think you'll find he's starting to accept you in his new territory.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think you'll find he's starting to accept you in his new territory.

Pretty much, he is currently demanding that I let him out of the kitchen by meowing at the top of his voice.

Embattle

FH is my second home
All I see here is the council doing something so they can get tax revenue from 'legitimate' businesses, so them taxes can be spent on conducting such 'raids'.

During economic hardship too.

:)

Kind of a odd and silly statement and I think even if it was about local and national tax revenues that would be a perfectly valid reason to raid them, but it is also about trying to defraud customers and most importantly health and safety and no doubt many other reasons.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
All I see here is the council doing something so they can get tax revenue from 'legitimate' businesses, so them taxes can be spent on conducting such 'raids'.

During economic hardship too.

:)

I've had to deal with fake sellers more than once when I worked in retail, they can fuck right off.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
PXL_20211120_152145383.jpg

Insulating my front room floor. I was going to do this a few years back but Grenfell happened and I hesitated. The blanket I've bought (that's just the first part, and it's still rolled up there - I rolled it to make it easier getting it into place) is fireproof though. And speaking with builders I'm happy the other insulation in the other room is safe. So I'm starting up again. It took about an hour to get that down there, it's a fucking nightmare. In the trapdoor in the downstairs landing, drag it through to the backroom, turn 180, through a small hole in the wall into the front room. The hole is behind this photo. There are loads of cables, a gas pipe, and several heating pipes to get past. I've got a staple gun to staple it to the joists, I'll do that tomorrow. Just getting that there was knackering and utterly filthy. And I have lots more to come.

Oh and the vertical pieces of wood are there because if you look closely, some cunt who had the house before me chopped a couple of joists in two. So the floor was bouncy.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
View attachment 45278

Insulating my front room floor. I was going to do this a few years back but Grenfell happened and I hesitated. The blanket I've bought (that's just the first part, and it's still rolled up there - I rolled it to make it easier getting it into place) is fireproof though. And speaking with builders I'm happy the other insulation in the other room is safe. So I'm starting up again. It took about an hour to get that down there, it's a fucking nightmare. In the trapdoor in the downstairs landing, drag it through to the backroom, turn 180, through a small hole in the wall into the front room. The hole is behind this photo. There are loads of cables, a gas pipe, and several heating pipes to get past. I've got a staple gun to staple it to the joists, I'll do that tomorrow. Just getting that there was knackering and utterly filthy. And I have lots more to come.

Oh and the vertical pieces of wood are there because if you look closely, some cunt who had the house before me chopped a couple of joists in two. So the floor was bouncy.

I thought you had buried a body under your floorboards

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

Not seen that before. Are those bits of wood holding up your floor? What's stopping them from getting damp/rotten and failing?

This is from someone that lives in a 400 year old house that has an essentially brick floor with nothing but earth underneath.

Edit. When we moved in, we had a corner cupboard, kind of built in, by my great grandad, perhaps 30s or so. It had literally turned to soil at the bottom.

Last edited:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Someone before me cut some joists in two for some reason (you can see it), and the floor was bouncy so I fixed it that way. They won't rot, it never gets wet in there, the house has a permanent breeze running beneath it and I'm on top of a hill. The ground here is bone dry.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
'Gosforth Handyman' on youtube covers alot of this stuff in his recent renovation series...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Very hard job this, the lack of space to work and the dust makes it not very nice. I got nauseous after about 30 minutes so that's enough for now. I'll do a bit each day, will probably take me a week or two overall. Lots of staples required to keep it up, and I have to work out a way to divert the air brick (you can't see it here) so cold air goes below the blanket, not above it. I'm thinking a small bit of polystyrene insulation will do that.

PXL_20211121_111301505.jpg

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Idi Amin, the former Ugandan dictator and genocidal maniac, awarded himself an interesting set of titles

"His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular, and the Uncrowned King of Scotland"

Embattle

FH is my second home
Idi Amin, the former Ugandan dictator and genocidal maniac, awarded himself an interesting set of titles

"His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular, and the Uncrowned King of Scotland"

I always like how tinpot regime leaders add as many medals/titles as they can.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Was a film about it.

but to be fair, I think Idi Amin calling himself King Of Scotland is just as legitimate as Elizabeth calling herself Queen Of England.

The cunt.

Tom

I am a FH squatter

They need to stop building out, and start more building up. Not everyone wants or needs a driveway and front/rear garden. And building small, dense neighbourhoods correctly (not like Hulme of old) into 15-minute neighbourhoods has many, many advantages over the typical "let's stick 200 houses in a field off a motorway junction" approach.

For example:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep. And this:
builders said that the need for new homes meant even flood-risk areas would have to be used
Developers are sat on a lot of land. LOTS of land.

We should legislate their decades-old purchase of floodplains that they've held on their portfolios out of existence. One fell swoop - "you can't build on flood-risk land, you cunts, and you've got plenty of land to build on that you're holding back because you want to rid yourselves of flood-risk land first, before building on the other".

Private companies can take the hit instead of taxpayers (who end up bailing out).

But: Tories.

DaGaffer

They need to stop building out, and start more building up. Not everyone wants or needs a driveway and front/rear garden. And building small, dense neighbourhoods correctly (not like Hulme of old) into 15-minute neighbourhoods has many, many advantages over the typical "let's stick 200 houses in a field off a motorway junction" approach.

For example:

Already happening over here, which is a bit weird looking on occasion (three story town houses very much not in towns) and everyone is getting used to having gardens the size of a postage stamp. Ironically however, Ireland probably doesn't need this approach in most places, and its mainly a function of developer greed (land is more expensive than bricks).

Ormorof

FH is my second home

For example:

They did that in Denmark years ago. The problem being who ends up living in government owned, cheap properties with limited car access? Immigrants for the most part. doesnt help the gov dumped refugees there with every crisis that came up, whwt could possibly go wrong dropping greeks, turks, kurds, arabs, bosnians, serbs, and croats all in the same neighborhood Ishøj Municipality - Wikipedia

Was fun place to live though no need for a car at all could walk or bike everywhere safely, ever half a block was a different playground with space for football/basketball, big parks in centre between the buildings. they even had shopping cart collection points on each blocks corner so you could just roll your cart to the front door from the supermarket

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Personally I like the idea of choice - if you want to be crammed into a development with loads of other people and no garden or space to put a car you crack on, however after 6 years living in a "high density neighbourhood" I'd rather not tbh.

DaGaffer

They did that in Denmark years ago. The problem being who ends up living in government owned, cheap properties with limited car access? Immigrants for the most part. doesnt help the gov dumped refugees there with every crisis that came up, whwt could possibly go wrong dropping greeks, turks, kurds, arabs, bosnians, serbs, and croats all in the same neighborhood Ishøj Municipality - Wikipedia

Was fun place to live though no need for a car at all could walk or bike everywhere safely, ever half a block was a different playground with space for football/basketball, big parks in centre between the buildings. they even had shopping cart collection points on each blocks corner so you could just roll your cart to the front door from the supermarket

Tom's Utrecht example fixes that problem by making each property eye-wateringly expensive. No danger of poor brown people messing up the place when flats start at €500,000.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Tom's Utrecht example fixes that problem by making each property eye-wateringly expensive. No danger of poor brown people messing up the place when flats start at €500,000.
As a model for wider rollout though. The reason it's eye-watering is limited supply and desirability, so rich people will rock up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom