SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
My loft door, thin wood. Never really thought about insulation on it. But I noticed it on the camera and stuck a few spare bits of Celotex to the back. Quite a difference. Ignore the low temperature number, it's reading the edge where there'll always be a slight breeze (unless I get some sticky foam tape on there).

Attachments

• FLIR_20211019_072445.jpg
    FLIR_20211019_072445.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 4
  • FLIR_20211019_020933.jpg
    FLIR_20211019_020933.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 4

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My loft door, thin wood. Never really thought about insulation on it.
You can put a big pile of rockwool (or whatever) and make a plastic dome that covers it. It's a massive leak space.

I'm liking your camera. But for the fact that my whole house would show as leaky. as. fuck.

I'm making very good use of having freezing cold hands and face, whilst sat under multiple blankets.

During the day it's "wear alpine merino base layers under work shirts, whilst sat with a blanket around me and nobody can tell".

I'm a giant pile* of eco-win me ;)

*a cold shivering pile

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm toasty af, because I did the legwork rather than telling everyone else to :)

Next job is sealing the "barn" so I can turn it into a workshop, now that will be a ballache, you can currently see daylight between the roof tiles.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The main issue in this house now is external walls. But truth is, I haven't ever touched the front bedroom, so that needs replastering anyway. And the bathroom needs replastering and then tiling properly, especially as it has a shit false ceiling that I've always hated. So I have to pull that down, pull the god-awful tiled ceiling above it down, insulate between the joists and then plasterboard it up. And then I have to do lighting and stuff. And then I have to hack away the old plaster from the external walls, [insulated] plasterboard them, backing board and tile the lot.

The original bathroom ceilling is a real mess, here's what's waiting for me (collapsed bit in the corner).

126142688_10160378065743275_4678763633706721764_n.jpg

Downstairs I don't really think there's an issue. I was worried about having Celotex and Kingspan under the floorboards due to fires, but I spoke with a builder (Irish bloke currently racing in World Rallycross) and he gave me some good tips. I can buy some felt called Tyvek to staple onto the joists (covering the foam insulation) and that'll give me a lot more fireproofing. Not that I think it's a huge issue, there's zero under there that's going to spark or set on fire, but it's nice to know. I was thinking about plasterboarding the foam insulation in, but it's a really tedious, filthy, long job as it's all crawling on my back with spiders and dirt.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's the Tories, innit. Chocolate tampon, and as much use as springs to mind.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They are useful to corporates who don't want to have to spend money on the minimum environmental protections.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
As I said before, when the Government makes commitments for a time period in which Boris will most likely be dead, it's the worst kind of virtue signalling.

I just hope that Wales, NI and Scotland embarrass them at the COP26 summit.

Embattle

FH is my second home
My loft door, thin wood. Never really thought about insulation on it. But I noticed it on the camera and stuck a few spare bits of Celotex to the back. Quite a difference. Ignore the low temperature number, it's reading the edge where there'll always be a slight breeze (unless I get some sticky foam tape on there).

I remember our original house built in the late 70s in essence had a piece of wood for a loft hatch which to remove you pushed up and moved it out the way. Our new house has a piece of rigid plastic with two latches, once released it swings downwards with a large lip and what looks like a thick block of polystyrene insulation on top.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
We didn't even have a hatch until they had to cut one to insulate the loft :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Just sold a rifle for £100 more than I paid for it new 2 years ago. Not bad!

Ormorof

FH is my second home

How does this solve anything?

It doesn't

Frankly I find the idea of plain clothes police a bit offensive

If some normal looking dude came up to me and started demanding things from me i would assume he was drunk or crazy no matter what badge he waved at me

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Do you know what really grinds my gears?

When watching news videos on North Korea I get adverts.

How offensive is that to the North Koreans!?!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I'm not sure where you are going with that, but I think the plight of NK people and what they are offended by is a little moot.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So much of this stuff going on. In all sorts of areas.

And it's *nothing* to do with years of printing cash devaluing our currency apparently.

*not really standing behind that off the cuff analysis. But I'm gonna stick some more into crypto :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's all to do with a shortage of materials and components to make new cars, as per the story. It would be most unusual for just 1 item to be affected by inflation.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It would be most unusual for just 1 item to be affected by inflation.
That's why I said all sorts of areas.

Car production, food, fuel, hell, even bikes and their parts. Shitloads of stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom