SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Or we could use those billions not wasted on people who can afford to insulate their own properties on some relevant projects directly.

How much do you think people need to earn before they can 'afford' it?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South

House insulation is cheap. It's actually something people don't get told about. It can even be things like windows being resealed.

Loft.
Windows.
Doors.

Makes a huge difference

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

It costs virtually nothing to get the ball rolling. Reseal windows, insulate door frames. Even roof insulation isn't megabucks, the cost is the materials more than anything, it comes in rolls and is easy to install...might as well stick in some floorboards while you are at it. The only expensive part is cavity wall insulation, which not all houses can have anyway, since they don't have cavities and needs professional installation.

That would mean people have to turn the TV off for a few hours though...

Edit, I did all our doors and windows a couple of years back, probably cost me about £50 and a few hours work.

Last edited:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It costs virtually nothing to get the ball rolling. Reseal windows, insulate door frames. Even roof insulation isn't megabucks, the cost is the materials more than anything, it comes in rolls and is easy to install...might as well stick in some floorboards while you are at it. The only expensive part is cavity wall insulation, which not all houses can have anyway, since they don't have cavities and needs professional installation.

That would mean people have to turn the TV off for a few hours though...

Edit, I did all our doors and windows a couple of years back, probably cost me about £50 and a few hours work.

I cant remember the exact wording on the survey on my house when I bought it but it indicated that it had poor insulation and everything that could be done had been.
No cavity walls so not many options to improve that.

I have replaced the windows and doors as they were all rubbish especially the old wooden front door which had loads of gaps around it.
I still have quite a cold house.

Solid wall insulation - 7.5 million homes - 10-20 grand a house.

I dont have 10-20 grand to to do that

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I cant remember the exact wording on the survey on my house when I bought it but it indicated that it had poor insulation and everything that could be done had been.
No cavity walls so not many options to improve that.

I have replaced the windows and doors as they were all rubbish especially the old wooden front door which had loads of gaps around it.

Most houses without cavity walls can get external insulation now; its not that cheap, but we get good grants to help here and it makes your house more saleable because potential buyers can get a cheaper mortgage if your house is rated "B" or above.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Solid wall insulation - 7.5 million homes - 10-20 grand a house.
Why did you facepalm this @Embattle? It's just a fact. It's not commentary. It's just a problem statement from a document you yourself provided.

If I posted "sky sometimes contains clouds" would that also be facepalm worthy?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Hardly anyone does. Which is the point.

Nevertheless - we have do do it somehow.

We subsidise fossil fuels to the tune of £10.5bn a year in the UK (more if you factor in the knockon effects).

That's a massive wasted wad of bad cash we pay pollutors that we could stop and use fix our problem.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Why did you facepalm this @Embattle? It's just a fact. It's not commentary. It's just a problem statement from a document you yourself provided.

If I posted "sky sometimes contains clouds" would that also be facepalm worthy?

The facepalm is easier than repeating my replies to your previous post and your latest one.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I wonder what % of FH posts are just Scouse ranting about Embattles facepalms and how many are Embattle saying he wont repeat himself (repeatedly)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Most houses without cavity walls can get external insulation now; its not that cheap, but we get good grants to help here and it makes your house more saleable because potential buyers can get a cheaper mortgage if your house is rated "B" or above.

Not if you're in a conservation area. Our walls are 3ft thick granite. Only thing we can actually do is put in better windows.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Same here, and if we want new windows, then they will cost an absolute fortune, every single one needs to be custom-made. Half of them aren't even true square.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I wonder what % of FH posts are just Scouse ranting about Embattles facepalms and how many are Embattle saying he wont repeat himself (repeatedly)
I wonder if I should create a special "room" for them on here.....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I wonder if I should create a special "room" for them on here.....
He's back! Where've ya been boss? Life treating ya OK.

On the facepalm fun - I'm only the latedt moaner. @caLLous had a multi year spat over the same thing I seem to remember. :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
He's back! Where've ya been boss? Life treating ya OK.

On the facepalm fun - I'm only the latedt moaner. @caLLous had a multi year spat over the same thing I seem to remember. :)
I am always around, just don't post due to time restrictions. I am ok, life is good, you? Want to see more pictures of your estate :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I am always around, just don't post due to time restrictions. I am ok, life is good, you? Want to see more pictures of your estate :)
Life is OK ta :) First world problem of work getting in the way of stuff. Got a long weekend coming up tho so will take pics. The chickens and guinea fowl are really theraputic but dumber than I could ever have imagined.

They're also addictive. I'm thinking of getting a few geese now too :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter

Take the carpets up from the bedrooms and lift the floorboards. Almost certainly your ceiling won't be insulated. Stick some insulation in there. Makes a gigantic difference.

Messy job, but well worth doing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As someone with two vegan brothers (and I know lots of vegans too) I can assure you that they're infinitely more conscious of the impact of plastic on the environment than you are, and it's just a stupid assertion that not having animal products = plastic.
It generally is with clothing tbh. Especially footwear.

My objection was always animal cruelty myself. But yeah, vegans are just the current kicking boys because in most ways they're miles better than the general population - and people would rather point and shout "hypocrite" and dismiss everything they do as entirely irrelevant than point and shout "I know you're not an angel - but I can see you're doing much better than me so I'll try to do better myself, thanks".

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nah, It's Yemen, who gives a fuck
Maybe the 8m people who might be without drinking water in a desert. Or, if we don't give a fuck about the humans (which is fair enough), the wildlife :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom