SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It's not @Bodhi 's fault he's a Tory.

Probably Labour's fault though.

What the juddering fuck does politics have to do with a fairly shit and inaccurate meme about a German car manufacturer you tedious grievance mongering arse?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
About a year ago I lost my Swiss Army knife, as if it disappeared off the planet. I was gutted because it was a gift with sentimental value.

Was having a bit of a sort out of my tools and work area this morning. Found it in my Dremel box...

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The depressing bit realising I've been on FH over half my life..
It's fine, the past is the past and you can't fix having not been here for that first half ;)

Happy Birthday 🎂🎂🎉🎉

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's not labours fault, but they offer zero alternative. They literally have no policies.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It's not labours fault, but they offer zero alternative. They literally have no policies.

They fo its just nobody cares. Some current policies for you

* 28bn each year on green infrastructure
* introduce plan to corp tax on online giants
* limit overseas investment in housing
* remove charity status of private schools to fund government schools
* incentives for legal pro bono work for those can't get legal aid
* invest in veteran mental health services

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They just spent an entire party conference in-fighting. They are a complete waste of space.

Vote Green.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
No they didn't. That'sj ust what the news reported

And if Keir refused to comment on whether men could have a cervix then the headlines would be 'Starmer transphobic!'.

Of course there's infighting; they just had a massive political shift and then shifted back again.

The same will happen to the Tories when they eventually go back to the middle ground.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
And if Keir refused to comment on whether men could have a cervix then the headlines would be 'Starmer transphobic!'.

Where is the evidence for this? And what would it matter if this was the case?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Of course there's infighting; they just had a massive political shift and then shifted back again.

The same will happen to the Tories when they eventually go back to the middle ground.

Funny sounding no comment, a no comment would have been better actually, rather than getting dragged into the crazy bullshit. There are actual important things to do, and far more important messages to get across at the Labour Party conference.

The Tories won't go back to the middle ground any time soon, why would they?

Gwadien

Where is the evidence for this? And what would it matter if this was the case?

I mean, look at Corbyn, there were multiple times where he was being questioned on the same stuff such as anti-Semitism, and when he dismissed the questions and wanted to talk about policy, he got jumped on by all the media groups, because if they didn't, they'd also be backing Corbyn's communism.

Funny sounding no comment, a no comment would have been better actually, rather than getting dragged into the crazy bullshit. There are actual important things to do, and far more important messages to get across at the Labour Party conference.

The Tories won't go back to the middle ground any time soon, why would they?

'And if'

I didn't say he did.

People don't care about policies, or the media has convinced people not to care about policies; even that article that you've posted - it wasn't even in the conference, it was in an interview, was it even mentioned during the conference?

And that's the thing, what coverage do we get of the conferences? May's silly dance or her coughing, Boris saying stupid shit over and over again. That's all that really gets reported.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I mean, look at Corbyn, there were multiple times where he was being questioned on the same stuff such as anti-Semitism, and when he dismissed the questions and wanted to talk about policy, he got jumped on by all the media groups, because if they didn't, they'd also be backing Corbyn's communism.

Very different. This is culture war nonsense that the majority of people don't care about. With Corbyn there were very strong anti-Israel factions in the party (I know this for a fact as an ex-member who used to attend CLP meetings), and some of the UK media is very pro-Israel so it was always going to used as a tool to bash him with.

You really think the Daily Mail is going to lay into Keith if he brushes away questions about men having cervixes or whatever it is now?

Gwadien

Very different. This is culture war nonsense that the majority of people don't care about. With Corbyn there were very strong anti-Israel factions in the party (I know this for a fact as an ex-member who used to attend CLP meetings), and some of the UK media is very pro-Israel so it was always going to used as a tool to bash him with.

You really think the Daily Mail is going to lay into Keith if he brushes away questions about men having cervixes or whatever it is now?

The Daily Mail isn't really my concern, they're obviously going to lay into Labour at any opportunity they can.

My point being that the media today is now competing with social media, which means they run stories that gain traction. If there's a question about trans issues (because it's a highly debated subject right now) and he brushed it off, I would absolutely expect even the likes of the BBC to run a 'Keir brushes off Trans issues' story, not reporting on Labour's policies, because people aren't interested in that and it won't get clicks.

That's precisely why Boris is golden for this era, because he can just behave like Boris and not have to talk about policies and make commitments, because that's not what the media/the people want. They want Boris.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's only highly debated by a tiny amount of people on twitter, ask anyone on the street and they either won't know what you are on about or just not care.

People care about having a job, the environment and cost of living. Important things, not inane drivel.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
With Corbyn there were very strong anti-Israel factions in the party ... and some of the UK media is very pro-Israel so it was always going to used as a tool to bash him with.
And shame on the UK public for not being able to intellectually separate anti-semitism for a disagreement with a murderous apartheid state.

The media bashed him, more than I've ever seen anyone bashed ever, over this - and it's because he's pro-palestinian, not anti-jew. And it worked.

Shame on UK voters.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
He was also completely mental. Again, nobody gave a shit about his criticism of Israel. It was the crazy train in general.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Don't agree on that at all. The mainstream press went on about it constantly, so of course that would've affected peoples views.

When actual anti-semitic behaviour was outed in the tory party and associated orgs, it was barely reported on.

Gwadien

It's only highly debated by a tiny amount of people on twitter, ask anyone on the street and they either won't know what you are on about or just not care.

People care about having a job, the environment and cost of living. Important things, not inane drivel.

I disagree, I think the majority of people don't give a shit and lots of that majority see politics as some kind of reality tv show.

As I said before, I dunno whether it's the media directing the show for clicks or is it the people who want these debates. I think it's very much the former.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Ah, that's good news then, the very people you say don't need to be involved with your hugely polluting Ponzi scheme, now want to get involved. Cash in the bank > the planet, ofc. Please don't try and claim otherwise :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom