SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's all a bit Brandon Lee eh? As producer he's got some culpability there too.

"Any scheme that replaces wood heaters with less polluting forms of heating will pay for itself within a year and provide ongoing savings from the avoided additional disease and death associated with woodsmoke".

Government could justify the banning/removal of wood burners from all our homes at government cost with this.

Edit: It just occured to me - we can easily justify the banning of fireplaces.

No fireplaces, no more chimneys.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Alec Baldwin shoots and kills a women with a prop gun on set of a new film:

It is insane that they are not using for example partly plugged guns at least. It isn’t shocking seeing their chill stance on guns

Remember, if it was last year or the year before, when an American film team brought fully functioning automatic weapons to Prague. Was it for a Bond movie?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I wonder if anything will happen... I know if it wasn't Alec Baldwin there certainly would be charges.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I wonder if anything will happen... I know if it wasn't Alec Baldwin there certainly would be charges.

Not against him there won't be. It will likely be against the production team and or prop people.

Gwadien

Not against him there won't be. It will likely be against the production team and or prop people.

I guess we'll see what happens, but I don't see how he managed to shoot two people before realising that it wasn't right.

Unless he shot both with one bullet, which then begs the question; why the fuck have they got such high calibre prop guns? :D

Wij

I am a FH squatter

So the opposite of what the "fucking right" tend to claim ;)
Those that have bothered to check know that Facebook and Twitter are much better at promoting right-wing content. They don't care though. Whinging about lefty bias even though they know it's not true is a good way of keeping it leaning in their direction.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The world would be a far better place if Twitter, Facebook and Co were taken out back and put out of their misery.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

No charges should be put forward regardless of who it was pulling the trigger. There is someone on set that is meant to check guns before they're used to avoid such issues, if anything, it would be them that should be charged.

It's a sad event and unfortunately Alec will have to live with it for the rest of his life as will the family of the woman that died.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The world would be a far better place if Twitter, Facebook and Co were taken out back and put out of their misery.
Facebook could be in Enron-style trouble from what the FT was reporting. It basically covered up that it knew it's reach figures that determine how much its ads and data are worth were vastly inflated and continued to profit from what it knew was bullshit.

Zuckerberg and his cronies are a big bunch of grifters. Probably explains why they get on with Trumpistas so well.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Facebook could be in Enron-style trouble from what the FT was reporting. It basically covered up that it knew it's reach figures that determine how much its ads and data are worth were vastly inflated and continued to profit from what it knew was bullshit.

Zuckerberg and his cronies are a big bunch of grifters. Probably explains why they get on with Trumpistas so well.

Good. The sooner facebook dies society would be better off imo. Same with Twitter.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Those that have bothered to check know that Facebook and Twitter are much better at promoting right-wing content. They don't care though. Whinging about lefty bias even though they know it's not true is a good way of keeping it leaning in their direction.
Why is this a surprise?

I think they promote views that anger people. And leftists shout very loudly when right wing views are espoused.

A fuckton of angry people arguing is a core pillar of their business model. So of course right wing views will filter to the top. It's what gets them engagement.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Zuckerberg and his cronies are a big bunch of grifters.
It's not unique to these companies though. I think the vast majority of all companies are just that. They produce shit that will sell, not stuff that's useful.

Gwadien

Why is this a surprise?

I think they promote views that anger people. And leftists shout very loudly when right wing views are espoused.

A fuckton of angry people arguing is a core pillar of their business model. So of course right wing views will filter to the top. It's what gets them engagement.

I think you're wrong here.

I don't think it has anything to do with algorithms at all.

It's to do with £££££££££.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think you're wrong here.

I don't think it has anything to do with algorithms at all.

It's to do with £££££££££.
It's the profitable algorithm.

The algorithm says "what gets us the most engagement" (and therefore ££££) - and outraging lefties by floating right wing ideas for them to throw an emotional hissy fit about is clearly profitable.

Gwadien

It's the profitable algorithm.

The algorithm says "what gets us the most engagement" (and therefore ££££) - and outraging lefties by floating right wing ideas for them to throw an emotional hissy fit about is clearly profitable.

Isn't this precisely what you to for leftist views though?

You've made a thread dedicated to it.

I think extreme right/left views are the most profitable, that's why I was talking to a bloke from the US (but lives in Italy) last night, and he was saying that he voted for Trump the second time (but not the first) 'because Biden wants to let parents chop their kid's dicks off', oh and he considered himself to be a Libertarian, and he got pretty confused when I suggested there was some hypocrisy in his views.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not really following your post but this:
Biden wants to let parents chop their kid's dicks off', oh and he considered himself to be a Libertarian, and he got pretty confused when I suggested there was some hypocrisy in his views.
He's against Biden wanting to let people chop their kids dicks off (1) and you said that's hypocritical of him (2)??

Gwadien

I'm not really following your post but this:
He's against Biden wanting to let people chop their kids dicks off (1) and you said that's hypocritical of him (2)??

So you're talking about how right wing views are popular on fb due to left wing people being hysterical about said right wing views, but I'm suggesting that you do the same for left wing views, and therefore making being hysterical about left wing views is also profitable, so by your own admission you're also guilty of passively supporting extreme political views.

Yes, because being a Libertarian means that you're letting individuals do what they like, but the reality of Libertarianism is that people can do what they like so long as they align with certain views.

IE, you are free to brainwash your kids with extreme views of Christianity (and let's be honest, Libertarian views in the US stems from pretty oppressive parts of the US) not to say that everyone that considers themselves to be Libertarian are extreme in their views.

Surely if you're a Libertarian you don't want the states intervention in anything, period. So therefore cutting your child's dick off is up to you?

For the record, I don't support chopping penises either, but I do think there's more pressing issues in politics than Biden's 'views' (because let's be honest, he's probably too tired to care) on Trans issues.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So you're talking about how right wing views are popular on fb due to left wing people being hysterical about said right wing views, but I'm suggesting that you do the same for left wing views
Let me stop you there.

I do the same for idiotic views. Left or right.

(And I certainly don't waste my time with anything that pushes something in my face by algorithm.)

because being a Libertarian means that you're letting individuals do what they like
Not really. Nope.

Surely if you're a Libertarian you don't want the states intervention in anything, period. So therefore cutting your child's dick off is up to you?
And this is where your intellectual argument keeps falling flat on it's face.

You always jump to the most extreme ridiculous idea and it doesn't fit any useful definition or serve any useful purpose.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The facebook problem goes away if facebook stops responding to demands for them to police speech and just says "free speech is free speech and it's up to you fuckwitts to make your own idiot minds up".

Gwadien

The facebook problem goes away if facebook stops responding to demands for them to police speech and just says "free speech is free speech and it's up to you fuckwitts to make your own idiot minds up".

So you want billions of people to get a constant stream of information to their faces from essentially the highest bidder and then you want them to make their own minds up about it?

Have you ever used Facebook before?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So you want billions of people to get a constant stream of information to their faces from essentially the highest bidder and then you want them to make their own minds up about it?
Yep.

Have you ever used Facebook before?
Nope. I knew it was going to be exactly like this when it first came on the scene and internet geeks of the world said just that but sheep-like retards went ahead anyway and became shit-fed product for facebook to serve up to paying advertisers.

We don't live in a real democracy anyway - we live under technocratic rule. So I don't give a fuck who ends up in charge - it won't really change anything meaningful.

In the meantime I'd rather treat humans as adults rather than legislating changes to the ingredients of their farm food - because retards are gonna be retards but thought-crime legislation is dangerous at a structural level.

Gwadien

Yep.

Nope. I knew it was going to be exactly like this when it first came on the scene and internet geeks of the world said just that but sheep-like retards went ahead anyway and became shit-fed product for facebook to serve up to paying advertisers.

We don't live in a real democracy anyway - we live under technocratic rule. So I don't give a fuck who ends up in charge - it won't really change anything meaningful.

In the meantime I'd rather treat humans as adults rather than legislating changes to the ingredients of their farm food - because retards are gonna be retards but thought-crime legislation is dangerous at a structural level.

Do yourself a favour, make a fake Facebook account, go and like lots of different extreme views and then scroll through Facebook as your only source of information.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Do yourself a favour, make a fake Facebook account, go and like lots of different extreme views and then scroll through Facebook as your only source of information.
Why would I waste my life?

You're not teaching me anything here - I knew that was going to be exactly how it turned out. It was obvious from the start.

The rest of my post deals with why it doesn't matter.

Gwadien

Why would I waste my life?

You're not teaching me anything here - I knew that was going to be exactly how it turned out. It was obvious from the start.

The rest of my post deals with why it doesn't matter.

Because I've only just realised that you're talking about something you have 0 experience of, and you're extremely preachy about it.

I find that very very strange.

And sure, I absolutely agree, that we should be focusing on more important stuff, but we currently live in a 'democracy' where big oil isn't going to let us go green, and they're spending so much money in governments across the world to make that a reality - Facebook is a way to do that to the masses, and it's so much more cheaper :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom